TTC with low labido / deppresson / the wrong time?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Galls,

Ive been reading post after post of "we bd yesterday the day before and will of course today"

and I'm just wondering HOW do you do that? (ok yall dont have to draw a picture I know HOW!)

But I mean energy / emotionaly wise? I just cant do it on demand. I can one night maby 2 nights but I just cant force it you know? And I HATE saying to DP we have to bd to night, cos Im ovulating, or what ever It feals like black male.

I had huge panics about maby Im not realy atracted to DP enough. But i KNOW I am as I do get the urge to pounce on him, But its at times like when hes driving, and If its illigal to use a mobile phone whilst driving Im ###### sure the cops would object to us having a quicky behind the wheel!

I also thought maby Its waiting till were too tired at night But we cant do it in the morning as DP has to get up at 9ish and If I get up them I'm to ill. And We cant do it Mid day as MIL has a tendancy to knock on our door and ask us to come do something!

How do you over come this?

B x
December 8th, 2008, 07:08 PM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
Warning: May be TMI!!!

I am not sure how conservative you are, or if this will even work for you...BUT sometimes I find it hard to get in the mood, ESPECIALLY when you know it's an opportune time...So here it goes...I usually end up putting on an adult movie...and eventually we both get in the mood to BD..even when we didn't even want to think about it. Sometimes it takes what feels like forever...but it usually gets the job done..LOL! Hope that wasn't too far, but thought I would share my BD tactic...
December 8th, 2008, 07:14 PM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
LOL it can definitley have its challenges BDing on que but we just do it. Alot of the times we dont care because we are so excited to conceive we just feel its worth it.

However i have really long cycles and i think some months we didnt conceive because we quit BDing too soon. We start the cycle off strong then get tired!!

I guess one tip is to try and go to the room earlier than you would to go to sleep that way you arent too tired and you can get it in then watch some tv as you prop yourself up (thats what im fixing to do now : )

Quote:
Warning: May be TMI!!!

I am not sure how conservative you are, or if this will even work for you...BUT sometimes I find it hard to get in the mood, ESPECIALLY when you know it's an opportune time...So here it goes...I usually end up putting on an adult movie...and eventually we both get in the mood to BD..even when we didn't even want to think about it. Sometimes it takes what feels like forever...but it usually gets the job done..LOL! Hope that wasn't too far, but thought I would share my BD tactic... [/b]
HAHA Ashley I agree. I was watching Cat House on HBO last night and it was so easy to get in the mood! OH and nothing is TMI on this bored!! lol

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

December 8th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have like no libido.... seriously... It is a very rare thing for me to be the one with the urge to have sex anyway... so when it comes to BDing... we just do it because we need to. We still enjoy it of course once we start, but there is no romantic urge beforehand... we just say "we need to BD tonight" and get going lol. We laugh alot about it too... it always breaks the ice lol.

December 8th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OH MY! Mrs. Steele! hehe! Nope nothing is TMI! Unfortulatly adult movies dont work for me, well they do If im on my own missing DP but when hes in the room I want it to be all about him. KWIM?

I cant just make my self do it, It hurts way to much and can be quite triggering. Blah stupid labido!
December 8th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd suggest toys, but if you want it to be all about him that wont really work for you.... However... if you just make an equal effort to get each other into it... maybe oral for him, and toys for you or whatever works for you then it would be fine I'd think. Sorry if TMI lol.

December 8th, 2008, 07:56 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Oral while TTC is a NO-NO! Saliva kills the sperm! Other than that....definitely just work at trying to get into the mood. Maybe some foreplay without any satisfaction each day for a few days before you are ready to O and then maybe that will help. I don't really have much advice. There are times when we just do it because we want a baby and know we need to. lol

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 8th, 2008, 07:59 PM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
You ladies make me laugh! Watching movies not only does it for me, but for him as well...You are telling me, they don't get him going?!?! Toys work for me too, but only when I am not tired...you can't get me to put in much effort when I am tired...but like we all said...you gotta do, what you gotta do!
December 9th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We TTC Alyssa for 4 years and sometimes it felt like a chore, you just gotta put the effort in and keep trying

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
December 9th, 2008, 07:16 AM
kins's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have lately discovered thinking about nice times we had together works for me the best.. and not thinking about wanting to make baby makes it better too (I know second part is very hard )
December 9th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Jen84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Under normal circumstances, my husband asks/suggests BD every second of every day. My libido is BARELY there (I am on some suppressing meds) so it is hard for me to be in the mood. But since I am charting, I know when to give in to BD (Around O time!) and when to hold off so I dont get too exhausted (like CD4 or something way too early). But I have also noticed, almost forcing myself to do it in the beginning made it easier to get into it now. I used to dread sex, and now I don't really mind it. Most importantly, we both want to make a baby

Cycle #21
Roses are red,
so is your period.
Happy Valentine's Day girls!
..::Journal::...................:ictures::..

lilygirl <3
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search