Calling all post IUD TTC'ers...

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am CD 12 and just having quite a bit of cramping and wondering if anyone else who had an IUD removed recently is having the same thing? I hadn't had AF while the IUD was in and got what SEEMED to be AF two days after removing it and it was heavier and more crampy than normal for me.... and I guess I haven't really stopped cramping since the bleeding stopped though it hasn't been much since then... but today it is a bit more uncomfortable....

Now it occured to me it could be O pains but that wasn't something I usually experienced so wasn't sure.... Its like I keep expecting to see blood in my underwear or something but nothing is there... Its enough that its hard to ingore for sure.

I know that the bleeding I had could not be a real AF, but I have had a pretty seemingly normal cycle (for me) since the then... and I had EWCM again today... which I often have up to 6 days of before O or at least before my body tries to O lol.

Were the first few cycles crampy after IUD?

December 8th, 2008, 04:15 PM
rachelwilber's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rachelwilber
Hi,

YES my periods before BCs were always super crampy and sent me to bed but now that I have been without my IUD for the last 5 months my periods are getting worse and worse in the cramp department.

I hope you get BFP soon so you won't have to worry about AF! HUGS!!

December 8th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks, sorry to hear yours are getting worse! I am wondering if the entire cycle is crampy though too?

December 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Livy'sMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was crampy for a few weeks after having the mirena taken out. It took me 5 months to completely regulate after having it removed, which my Dr says is normal to take up to 6 months. Which IUD did you have?

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggie
December 8th, 2008, 06:38 PM
the mirena.... hoping I will get PG before things regulate then lol.... I don't want to wait so long this time... waaaahhhhh! lol

December 8th, 2008, 11:00 PM
smile24me's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After my IUD came out 5 month ago I haven’t had bad cramps at all. If anything they are just like before IUD. My first cycle after the cramps were bad but only that first cycle. My periods only took 2 cycles to regulate. Sorry if I’m not much help.
December 9th, 2008, 05:09 AM
hustons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hustons Send a message via Yahoo to hustons
I had a Paraguard IUD and had HORRIBLE cramps with it in. After I got it out, my AFs have been great however completely off cycle now....just look at my chart.....

"In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero" ......Martina McBride
December 9th, 2008, 06:30 AM
lilflower
I had a mirena and got pregnant before my first real AF came. I had a few days of "af" and then got a bfp! Which I lost, but I regulated quickly. But I do remember the CRAMPS. Really bad cramps. Hope they ease up on you soon!
December 9th, 2008, 06:41 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I didn't have AF at all when I had the Mirena. I had my Mirena taken out on Nov. 17th after 3.5 years. I bled a tad for a couple days afterward - the md said it was normal from taking it out. I know I O'd on Nov. 24th. AF came on Dec. 6th. I really haven't had any cramping, however, at the first sign of AF I began taking tylenol, midol, etc so I don't know how bad they would have been.

So I guess I don't know yet about worse cramping - I prefer to just nip it in the bud before it starts.

December 9th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Livy'sMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
the mirena.... hoping I will get PG before things regulate then lol.... I don't want to wait so long this time... waaaahhhhh! lol[/b]
I am really sensitive to BC hormones so it probably took me longer than most to regulate. Hopefully you will be regular right away!

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggie
December 9th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Thanks everyone! Went to urologist today for follow up on kidney stone and there was trace amounts of blood in my urine... so guess I am still probably spotting. Grr...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search