1st time OPK'ing and wondering...

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2008, 08:58 PM
starfish's Avatar Super Mommy
When do you guys usually start testing for O? Right after AF is cleared away or a few days before your predicted O date.. or...? I've read the instructions, and, sorry in advance if this is a really stupid question lol. I'm just curious how soon is too soon to start testing? Thanks!!
December 27th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
It depends on how long your cycles are.Mine are 27-28 days so I started testing on the 9th and got a positive on CD14.The instructions give you a recommened start time.I also tested twice daily.Once at 11:00am and then at 3:00pm,I tested early on CD14 and got a positive at 10:30am.Good Luck

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

December 27th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you have average cycles I would suggest CD10... but if you tend to have irregular ones it can be a bit harder... especially if they are erratically irregular and varying in length. I would then start a few days before your earliest known O day and be prepared to keep going til you get your positive... followed by O of course since if you were irregular you might find that you will get more than one positive surge before its the real one.

December 28th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Thanks so much ladies! My cycles are fairly regular but I had one really long cycle that was like 39 days and one short one that was about 16 days. The short one was so much fun and on our honeymoon. grrr!

FF is predicting O CD14-16 and CD11-13 for possible fertile days. mymonthlycycles is saying O on CD15 and CD12-14 for fertile days. OY!! So, I'll start testing around CD 10 or 11? Twice a day? I'll be using Answer brand. Watch me not be able to read it right lol. I also bought pre-conceive for this cycle! Thanks again, you two!!
December 28th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I start around CD10 but I dont start recording them on my chart until I get watery CM.

December 28th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I use the Answer brand dip sticks(20 pk) and had to post my OPK be/c I wasn't sure if it was a positive...the ladies here are great and we love looking at them so post them if your not sure.Good Luck and KUP

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

December 28th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
I started testing right after AF left sinceI Had NO idea when I would O since I am recovering from a miscarriage.. I will probably wait until 10DPO next month, unless I am pregnant this month (crossing fingers)
December 28th, 2008, 11:42 AM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wait until around CD 10. When it gets close to O time, I like to test twice a day.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
December 28th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
i buy the internet cheapies and usually start on CD 9. I test once a day until i start getting lots of CM then i test 2x a day until O. Of course this month has been crazy since I STILL haven't O'ed.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

December 28th, 2008, 02:09 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I start around cd10 and I also test twice a day - at 10a and 10p (very 12 hours). I also do not use FMU since FMU has a tendancy to have a concentrated amount of LH which could screw up testing.
December 28th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I started on cd 10 and tested at 2 pm.. but then switched to testing with 2nd morning urine

December 28th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Thank you all so much for all the tips! I'll will KUP on my 1st attempts this month and probably will post pics for examination hehe! Very good to know not to use FMU and to test twice daily.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search