Major Temp Dip and BFN

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2008, 07:51 AM
amychristian's Avatar TTC Board Co-Host
Well, DH and I just returned from his parents where we spent Christmas. I've been temping all this month and it looks like a very normal biphasic chart and I am currently 12 DPO. However, I went from 98.8 to 98.1 in one day . I also took a FRER -- stark white BFN. I actually had a very strong feeling this wasn't our month. When we got pregnant last month I knew almost immediately. This month, however, I felt nothing. I don't know what went wrong. Everything was right, conditions were optimal. I just don't know how it didn't happen!

I've also had the worst cold over the last few days. I have not recorded a fever on my regular thermometer, though, so I don't think it has affected my BBT. I am pretty sure that AF is just a couple of days away. The 2ww was much easier this time around because I was confident that this just wasn't our month.

We had a nice holiday, though. DHs parents are very enthusiastic about becoming grandparents. I guess we'll just have to keep trying.

I hope you all enjoyed your holiday!

Amy
Amy and Benny - TTC #1

---------------------------------------------------
Always missing our precious baby boy
Lost on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 12w5d
We will forever carry you in our hearts
"Deus da mihi castitatem et continentiam. Sed noli modo."
December 27th, 2008, 08:01 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry, hon! Maybe next month will be yours. I have had several months where I knew it wasn't it for me. I have also had several months where everything seemed to be perfect and the timing was perfect....but always BFN.

Your month will come soon, and you are definitely not out until the witch arrives. Maybe your dip was an implantation dip. If you are just now implanting, then there is no way you would get a positive yet.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
December 27th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Quote:
I am sorry, hon! Maybe next month will be yours. I have had several months where I knew it wasn't it for me. I have also had several months where everything seemed to be perfect and the timing was perfect....but always BFN.

Your month will come soon, and you are definitely not out until the witch arrives. Maybe your dip was an implantation dip. If you are just now implanting, then there is no way you would get a positive yet.[/b]
Thanks! It's actually very bizarre: last month we were only able to BD on CD 11 (DH went out of town for a couple of weeks thereafter) and we managed to get pregnant. This month, however, we BD'd on all of my fertile days and nothing happened! Last month we got our BFP at 11 DPO. It's so weird how that happens. I know there's always a chance, like you said, but I'm going with my gut on this one. I can't explain it. Once you've experienced the implantation cramping and weird little early PG symptoms, it's very easy to notice when you're not feeling it.

Oh well... on to January!
Amy and Benny - TTC #1

December 27th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
I wish you the best sweety! I really hope you get your BFP soon!
December 27th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry... I had basically the same thing happen, pnly I hoped before that it was my month. But by 12 dpo I was sure it wasn't.

December 27th, 2008, 04:20 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

December 28th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Yup, AF came today, right on time, as scheduled. That means my last cycle was 28 days exactly (down to the hour, I'm not kidding), with CD 16 as the date of ovulation. So I guess my LP is only 12 days.

I figured, but still... pooh pooh.

Also -- I hate when it happens while you're in a public place. DH and I went outlet shopping today to get some new bedding and silverware, and then we went grocery shopping. Well, without TMI, you all know that "feeling" when AF comes. I told DH I had to use the ladies room, and sure enough, there she was. I wasn't nearly as upset this time because I didn't get any BFPs so we were able to bypass the chemical pregnancy problem this cycle. I told him, and he shrugged and said, "I thought so, too." We're still optimistic and we're still trying. That first month was seriously the worst. I think we're used to it now. Eventually it'll get old, and we'll get impatient, but we're confident.

Well, on to January! That's be our third month TTC. Come on baby!
Amy and Benny - TTC #1

December 28th, 2008, 05:53 PM
starfish's Avatar Super Mommy
Wishing you a cramp-free AF and all the best for January!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search