Trying to Conceive Twins?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
So, I know multiples are not common. I know there's lots of things that have to be accounted for to make twins even remotely possible. But, say your mother had twins and there's twins that run amongst aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Also, say you're on the "higher" end of the BMI scale and are in your early 30's (all things that seem to contribute to twins). Has there been anything tried and turned out successful to up the odds a tad more for twins?

We're not dead set on having twins but after some thought, we've figured if the situation is already in that favour, why not go ahead and give it a little extra push and see what happens.

So yeah... My brothers are fraternal twins. Mom says a bunch of cousins on her line have also had or been twins. I'm 30 and have a high BMI. Other than eating yams and drinking lots of milk (which I do anyway... LOVE baked sweet potatoes and LOVE LOVE LOVE cheese and milk) has anyone heard of other things one can do?

January 18th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Wow... guess that's a no, huh? :-P

January 18th, 2009, 01:52 PM
StephanyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know of anything that increases your chances of having twins except it running in your family. It runs in mine as well so we might be lucky. I'd even like twins, but not counting on it. Just 1 healthy baby would be wonderful. I was a twin, my twin died at 8 wks when my mom was pregnant, there are 3 sets on my mom's side, and my aunt had two sets that she miscarried. I know there are fertility drugs that increase your chances, but why go through that when you can get pregnant on your own. GL!!

Steph & Jon 2.5yrs <3
Mom to Natalie 2.5 yrs

January 18th, 2009, 01:59 PM
We feel pretty much the same way... twins would be cool, but we'd be just as happy with one baby. I know about the meds but I doubt I'll be going that route, just yet. I quit my Met a few months ago due to the side effects.

Either way, We've been trying for just under a year, now so maybe we'll get lucky soon.

January 18th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I hope it comes naturally for you.I think it would be neat to have twins.My cousins are twins and my niece has twins.Alot of work...but worth it,all children are worth it.Hoping you get twins

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search