I think I might stop trying...

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I might stop temping and ttc after I O this time and just not pay any attention to what is happening. I am just kind of bummed with the whole TTC thing... I wonder if I am ever going to get pregnant or not. It isn't really isn't up to me anyway. It is ok if I don't get pregnant. I mean it is sad, but maybe it just isn't meant to be. If it is going to happen, it will happen when it is supposed to happen.

December 12th, 2008, 07:15 AM
graysaturday
Quote:
I think I might stop temping and ttc after I O this time and just not pay any attention to what is happening. I am just kind of bummed with the whole TTC thing... I wonder if I am ever going to get pregnant or not. It isn't really isn't up to me anyway. It is ok if I don't get pregnant. I mean it is sad, but maybe it just isn't meant to be. If it is going to happen, it will happen when it is supposed to happen.[/b]

I can see how this easily turns to a real stress for many women. I thought when I was ready to TTC I would just have sex, and boom there you go. I feel for you though. I can't bring myself to temp because it seems like it's too stressful and I just feel like I am trying too hard. I believe in fate of some sort and I do feel like when it does happen for me, then it will happy and it will be right.

Keep your head up. If all of this trying is stressing you out, maybe taking time off will result in less stress and in the long run, help you out! Take care..
December 12th, 2008, 07:30 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I know how frustrating this can be. Perhaps a small break is what you need. DH and I are debating taking a break in a few months if Clomid doesn't work for us.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 12th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. The only reason I am temping is because I don't know when I going to have AF... I liked knowing. But this is just too much. I just don't want to keep buying tests if I haven't had a period in 2 months.... I am on medication that you aren't supposed to take while pregnant... oh well. I just don't want the disappointment. DH said it really doesn't matter since it isn't going to happen (getting pregnant). He said that like last month. It has been 7 months. I know that really isn't that long for some, but I am just tired of it. DH said we will just adopt a baby. So I have just been praying that God uses me to glorify Him and that is it. If that means no baby then that is okay with me.
December 12th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to wanting_more2_love
that might be a good idea while i was trying for DS.... i was always testing for o and i was always stressed and only had 4 cycles in a yr.. but one night me and hubby got in a fight then i just wanted to BD so bad.. and we did and i got pregnant.. good luck on whatever you deside

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
oh hon.. I am so sorry.. ttc does get frustrating.. expensive.. stressful.. especially when we have these crazy cycles.. I hope all works out for you.. and believe me the whole med thing sucks

December 12th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Newbies
I really do feel you all i have been trying since the beginning of this year and no results. I have faith in God and i no it will happen when the time is right but its so depressing when you know you want a baby and everyone around you is geting pregnant with no problem. It is very stressful and heart breaking every month when you get your af. This is something that i really want and im at the point that where i just want to give up and if it happens it happens.
December 12th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to wanting_more2_love
well i thought hey im young and what not i can have a baby and tried for just a little over a yr. i think a week after i had been trying a yr that is when i got a bfp. but i only got 4 cycles that whole yr.... maybe talk to your doctor about it... have you yet??

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have talked to my doctor sort of.

This spring I was doing great with my diseases (interstitial cysitis, vulvodynia, and pelvic floor dysfunction (the too tight version)), so I told him I wanted to get pregnant and we weaned me off some of the drugs that were most harmful but the others could wait until after I was pregnant. Well that turned into being a major flare of the diseases that lasted months. When it came back it came back with avengence. I was in tears on the way to taking DH and myself to work. DH told me I should go to the the hospital but I just didn't want to. They would make me feel like a drug seeker which I am not. I bit my arm to refer the pain etc. I still had the bite marks on my arm when the Dr office opened. Well needless to say I am back on all my meds plus vicodin (and phenergan) for the breakthrough pain that I just can't deal with.

The DR had told me before that I got off bcp that I might need meds to help me ovulate since I never was regular before. Well I just did the wait and see and my longest cycle was 47 days but I have had some that have been like 28 so I was ovulating. He is the one that told me to temp. I don't want to take clomid because it can cause a flare and I don't want anymore pain than I already have. I am doing good now but it took almost 6 months to get me back to where I am at. That doesn't mean I don't have pain, it just means it isn't constantly at an 6 or more out of 10.

There is another thing that is upsetting. I can't see that doctor after I get pregnant. I have to see an OB and a different doctor to treat me. It is something with his insurance because he was an OB/Gyn but doesn't do the OB anymore he specializes in a handful of diseases that effect women. I don't want to go back to my old DRs office because the office staff was mean to me when I really needed to be treated and my doctor and NP weren't in. They told me they couldn't do anything, just to go to the ER. I didn't want to go because I didn't want to be in pain in the ER waiting when they wouldn't even do anything anyways. So I will have to go to a different set to get some instills or I might just have someone show me how to self cath and just do it myself.

The OB I talked to about it said they could use Femara instead of Clomid because of the shorter half-life, therefore less potential for a flare. I just don't know about that. I mean the maker of the drug warns that it isn't to be used for infertility. Oh well. I don't know.

I would love to have a baby so much. DH has been wanting one for a long time, but we were waiting until he was finished with school. He finished in May. It is just upsetting/depressing when you are trying month after month with no avail. I know it is all in God's time and not mine. So we will just have to be patient.
December 12th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think we have all been there. You have to do what is best for your morale. Good luck with everything!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search