Friday Five

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2008, 07:51 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
What is your favorite thing about your in-laws?
What bugs you the most about your in-laws?
Are you closer to your Father-in-law or Mother-in-law?
Do your in-laws get along with your parents?
What is the sweetest thing your in-laws have done for you?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 12th, 2008, 08:01 AM
graysaturday

They are very supportive and tell DH how smart he is all the time. I think he always gets a good boost of self confidence when we see them

It will always bother me that they didn't come to our wedding. Long story short. I wanted to get married in the Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada, and they wanted me to get married in Cancun at their favorite resort. I guess I called their bluff about them not coming if it wasn't where they wanted, and they didn't come. (To make a longer story even shorter - there is no more drama, everyone moved on, and there are no hard feelings, believe it or not)

They are both very different people. I think my FIL loves when I come because I listen to his stories and I like to talk about intellectual things with him. But I can also turn on the gossipy side of me, and get along quite well with my MIL.

They have never met. My mother is the only one who cannot get over the wedding thing, and she says horrible things about my IL's all the time and she is really jealous that we live closer to them. I worry about they day we have a baby because they might meet.. disaster!

[b]What is the sweetest thing your in-laws have done for you?

They don't have a lot of money, but they try to send us a 500 dollar check on our anniversary every year for us to save towards a down payment on a condo, or for a baby!
[/quote]
December 12th, 2008, 08:19 AM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
The cook really good and we are alway invited to bbq's

MIL can be very needy. Thinks we should do everything that she asks when she asks. FIL is a male shovonist. He things Men are the dominat sex and thats that. StepMIL is awesome. I love her.

StepMIL - She is the greatest and is never judgemental. Always makes me feel welcome and involved.

For the most part. My Mom and Stepmom get a little irritated at FIL because he thinks he knows everything, but for the most part everyone is cordial

FIL gave a very sweet toast at the wedding.

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

December 12th, 2008, 08:34 AM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your favorite thing about your in-laws? My FIL is a very sweet man and my MIL does whatever she can to help... and they don't live close enough for us to have to deal with them all the time LOL

What bugs you the most about your in-laws? They question our decisions all the time... well that is more my MIL. She is a big hippy and doesn't understand why we want to settle down and have a family so young (24,25). When DH told her we were moving in together she said that he shouldn't be settling down yet and should be exploring lots of people . She is a sweet woman but we live our lives very differently then her. We don't believe in drugs, or smoking or underage drinking and we believe in being strict, structured parents. Not overly strict but kids should not be allowed to pretty much do what they want.

Are you closer to your Father-in-law or Mother-in-law? MIL just because we are physically closer. She lives 3 hours away where my FIL lives like 15.

Do your in-laws get along with your parents? Yes.. everyone is nice to each other but my mom's life style is simular to ours. My MIL thinks we are all Yuppies.

What is the sweetest thing your in-laws have done for you? My MIL helped us move.. twice and my FIL bought us a lawn tractor because we couldn't afford one and were cutting all of our acres with a walk behind. It would take me a week of mowing two hours a day to get it all done.
December 12th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to wanting_more2_love

What is your favorite thing about your in-laws? Nothing I hate them all
What bugs you the most about your in-laws? they love hubbys ex wife..
Are you closer to your Father-in-law or Mother-in-law? neither
Do your in-laws get along with your parents? nope my MIL hates my mom because i talk to my mom
What is the sweetest thing your in-laws have done for you? nothing.. they have never even got my som a toy or anything ad he will be 10 months on the 19th.... but yet they have no problem getting hubbys ex wifes kids things.. and come to find out the oldests isnt hubbys.. and MIL gets gifts for all of them

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 09:30 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
They are very supportive and they make sure we get some time for just us once a month by keeping my kids overnight.
They let BIL and his wife run over them all the time, and then MIL vents to us about it. I feel caught in the middle.
Are you closer to your Father-in-law or Mother-in-law? MIL I guess. Just because I can talk to her about things I can't talk to FIL about just because I don't want to discuss fertility or my cycle with him!
Do your in-laws get along with your parents?]
They have never met them. My father passed away two years ago, and my mother......even I don't get along with her.
Immediately accepting my children and myself as family.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 12th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc

What is your favorite thing about your in-laws? The fact that the nearest ones are 3000 miles away

What bugs you the most about your in-laws? The fact that they don't like me because I'm not mexican yet they ##### about people not wanting them in this country. They treat me like dirt even though I love dh more life.

Are you closer to your Father-in-law or Mother-in-law? neither they have never met me and my husband plans to keep it that way becaus eof the rest of his family

Do your in-laws get along with your parents? Nope most likely never will

What is the sweetest thing your in-laws have done for you? Absolutely nothing

Wow that was great to get that all out.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

December 12th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to wanting_more2_love
Quote:
What is your favorite thing about your in-laws? The fact that the nearest ones are 3000 miles away

What bugs you the most about your in-laws? The fact that they don't like me because I'm not mexican yet they ##### about people not wanting them in this country. They treat me like dirt even though I love dh more life.

Are you closer to your Father-in-law or Mother-in-law? neither they have never met me and my husband plans to keep it that way becaus eof the rest of his family

Do your in-laws get along with your parents? Nope most likely never will

What is the sweetest thing your in-laws have done for you? Absolutely nothing

Wow that was great to get that all out.[/b]

im sorry were like in the same boat.. well my hubby if half Mexican and i got a little in me.. and my mil ya know go pregnant by a Mexican and hates them.. how crazy.. anyways sorry your in laws are BEEPS!!! too

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Brennaluet's Avatar Super Mommy
They are nice and like me. FIL owns pasture for horses, lol.

FIL stares at my boobs (thank god DH's mother raised him!) and MIL says "Isn't that funny?" after almost every sentance! Usually it is NOT something funny. I just grin and nod, a lot.

MIL, DH says to watch out for evil step mom, so we don't spend much time with FIL.

Yes, although they don't spend a lot of time together since they live 600+ miles apart.

MIL had a huge stack of wedding books (she purchased before DH was even planning on proposing) and now has a huge box of childrens toys for the unconceived grandchildren. She doesn't even know we are TTC or even thinking about it. lol!

I guess I am lucky to have nice in-laws. I am sorry that there are so many crappy ones out there too!

Edited to fix typos!

December 12th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is your favorite thing about your in-laws? That they live far enough away that they don't come visit often!

What bugs you the most about your in-laws? The way they live and how they raise their children. (lets just say that they don't really see anything wrong with smoking pot and drinking infront of the kids)

Are you closer to your Father-in-law or Mother-in-law? I never met my FIL because he died when my Dh was young.

Do your in-laws get along with your parents? Yeah, well enough.

What is the sweetest thing your in-laws have done for you? Hmm....they do care about my Ds and send him gifts.... does that count?

December 12th, 2008, 12:50 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
If we need help with something they do whatever they can to help.

MIL (actually his grandma) calls us all the time or bangs on the door for silly things.

I'm not really sure. We get along well with the FIL since we'll talk/eat dinner/then seperate for the evening.

I guess. They act okay around each other but have only met a few times.

Letting us move back without having to pay for anything until we are back on our feet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search