Alicat78

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2008, 11:59 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I just realized that you are from Charleston. Have you always lived in West Virginia? I grew up in Grafton which is in north-central WV. It's half hour/45 minutes south of Morgantown. Man I miss the mountains! You're going to have to post some pictures of the landscape for me so that I can drool and be all homesick!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 8th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to aliciat1978 Send a message via MSN to aliciat1978 Send a message via Yahoo to aliciat1978
Pretty much, I was born here and my dad moved us to Fla. when I was 6 but we moved back when I was 12 so yeah most of my family is here and some out of state. It's so cool to find someone on here from around the same area. I will definitely try and get some snowy pics together for you LOL. Although, if you know about West Virginia weather then you know it can snow 2 feet one minute and be 70 degrees the next hehe. It snowed here all weekend and the high for tomorrow is 65...geesh, I would love to get a white christmas like back in 94'.

December 8th, 2008, 12:55 PM
OMG! We had sooo much snow that year! And it was soo flippin' cold! My school was closed like the whole month of January, with the exception of 4 days and those were early-outs delayed starts or BOTH!

Did you all get hit by the blizzard in October of 2005 or was that just the northern part of the state? I had just started a long distance relationship with Matt (my DH) that year, literally just days before the storm hit, and we were without phone or power for about a week. He thought I hated him and was ignoring him. lol

Other than that the only other really big snow I can remember was in 2002 or 2003. And it was like January I think. We had a TON of snow, and I was having to drive Route 119 between Grafton and Morgantown daily. One of the worst roads in the world I think! lol

December 9th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to aliciat1978 Send a message via MSN to aliciat1978 Send a message via Yahoo to aliciat1978
Yeah we definitely got that snow LOL...I remember we got two really big ones like 2 or 3 years in a row. I think I was in eighth or ninth grade when we got the first one and was declared a state of emergency. We were off of school for like 3 weeks in Jan and then another one hit in Feb and we were off for like another 2 weeks. It was ridiculous HEHE. I remember actually getting cabin fever and wanting to go back to school because I was so bored. We couldn't even go anywhere unless it was on four wheelers and everything was closed...even flippin go mart. You know things are bad when go mart is closed LOLOL!

December 9th, 2008, 10:10 AM
No kidding! There were 2 in Grafton. I lived there from age 5 until 25, and in those 20 years, I saw them closed one time. Once was during the power outage in 2005 and the other was when someone robbed all 4 gas stations in town.

December 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Veteran
LOL Go for good times...Go for Go Mart. Sorry I know it's super cheesy but I had to break that one out for ya!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search