GTKY

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
I don't rmember having one of these so:

How did you and your DH/ SO meet? when did you start dating? And how long were you together before you got serious?

My answers:

We both worked together at a truck stop when I was in college. I was a server on 2nd shift and he was the 3rd shift cook. We started dating 2 months after we met. We got engaged 2 months after we started dating and got married 8 months later.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

December 8th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was at the end of my senior year in highschool, and Dh who is 8 years older than me was back in town after the company he was helping to build went under (a .com company) living at home. I met him at work, and it is a small town so I had been hearing about some new cute guy in town for a while anyway lol. We started dating and when he moved to Idaho we stayed together and I went off to college, then after a while we decided we didn't like the long distance thing so I left college to move to ID and here we are.

December 8th, 2008, 01:40 PM
schufamily

How did you and your DH/ SO meet? when did you start dating? And how long were you together before you got serious?

My hubby and I met playing an online video game called "Final Fantasy"! LOL.. I know!!! I had to move to an apt, and because I didn't know anyone, I took the chance of asking if anyone on that game lived in my area, and could help me move.. He immediately offered his help, and we started dating about 2 weeks later.. 2 months after that we found out we were pregnant, LOL.... we got married in March 2006, 2 months before our daughter was born... We'll be married 3 years this March .. He is my soul mate!
December 8th, 2008, 01:50 PM
lilflower

I was a freshman in highschool and he was a sophomore. We went on a few dates. Then we got exclusive. We got married in 03...the end of my junior year, his senior year. And have now been together forever it seems!
...we got married and lost our first baby "May" in may, then had lily in 05.
December 8th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to amylou378

My best friend and I worked at the same restaurant/bar and her boyfriend at the time worked w/ DH. They used to have parties all the time, and DH came to one...and that was pretty much it. That was Nov 1996, and we've been together since then, though we say we weren't exclusive til Jan 1997. So, January will be 6 years we've been married (Jan 2003) and 12 years together. Geez that's a long time...and we're only 30 & 31!

December 8th, 2008, 02:35 PM
electriclids's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dean (DH) and I both worked at Michaels Arts & Crafts. I worked on the arts and crafts side, he was department manager on the seasonal side. I noticed him right away, but I was so totally shy around him (not like me) and I was also trying not to notice him because I had just left my ex. Trying not to like him, dammit! But, alas- I gave him a ride home from work one day, and the next day we hung out, and I was pretty much with him from that day on. He later told me that when I gave him a ride home, he wanted to kiss me... he didn't really understand why

We worked together 5 months before we started dating, were dating 3 months before we got engaged and married 1 year later. We just had our one year wedding anniversary. It was meant to be, for sure...
December 8th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
I met Gwyddion in June 2003. It was at my mom's retirement party (they worked together). At the time I was engaged to someone else. July, my fiance and I broke up. August, Gwyddion and I started dating. September, we married.

That was over 5 years ago and we have a two year old son and are still happy as ever.

December 8th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DP met online. I really wasn't wanting a bf to be honest as I'd just had a bad break up and a hell of a year! But I had searched "long hair" and this list of thumbnails poped up with guys with long hair. I scroled down and clicked on DP cos I liked the look althou could only see a thumbnail it wasnt detailed. His list of fave things were very similar to mine (ie long hair ribena and cats LOL!)

We Met for the first time at a castle near me. And we talked about his cat mostly! and lots of silence. We saw each other alot ( but we wer an hour and a half drive away) A few times I sleeped over at his but in the spare room. and compleatly trying to avoid the relationship for about a month. Then we got together.

I was 20 and he was 23. I dont under stand this seriouse and exlusive and steady stuff you guys have!

In england your either friends, F*ck Buddies, or going out or engadged/married.
December 8th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy

We actually met in high school. We were just friends and hung out a time or two, did some projects together. We both went away to college and only talked sporadically. Eight years after high school, he called me out of the blue. We started dating and then three months later were engaged. We were married the year after and have been for six years now.

December 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
We met on Yahoo. We were friends for 2 years before we started dating. I moved in 6 months after we started dating.

Do not mention on FB
December 9th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to caz4ny

Well I moved in with my mom in Feb. of 1998, after a bad breakup and decided to go out with my cousin to have a few drinks and possibly get laid..lol. We went to this restaurant where our family went all of the time and I saw the cook sitting at the bar. When I went up to get a drink I told him to join us at our table. Well my cousin knew him due to the fact that she lived in Florida way longer then I had. So we got to talking and I found out his best friend was dating my mom. The next night I found out his friend was coming to my moms to hang out and I told him not to show up without Richie. DH had to be at work at 5:30 am and almost did not come, but he stopped and picked up flowers and showed up and we spent the entire night just hanging out in my moms living room. In May he proposed to me and in July we were married. I knew from the min. I saw him at the bar that he was the one for me. I joke with him even to this day, and we have been married for 10 years, that he was just supposed to be a good lay and now I am stuck with him...lol

Carrie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search