GTKY

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What schooling did you do? And what will you be doing / what your children to do for their education?

I was :

Nursery 3-5 years old
Primary school 5-11
Highschool 12-13
Homeschool 13-14
Hospital school 14 for a bout 3 months! LOL!
Home school 14-18
College 18 for a couple of months
then uni 21-22
now Im starting uni again next autumn at 23!

My children will be in school for nursery / primary but for 2 years max whilst I finish Uni. Hopefully we might be able to flexi school, maby 2 terms in school 2 home school. Then Homeschool after that hopefully!
December 9th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Well I was in preschool once I turned 4. I know I really enjoyed it. I feel that this is a great start for children if we do decide not to do day care. I was in public school until I graduated high school. In our area unless I was to decide to homeschool public is our only choice. I know some of the teacher and am very happy with our system here so I am sure we will use the public school.

Do not mention on FB
December 9th, 2008, 06:41 AM
smile24me's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom was a SAHM so I was with her till kindergarten and went to public school from there till end of high school and went straight to collage and have a degree in Dental Assisting
December 9th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to check when you guys say public school that means State school in america?

over here public school is one you pay for and can be a boarding school. And the free ones are called state schools.

What age is kindergarden? We dont have that I dont think?
December 9th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
Well I never went to preschool. I was in about 9 different elementary schools from age 5-12. Then Jr High from 12-14. and High school from 14-18. I did go to college for 1 year when I graduated high school. I dropped out when I met DH. As far as my kids are concerned I really want my daughter to go to a prepatory school but she can't until she is 12 years old. So for now she is just in elementary school.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

December 9th, 2008, 07:21 AM
smile24me's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Just wanted to check when you guys say public school that means State school in america?

over here public school is one you pay for and can be a boarding school. And the free ones are called state schools.

What age is kindergarden? We dont have that I dont think?[/b]

Yes. Public school is state school here. If you pay for school it’s called private school. Not sure for other states but you start kindergarten when your 5 here in Utah. It's just before you start 1st grade. It's mostly to make sure your child is caught up with the other kids there age.
December 9th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Veteran
I went to pre-school for a year- probably around 4
Started public school at age 5-17.
My last year of highschool I went for half the year then I finished a couple credits that I needed through distance learning while taking a few college credits at the local 2 year college and working 2 part time jobs
I went to college for about a year before quiting (don't regret that though. It would have been money wasted.)

For my dd we are homeschooling all the way through. She'll be able to do dual enrollment during highschool at the 2 year college to get some of her credit hours for both highschool and college at the same time. We may do some of that and testing out of some of the college classes. It will depend on what she'd like to do at the time. She is leaning toward some kind of career with animals (vet, bioligist, horse breeding/training etc, not sure what just yet), so we'll be able to work her toward some of that even now. Of course, she may change her mind before then, and we'll switch directions as she needs

I really don't know what the public schools are like here as we didn't even consider them (we moved here 2 years ago. Where we were before was the schools that dh and I both had gone to). They are probably pretty good as we are in a rural area, so the schools are a bit smaller and that is usually better.

Shannon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shannon (32 years old) ~ Married to dh (for 12 years) ~ Mom to dd (10 years old)
Visit my blog at: http://aroundthehomestead.blogspot.com/
December 9th, 2008, 08:23 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Kindergarten through 5th grade was a private catholic school
6th grade - 12th were in public schools (4 different schools)
I got an associate degree in general education (transfer degree)
I'm in school now doing competitive classes to get into dental hygiene but will have to change my school plan since we are moving to Italy. I will be doing Health Care Administration via Distance Learning through the school I'm at now until I get back to the states and can go back to dental hygiene.

Oldest DS is attending post school. Youngest DS is to young right now but will be attending the Italian Preschools once we get to Italy.
December 9th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Mommy0305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to preschool for 2 years
Kindergarden - 6th grade was elementary school
7th & 8th grade was Jr High
9th - 12th was High school
and I went to college and got a BA in Sociology and minored in Political Science

TTC #3 after pregnancy loss at 13 weeks, 6 days
December 9th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I never went to preschool. My mom was a SAHM, so I was with her until I went to kindergarten at age 4.
Elementary school-k-5.
Middle school 6-8
High school 9-12.
Undergraduate B.S.E.
Graduate school M. Ed.

My son has been in preschool the last two years, despite having me at home. I think it's important for him, since he is an only child for now. He'll then attend our local public school until he gradates and goes off to mecial school LOL Just kidding. Whatever he wants to do . . .

December 9th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to aliciat1978 Send a message via MSN to aliciat1978 Send a message via Yahoo to aliciat1978
I started kindergarten at the ripe old age of four LOL. In the eighties, as long as you turned five before Nov. 1 then you could start at least that's how it was for my state. Now I think it is before Sept 1. Moved to Fla. when I was about 6 and went from 1st to 7th there. Moved back to WV and finished high school. Attended Marshall University for one year before transferring to Wake Forrest in Winston Salem, NC. Got prego with DS my second year at Wake so moved back to WV (guess I just can't get away from this place LOL) to be close to family. After DS was born, started my junior year at University of Charleston (Private college, way pricy...thank goodness for scholarships but it was my closest choice with a new baby). Graduated from UC in 2002 with degrees in Psychology and Business Management. Now I work at an Opinion Research Firm in Charleston...Can be really fun at times but around election time it's very stressful and working like 60 hours a week can really kill you when your ttc LOL.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search