Curious

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to dutchess2120
Hi, I am up at this crazy time of night because i work third shift.....just in case you are wondering lol. I was sitting here lurking around reading posts and i thought i would post to see what people think and if anyone has advice for me. I have been seeing someone about 6 months now and we decided that we aren't going to prevent pregnancy because we both want a baby. So the last time we were together we didnt use anything, that was about a week ago. I know this is very soon after but i have been so tired for the past few days....even if i am in bed all day from right after work at like 8 am until time to go to work i feel like i could sleep all night too. I have found myself almost falling asleep at work and have never done this before plus i just feel kinda different. Like i cant explain it just not myself, my entire abdominal area feels not like normal. There hasn't been any changes to my normal routine as far as eating and what not. I know this is early but what can these things mean? Is it just me being too hopeful or am i just tired out from the busy schedule i have had the past few months working and going to school too? If my af doesn't come in the next week or so would that be long enough to know more certain? My af is always unpredictable but for the past 6 months or so it has been almost normal, coming every month and lasting only about 3 or 4 days (used to be very heavy for at least 7 to 10 days). Any ideas or advise you wonderful ladies can give would be great thanks a bunch in advance

Oh, i forgot to mention that i have also had heartburn the past 3 days in a row no matter what i eat. not constant but at least once a day. I got it the first time after i drank water and ate a bagel with cream cheese, then after toast with peanut butter and the third day after a soda and macaroni and cheese??? This may be nothing but i thought maybe i should mention it
December 7th, 2008, 07:02 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I would wait at least a week...two if you can, and then test. If it's negative, you can retest once a week until you get a BFP or AF shows. Good luck!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 7th, 2008, 07:54 AM
SchoolGirlHeart82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SchoolGirlHeart82
Quote:
I would wait at least a week...two if you can, and then test. If it's negative, you can retest once a week until you get a BFP or AF shows. Good luck![/b]

December 7th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree.... good luck!

December 7th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Newbies
Hi sweetie,
I agree with the ladies above, the best way to know for sure is to test but don't waste your money wait a week or two.
The symptoms you are describing seem way to early for you to be having if you might have conceived just a week ago. If you are not expecting you might want to get that heartburn checked out, it could be due to poor diet or something more serious that should be checked out by your doc! I know how hard it can be when you are ttc, I tried for a super long time before my first 2 kiddies. Sometimes we can actually think we are having pregnancy symptoms because we want it so badly . Best way to help yourself conceive is to get plenty of rest, eat healthy and be healthy and let nature take its course! If it doesn't happen on its own after sometime, get a visit in with your OB and make sure things are okay with you. Good Luck.

Rose

Quote:
Hi, I am up at this crazy time of night because i work third shift.....just in case you are wondering lol. I was sitting here lurking around reading posts and i thought i would post to see what people think and if anyone has advice for me. I have been seeing someone about 6 months now and we decided that we aren't going to prevent pregnancy because we both want a baby. So the last time we were together we didnt use anything, that was about a week ago. I know this is very soon after but i have been so tired for the past few days....even if i am in bed all day from right after work at like 8 am until time to go to work i feel like i could sleep all night too. I have found myself almost falling asleep at work and have never done this before plus i just feel kinda different. Like i cant explain it just not myself, my entire abdominal area feels not like normal. There hasn't been any changes to my normal routine as far as eating and what not. I know this is early but what can these things mean? Is it just me being too hopeful or am i just tired out from the busy schedule i have had the past few months working and going to school too? If my af doesn't come in the next week or so would that be long enough to know more certain? My af is always unpredictable but for the past 6 months or so it has been almost normal, coming every month and lasting only about 3 or 4 days (used to be very heavy for at least 7 to 10 days). Any ideas or advise you wonderful ladies can give would be great thanks a bunch in advance

Oh, i forgot to mention that i have also had heartburn the past 3 days in a row no matter what i eat. not constant but at least once a day. I got it the first time after i drank water and ate a bagel with cream cheese, then after toast with peanut butter and the third day after a soda and macaroni and cheese??? This may be nothing but i thought maybe i should mention it[/b]
December 7th, 2008, 09:23 PM
AmandaR
I agree, wait a week or so. But I will say, exhaustion was my first symptom and it hit less than 2 weeks after conception and it SUCKED! Good luck!!
December 8th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to dutchess2120
Thank you all very much for the support and advice. I know it is me probably just being too anxious but i cant help it. I did think it was rather odd that I went to bed Sunday night at 11:30 and i woke up a couple times but I slept until 12:15 monday afternoon. I was so tired out for some reason everytime i woke up i couldn't keep my eyes open. Then get this, at 7:30 after i got home from class I felt like I could go back to sleep I was so tired, I had just slept for over 12 hours the night before!! I have no clue whats going on but I just don't feel right, I am feeling kinda off and totally exhausted. I also thought it was weird that I have not had any appetite the past 2 days at all either. i made something for lunch yesterday and sat down to eat, only took 3 or 4 bites and I wasn't hungry at all. Maybe I am coming down with the flu or something like that.
December 9th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
The ladies above have great advice. I would have to agree with them about waiting to test. I know how hard it is to wait. I am not one to talk about waiting. I have been testing everyday for 3 weeks. Talk about the money there. Good Luck when you do test!!

Do not mention on FB

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search