have you ever met anyone famous?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I was just curious if anyone every met anyone famous? Its kinda slow in here so im just popping of with questions.

December 10th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Jen84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My best friend is Jessica Alba.

Just kidding. I've never met anybody famous!

Edit: Oh but my sister got to shake Muhummad Ali's hand when we were little!

Cycle #21
Roses are red,
so is your period.
Happy Valentine's Day girls!
..::Journal::...................:ictures::..

lilygirl <3
</div>
December 10th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On our honeymoon in Tahiti we met John Elway... retired QB for the Broncos.... he was staying at the same resorts as us. Nothing too excited since Dh is a Cowboys fan and actually hates the broncos, but neat all the same.

December 10th, 2008, 12:24 PM
SchoolGirlHeart82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SchoolGirlHeart82
Yes! I've met Dropkick Murphys, Jake Gyllenhal (spelling) at an airport, Jimmy Buffett at a concert, Bloodhound Gang (through my bro) and Johnny Depp/Orlando Bloom/Keira Knightly (DIVA!!!) at the premiere of POTC 3 (uncle was on production team). My favorite of all was johnny depp, he is just so humble! Everyone that came up to congratulate or meet him he would take his hat off anf do a little bow. I havent met any famous people in a couple years ...I think my luck ran out!

December 10th, 2008, 12:29 PM
RawrDiino's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to RawrDiino Send a message via Yahoo to RawrDiino
<span style="font-family:Century Gothic">Does the long time running weather guy for my local news station count? </span>
мα∂єℓуи 4.8.10
вєвє вєαи є∂∂ 7.30.11
ωιfєу тσ נσни 9.25.10
December 10th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Jesse's_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jesse's_girl
I have met Chris Daughtry and his band before his concert he was very nice and just kept saying to me you are awfully quite I didn't know what to say and didn't want to feel like a goob
December 10th, 2008, 12:45 PM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i met tom cruise and paul newman by fluke.

i'll try to keep this short, my girlfriend and i were dating two guys that were friends and were stock car racing fans. they wanted us to go to a stock car race and we didn't want to go. but we decided we needed to buck it up and do something they enjoyed. so we went. we were walking down the rows/aisles of stock car racer "booths" if you will (the place where they display their cars and hang out when their not racing). well one of the guys we were with said to his friend, hey isn't that Walter Peyton (Chicago Bears) and the other guy said, it sure is. well i turned my head to look and low and behold tom cruise and paul newman were standing talking to some guys at their booth. i hit my girlfriend and said, oh my God, it's tom cruise. she screamed. there weren't many women at this race and they guys didn't seem all that interested in him. so we went up and talked to him. we met is golden retreiver, and he showed us his stock car. he was very very nice. now i know that he can be a total nut!!!! but he was very nice to us. we got lots of pictures!!

December 10th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I met Carson Daley (sp?) from MTV's TRL, New Years Eve Special, etc. hehehe - sat next to him a dinner in NYC and ended up chatting a little about the food...Also had my picture taken with Kathy Ireland (model) on a cruise to Europe.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
December 10th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Not that I know of.

But Jerry Stiller (I think that's who it was) sold my mom and step-dad a condo once.

December 10th, 2008, 01:14 PM
electriclids's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I met Keanu Reeves when I was 15, and he just happened to by my minds obsession at that time. Needless to say, I was hyperventilating. lol!
December 10th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Yes,Johnny Cash.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

December 10th, 2008, 02:09 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Quote:
Yes,Johnny Cash.[/b]
I am completely and totally JEALOUS right now!

I don't know if anyone remembers the band Blessid Union of Souls, but I met them one night after a concert. They were so down to earth. One of them got a ciggarette from me, and then when my ex started giving me a hard time they offered to take me on the road with them. Of course that was 10 years and 80 pounds ago.

I also met Vanilla Ice (rapper from the 80's or early 90's) My neighbor raced jet ski's and got to know him through that. One day we were at the lake and ran into him (the neighbor). He asked my Dad if he and his friend could take us (my sis and I) out on the jet skis. I nearly passed out when I say who his friend was. My sister (the sneaky little punk) road with him will I rode with the neighbor.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 10th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Jen84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
<span style="font-family:Century Gothic">Does the long time running weather guy for my local news station count? </span>[/b]
Dude!! One time this guy hit on me at the mall pretty hardcore. I remembered him and his name just because it was so odd.

Anyway the next week me and my then boyfriend were watching the news, and the dude is the freaking weather man! He was like in his 20's so it wasn't TOO creepy, but still funny.

Cycle #21
Roses are red,
so is your period.
Happy Valentine's Day girls!
..::Journal::...................:ictures::..

lilygirl <3
</div>
December 10th, 2008, 02:30 PM
lilflower
I met a few bands and band members, because I worked at a live club for a while. My favorite was "smile empty soul" and "coldplay" and "story of the year" They were particularly nice.
December 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Kerrie782
I met Toby Keith at a concert and Bill Devaine at habatat for humanity.

It was fun

DUE: Jan. 27, 2010!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 10th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to caz4ny
I also me Rob Van Winkle (Vanilla Ice) A couple of years back, DH and I were at Miami subs eating sandwiches with our DD's and he came into the play area with his daughter (where we were sitting) and we started talking and I got an awsome pic with him and he was awsome enough to let me take a couple of pics of my DDs playing with his DD. He invited me and DH to come and see him race dirtbikes.

I also met Mark Wills (Country singer) at a concert I was so nervous about meeting him I almost drank too much before even getting the chance to talk to him. lol He was really nice.

I also met Chad Brock (also a country singer) At a concert meet and greet. He was so funny My DH bought him a shot and a beer and while he was going to get it for him Chad had his hand right above my butt and was staring down my blouse. He was a terrific guy though, really down to earth.

I am sure I will remember more later.

Carrie

December 10th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't expecting that... My husbands kinda aunt is Kirsty alley. I haven't got to meet her. I kinda met aaron carter. I took my brother to his concert like 10 years ago. He ran into me and that was it.

December 11th, 2008, 10:59 AM
amychristian's Avatar TTC Board Co-Host
I met Snoop Dogg in Las Vegas a few years ago. He was with a HUGE entourage. I was waiting at the hostess stand with two of my friends and he was talking to one of the guys in his group nearby.

It was the first time anyone called me "shorty." My friends had to translate it for me
Amy and Benny - TTC #1

---------------------------------------------------
Always missing our precious baby boy
Lost on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 12w5d
We will forever carry you in our hearts
---------------------------------------------------
"Deus da mihi castitatem et continentiam. Sed noli modo."
December 11th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Super Mommy
I met Kenny Chesney, JoDee Messena, George Strait all in one day. We went to Strait Fest in Chicago, it was an all day outside concert. Lots of Fun. Don't know how many people know it but Kenny Chesney is actually pretty short. Super nice though.

Coming soon...... Linkin Archer
December 11th, 2008, 11:08 AM
mommy-heather's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
havent met any one famous

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search