How did you decide?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2008, 04:17 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
How did you decide that your DH or SO was "THE ONE"? Did you know from the beginning or were you friends or even dating and then one moment made you realize how special they were?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 9th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
We had been friends for 2 years before we started dating. I knew the second that we met in person he was the one. We clicked so well the moment we were together. Everything fell into place when I moved in 6 months after we started dating. Now we have been happily married for almost a year!

Do not mention on FB
December 9th, 2008, 04:46 AM
lilflower
I knew from the beginning. Well our first kiss anyways. It was intense...I was so young, but I just "knew". And look at us now?!! lol.
December 9th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to caz4ny
I came to stay with my mom in Fla. and met DH within a week. I had to go back to NY to see if it would work with my ex and if I was going to move back in with him. I cut that trip short and came rushing back into DH's arms after only knowing him for 2 weeks. I could not stand to be away from him. When I got off of the plane he was there holding this huge teddy bear, looking hot. He told me then that he was really glad I came back to him and took me out to the most awsome restaurant ever. I new I had to be with him.

Carrie

December 9th, 2008, 05:48 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
I was attracted to my DH when we first became friends, but thought I didnt have a chance. We attempted to start dating a month after meeting, but it didnt work out. We were best friends for about 2 years and then we finally started dating, it got serious FAST and 2 years later (and 2 break ups later lol) we got married. We have been together for 4 years now and married for 2 years. My DH tells me that he knew right away I was the ONE and I knew he was the one as soon as we finally started dating.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
December 9th, 2008, 05:59 AM
smile24me's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We both knew from the beginning. DH bought my engagement ring when we had only been dating for 4 months but didn’t purpose till almost a year later.
December 9th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Mommy0305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I were 16 when we started dating and had been good friends for year before that. I knew (and he knew too) because we all ways wanted to be together every second of the day. And we still do 15 years later.

TTC #3 after pregnancy loss at 13 weeks, 6 days
December 9th, 2008, 06:26 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
This is actually a funny story, looking back there were a lot of "almost meetings" with us but it didn't happen until April 2003. We would miss seeing each other by days, hours and once by meer minutes. DH and I were both medics going through training at Fort Sam Houston, TX (I was National Guard and he was Active Army). They would shout out your grades based on the last four of your social security number. I always wondered whose SS# was 2 digits away from mine. Well one day I overheard him saying "I want a girl whose parents make at LEAST $250,000" (cocky I know). That is when I knew he was the one. Not only did my parents make NO WAY near $250,000 a year, I just had a feeling. So it started off just innocent and joking with him. One night I invited him out with a group and by then end of the night he hadn't kissed me (even after he kept telling my friends he was going to) so I finally had probably a little to much to drink and I kissed him first. Within a couple weeks we were talking about marriage. After training we parted ways but he still made the straight 9 hour drive from NC to Ohio at least once a month. In Nov. 2003 we got married...
December 9th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
When I first met DH I liked him a lot, but it wasn't until we started dating that I realized how much I liked him... our relationship was a whirlwind..we met in May of this year... in Sept we were engagaged, then we were buying a house and moving in with each other by October and Married November 1st... I have no doubt that my husband is my soul mate.. I am madly in love with him!
December 9th, 2008, 07:15 AM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
hmmm... well the first night we actually were introduced i knew before even meeting up that it was going to turn in to something. Matt was our HS star athlete and i knew who he was all through school but he was a year younger and always had a steady girlfriend. Well after highschool and back from college we met up at a party and i knew he was the one on our first date. He was just everything i was looking for : )

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

December 9th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
wow you guys stories make me nervouse LOL!

For me I tryed avoiding dating DP for a while, then kinda caved but didnt mind lol. But it took months maby a year, there were no fire works no WOW just this nice warm loving fealing sort of creeped in slowly and surley2 years In hes deffinatly the one for me! But it took along time! But Im happy with tah lol!

The woman who bought me up's experiance was similar and Ive never known a love so strong and long lasting! So I'm happy to have that long tearm creeping love

Not seen him since sunday morning miss him so much <>
December 9th, 2008, 07:23 AM
kins's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were friends for 8 years, frankly speaking it was not love or attraction from my side. When he talked about taking our relationship in different direction, I thought he is the one I am compatible emotionally, intellectually and we shared almost similar lifestyle and values. I presumed when romance wears off this are the things that matters most. Believe me I have not regretted my decision ever since and we have been married for 6 years!
December 9th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Veteran
I was a freshman in highschool (age 14) when I met dh. He was a junior (age 17) and was able to drive and pretty much do whatever he wanted. I wasn't even allowed to be with him without a parent around and there was no way my parents were going to let me ride in his truck. So we traded going to his parents house and coming to mine. If we wanted to see a movie, my mom drove us. He even asked me to marry him before I was allowed to go on a real date with him (I was 15). My parents did let me go to prom when I was 15 with him driving, but I couldn't go to after prom, so he went with a friend. It wasn't until my 16th birthday that I could go on a real date with him. He took me to the lake and had packed a picnic lunch, he had even made the cake all by himself (That was the ONLY time I've known of him cooking other than on the grill and we've had no more picnic lunches, lol

As for when I knew... I'm really not sure. I was so young and what I thought was right then, doesn't compare to how I feel now, kwim? We never did break up the whole time, and we've now been together for almost 17 years. We've had ups and downs, that comes with any relationship, but we've always been able to work things out.

Shannon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shannon (32 years old) ~ Married to dh (for 12 years) ~ Mom to dd (10 years old)
Visit my blog at: http://aroundthehomestead.blogspot.com/
December 9th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I pretty much knew from the beginning. He was like no other guy I had ever dated. Incredibly good looking, smart, funny, kind I was hooked. Plus he is tall, dark & handsome
December 9th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
Ok, This will sound really bad but it is what attracted me to dh in the first place. He was so rough and mean looking. He had that A**hole charm to him. I know. I loved that about him. When I first started talking to him I would get all happy and flirty. I remember like 2 days after we started dating he was holding my hand. He has very dark skin while I'm quite white. He tld me "look at the color of our skin, I don't think its going to work out" i told him it didn't matter to me. we have been together ever since. I'm a firm believer in love at first sight. I knew the moment I laid eyes on him that he was the one. That was 7 years ago. We have been married for over 6 years now.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

December 9th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Jen84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was dating his best friend (whom we still hang out with every week) when I met him. His friend was kind of a butthole so we parted ways friendly-like and I started cautiously dating Justin because I didnt know how the friend-dating-friend's-ex thing would work, but now, I can hardly remember being with his friend, its all him!

Cycle #21
Roses are red,
so is your period.
Happy Valentine's Day girls!
..::Journal::...................:ictures::..

lilygirl <3
</div>
December 9th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
I knew from the beginning. We clicked together. Had a lot of the same interests, was the same religion, wanted the same things in life, had a lot of the same views on things (though that has slightly changed over the years, but that's not a bad thing... there are just certain things we don't really agree on anymore... such is life lol). We just seemed to click. I could see myself growing old with him and being happily married to him. That hasn't changed.

With my ex fiance... while he's a really great guy and we had a good relationship... I just had a hard time seeing us married and "together forever".

December 9th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Livy'sMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started dating when I was 16 and DH was 17. It took him a year to get up the nerve to ask me out which I think is pretty cute. I don't know exactly when I knew but we had only been dating a couple months when DH said he that I was "the one". We got married two weeks after we graduated college. A total of 11 years later and I couldn't imagine life without him

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search