charting

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to wanting_more2_love
ok so i mean i know about temping.
but i never way up the same time each day..... hufff

what other charting can i do?? i try to keep an eye on cm but i guess its not o'ing cm because ill see it then 2-3weeks later still no AF..

i see some of you with sites that you chart on.. have you ever used it before and did it help??

af was due on the 6th but still not here... on the 6th too....

and my gyno said try for 3 months if not come back and ill put you on clomid.. and i dont know alot about that so im not use i want to try it... and i would feel like crap if i tried and it dint work..

so anything you can tell me about charting or anything else you've used.. thanks!!

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Super Mommy
any info at all would be nice..

i just am not sure about clomid.. even though i could have the twins ive always wanted.. its my turn and hubbys turn in the genes to have twins

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 09:33 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I use fertility friend Charting site

I really recommend trying to temp, I set a clock and wake up to temp early then go back to sleep until I have to get up. It just helps you understand your cycle so much more! You can also chart your cervical mucus and your cervical position.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 12th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Super Mommy
ok.

i have a question when should i start temping?? an what kind of thermometer should i use.. i got on you put in your mouth for my son when he was born would that work??

and say i want to temp at 6am everyday but on monday i got to bed at 10pm and wake up at 6am and temp but on tes i go to bed at 2am and wake up at 6am and temp would that mess it up?? i do kind of try to watch my cervix.. like today is the 1st day ever ive notice that my cervix is soooo high i ant reach it thats the only difference ive noticed..

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Brennaluet's Avatar Super Mommy
I use a digital thermometer. It remembers your last temp taken, so you can temp then go back to sleep and come back and see what the temp was later. I have the same problem temping too. I never get up at the same time. You can chart using your cervical postion, shape and firmness.

If you are really interested in learning more about charting, I reccommend reading "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" (http://www.ovusoft.com/). It explains the whole cycle to you and how to chart and figure out what is normal for you.

I also chart on Fertility Friend.

December 12th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Super Mommy
well.. im on that site now tryin to figure it out.. so please pray for me LOL

LOL i might be there a while...

when should i start temping though?

my period was due the 6th..

still not here

so when should i start temping??

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 09:54 AM
They say to start temping right after your period ends, since that is the beginning of your cycle, but that's not really an option for you. I would get a blood test to see why your period is a month late, unless that is normal for you. If it is normal, I would start temping now to get in the habit, so you are ready when you actually need to temp. Also, I wouldn't bother temping while AF is visiting, unless you are the kind who will get out of habit if you quit for a while.

December 12th, 2008, 09:55 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
You can start temping at any time, but you need to make sure you tell the software when the first day of your last menstrual cycle was so that they can get your cycle days calculated right. You can get a basal body thermometer at WalMart for less than $10. That is recommended, but honestly, I use a digital from Dollar General just because they are cheaper, and I've gone through SEVERAL in the past year and a half. (My dog eats them.)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
December 12th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Super Mommy
ok thanks..

well i have another question..

something else new just happened..

i went to the bathroom and checked my cervix as i do everyday a noon.. and i can feel it now but when i touched it.. it dint hurt but it felt weird..
like a pressure kind of thing but i wasnt applying any pressure....

i think i really broken.. i know its not an infection.. i had test done a couple of weeks ago..

umm where do i get the blood test done i mean where do i need to call.. i had a pap done on the 9th and my gyno knew i was late and just asked if i took a test and i said yes on the 6th and she said ok.... and did the pap..... im sorry i dont know much about this when i was ttc my son i never knew there was all of this you could do..

thanks for all of you being so nice to me and helpful!! :hugs:

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Super Mommy
grr im so confused i just clicked on the chart for today and did everything i can

i dont get it...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/i...hp?interface=0

all the colors confuse me.... will it get easier... or what..

yes i am a blonde lol

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Lol, ignore all the colors for now. Just input information, it gets less confusing eventually.

Talk to your general practitioner or family doctor about getting a blood test to see if you are pg. Is your AF normally on time?

December 12th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Super Mommy
well its never been on time but i was on the pill for like 6 months on oct i stopped taking it.. and then in nov it was on 5 days late.. now tomorrow it will be a week late.... ok thanks.... i hope i can get it..

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Your late AF may just be your body adjusting to life without BC. I would start temping, and see how you feel.

December 12th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Super Mommy
ok thanks!!

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Super Mommy
also it says its my cycle day 8.... and my period was on the 6th when i dint have one.. can i change this or will it change on its own when i do get my period??

I love my hubby
I love my son

Pink Or Blue
We Welcome You
Trying To Conceive #2

December 12th, 2008, 10:49 AM
amychristian's Avatar TTC Board Co-Host
http://www.fertilityfriend.com is the most commonly used on this board. I agree with the PPs that you really only need to enter data. Ignore all of the bells and whistles. Start a new cycle the first day of your last period and go from there. If you look at my chart (linked below in my signature) you can see that I basically just enter temps, times, and CM/AF. That's all you really need.

I have a BD Basal Body Thermometer. You can pick them up at any drug store, or buy one online. I purchased mine on Amazon for $11. It works great. I take it every morning at 7 A.M. sharp (except for one of those days, I think). I check CM but not religiously. On my home chart I have a place to note a lot more information (OPK test results, etc).

I also agree that the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" is an excellent guide to monitoring your cycles.

Here is a link to the thermometer I use: http://www.amazon.com/BD-524560-Basal-Digi...7690&sr=8-1

And this is a link for the book: http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-Your-F...7734&sr=8-1

Good luck!
Amy and Benny - TTC #1

---------------------------------------------------
Always missing our precious baby boy
Lost on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 12w5d
We will forever carry you in our hearts
---------------------------------------------------
"Deus da mihi castitatem et continentiam. Sed noli modo."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search