I can't escape pregnant women!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2008, 09:05 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I am laying in bed trying to fall asleep. I can't stop thinking about TTC and getting that BFP so I decided to watch the late airing on one of our local stations of deal or no deal. Would you believe every single one of the 22 ladies they have opening cases tonight is pregnant!!!

Maybe it's a sign that my turn is coming soon?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 11th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Super Mommy
That's too funny. I tend to notice every pregnant woman when I'm TTC, but 22 at once? That must have been quite a sight!

Mom to Ashley, Jacob, Joe, Jace and missing Jaren, born still on 6/11/09

excited to welcome our girls born 4/30/2010 !!!

December 11th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I guess it's been that way all week. It's the half hour show on CW. This is baby on board week, so every contestant and every woman opening cases is expecting.

December 11th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Xx3Xy0's Avatar Veteran
Steph, its a conspiracy! heheheh Just because you're paranoid does NOT mean they aren't out to get you muwahahaha

Personally, I'm waiting to see the bellies start exploding around here. All our guys just got back from Iraq and that ALWAYS causes a baby boom. They're out to get me too (personally, I'm hoping to beat them to it).

My Blog
</div>
December 12th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Jaz.MomTo1's Avatar hoping & praying
Hopefully you can make 23 Steph! lol... GOOD LUCK DEAR!

+
Interracial Love
December 12th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Steph, its a conspiracy! heheheh Just because you're paranoid does NOT mean they aren't out to get you muwahahaha

Personally, I'm waiting to see the bellies start exploding around here. All our guys just got back from Iraq and that ALWAYS causes a baby boom. They're out to get me too (personally, I'm hoping to beat them to it).[/b]
I'm not crazy, and I KNOW they are out to get me! The voices in my head told me so!

December 12th, 2008, 10:21 AM
amychristian's Avatar TTC Board Co-Host
There's a strong age correlation between me and the women with whom I work/play. This year alone I've seen two babies born, and five women get pregnant. It's crazy. Only ONE of them was actually TTC. The rest were just NT/NP. Sheesh. And they all make it sound so la-dee-da like, "Yeah, we didn't mean to get pregnant, but we're okay with having a baby I guess."

It just bothers me when women take it for granted. I mean, I know it's very hard on some women/couples to deal with being pregnant, and I don't always know their circumstances, but it makes me a little upset. I'm happy for them and all, but they all seem so casual about it, like it's just no big deal. Ugh.
Amy and Benny - TTC #1

---------------------------------------------------
Always missing our precious baby boy
Lost on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 12w5d
We will forever carry you in our hearts
"Deus da mihi castitatem et continentiam. Sed noli modo."
December 12th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I know. In the time I've been TTC both of my siblings and DH's brother have all had babies. I have way to many cousins to count who have had babies. There are even people on their second pregnancy already! The meteorologist on the local news is pregnant, the pharmacist at the local pharmacy JUST gave birth. All three local stores have pregnant women working there....it's just crazy. They are literally everywhere I go, so why can't it happen to me?

December 12th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Quote:
I know. In the time I've been TTC both of my siblings and DH's brother have all had babies. I have way to many cousins to count who have had babies. There are even people on their second pregnancy already! The meteorologist on the local news is pregnant, the pharmacist at the local pharmacy JUST gave birth. All three local stores have pregnant women working there....it's just crazy. They are literally everywhere I go, so why can't it happen to me? [/b]
We had a huge baby boom at my church the past few months. We've had about 8 women give birth over the last 5 r 6 months..and a couple of my friends just found out they are PG.......

to everyone here!

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

December 12th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
that happens to us all the time. I went back home for thanksgiving and i didn't even want to think about TTC or babies in general. I was doing pretty good until back to back shows were about a baby. My wife and kids, the day thought his daughter was pregnant. The is CSI ( or some show like it) it was about a pregnant girl found dead.

December 12th, 2008, 11:20 AM
amychristian's Avatar TTC Board Co-Host
A few years back, the New England Journal of Medicine published a study that theorized that there was a correlation between economic recession/depression and the birth of male babies.

Now, bear in mind this was a correlational study, not a causation study, meaning that it could very well be a coincidence that more boys are born when countries are experiencing economic hardship, drought, famine, etc. Obviously it would be nearly impossible to show causality in such a study (as nobody could actually prove that bad economies make baby boys). But there is definitely a strong correlation.

They used data going back as far as the 1800s and used the example of the Irish potato famine as an example, and the Great Depression as another. The numbers didn't change that much (it was maybe more like 53/47) but it did show an increase in the number of males born during that time. Some of the hypothesis they explored were things like womens' diets during times of economic downturn.

Anyway, it was an interesting study, and definitely a good theory. So I am wondering, with this upcoming recession, if we're going to see more baby boys born? So far, of the pregnant women I know, 5 of the 7 babies to have been born or are about to be born are boys. That could, however, also be coincidence
Amy and Benny - TTC #1

Always missing our precious baby boy
Lost on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 12w5d
We will forever carry you in our hearts
"Deus da mihi castitatem et continentiam. Sed noli modo."
December 12th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
same here girl.. and even more so that almost all our friends are preggo.. .it is insane.. it is going to be our turn this month..

December 12th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amy - I love all your research - so interesting!!!

I know what you all mean about preggo women being around you - everywhere! One of my friends has said, "If my husband just looks at me a certain day, I end up being pregnant"! Another one of my friends missed one month of BCP and bam - she was pregnant with her 2nd. Two other friends got pregnant the very first month they tried...

And it doesn't help that I'm starting to get a bunch of Christmas cards with photos of my friend's newborn babies on them... oh well, I am truly happy for all of them... and my time will come

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
December 12th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i know exactly what yall are giong through.. my sister in law..(bless her heart) is having female probs. she has a 3 yar old and a five month old and every time i say that i m taking a test she runs to her house like she has a stock load of them and takes one too and somehow, someway she always thinks they are + so i have to break it to her that they are not. and then i just keep my - to myself cause its my turn to be pregnant and get all the thunder

so on the fifth of this month when she knew i was supposed to O.. she come in holding her five month old and tells me she has some permamnt news that she wasnt going to tell me until my brother found out.. well she started talking about how she didnt want another baby and that things like this just "seem to happen to her" like its magic.. and by that time i already knwew what she was talking about.. so i was steamed cause i dont want to be prego with her. this is going to be my last prego when it happens so i want to be the ony one in the family.. so she said she had a pos dollar tree test and i told her to show me (i knew it was an evap)and i itold her but she refused to listen so she said she was going to the clinic to get another .. and she was neg.. not prego to finalize that argumetn.. and now she wants to be prego along with me... uggg. its my turn.. so just so yo know its not just you ladies.. and i hope all of you understand the world is going to be pregnant every day. there was 142 babies born at our local hospital this week.. please smile... im trying to fight off all of the negative pg tests too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search