Do you think it would help if I got on BC for a month to regulate my cycle?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Regular
I have been trying to get pregnant for 4 months now. I have tried tracking my cycle and all that stuff. The thing is my cycle runs long and varies. I have been off the Pill for 6 months now and I have had anywhere from a 31-36 day cycle. I am now on day 39 of my recent cycle. I am pretty much 100% certain I am not pregnant. All test read BFN. If I do start in the next couple days that means my cycles have been ranging from 31 days to 40+ days in the past 6 months. Do you think I should get on the pill for a cycle to try get my cycle back on a regular track? I am going to ask the doc about this but I just want your opinions and want to know if anyone's doctor's have ever suggested this. I trust my doc but I am a skeptic and always need many other opinions.
December 11th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know... it seems to me going on BCP would only make it so you had to re-regulate again coming off of it. I'd say a lot of the reason you are having irregular cycles now is most likely due to coming off BCP in the first place since it can take months to totally clear it all out of your system.

December 11th, 2008, 06:07 PM
AmandaR
We tried for 4 cycles, went back on the pill for one, got pregnant the next one. Good luck!!
December 11th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Regular
did you have irregular cycles? just wondering what made you go back on the pill for that month?
Quote:
We tried for 4 cycles, went back on the pill for one, got pregnant the next one. Good luck!![/b]
December 11th, 2008, 06:15 PM
AmandaR
Quote:
did you have irregular cycles? just wondering what made you go back on the pill for that month?
Quote:
We tried for 4 cycles, went back on the pill for one, got pregnant the next one. Good luck!![/b]
[/b]

Well, my cycles were 28-32 days, but I was getting super frustrated with TTC. We decided to quit for a while, but when we went to Jamaica I just tossed my BCP because I didn't want to go through customs and have to show all my stuff to them. And that is how Reagan was conceived.
December 12th, 2008, 03:54 AM
If you were irregular before BCP then you most likely will be when you stop taking them. I have very long and irregular period. My cycles range anywhere from 38-42 days. Sometimes I'll go for two months or more. I have to take Prometrium to jump start my period.
December 12th, 2008, 04:47 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 12th, 2008, 08:17 AM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
Let me know what your doctor says!

I was regular 28-30 day cycles before going on BC and no that i have been off 7 months i have still not regulated out. I now have 35-40+ cycles. I was thinking about going back on the pill if my body doesnt regulate soon. So let me know what your doctor suggests : )

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

December 12th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to wanting_more2_love
Quote:
Let me know what your doctor says!

I was regular 28-30 day cycles before going on BC and no that i have been off 7 months i have still not regulated out. I now have 35-40+ cycles. I was thinking about going back on the pill if my body doesnt regulate soon. So let me know what your doctor suggests : )[/b]

my gyno told me it is false that the pill makes your periods reg.... while your on the pill your uterus sheds nut you dont O.. thats why many woman while on the pill there periods will come every 28 days but when your off the pill the 1st cycle your normal.. then you can go wacky again......

good luck!!

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to amylou378
Quote:
my gyno told me it is false that the pill makes your periods reg.... while your on the pill your uterus sheds nut you dont O.. thats why many woman while on the pill there periods will come every 28 days but when your off the pill the 1st cycle your normal.. then you can go wacky again......[/b]

The "period" you get while on BCP's isn't really a regular period, but more of a shedding due to the withdrawl of hormones. Sooo, the 1st period is just like your pill ones...you stop the pills and you bleed. It's the ones AFTER that truly tell what's going on. I don't know if taking BCP's for one month would help, but maybe so, depnding on which ones you took. But your body would have to re-adjust all over agin Talk to your doc and see what they think. Maybe there's another option. It took awhile for my body to adjust...I quit my pack about a week in, got preggo right away, but miscarried. AFter that I waited to try again until I had a few cycles.
Good Luck whatever you decide!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search