What do you think.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Super Mommy
Ok...I am CD 14 and waiting to O, I think. I don't know. This is my first real cycle tracking and after stopping IUD. So, I am mostly monitoring cm and cervix position and OPKs. So, FF has me down for the average 28 day cycle so according to them I should have O'd today. Well, on Sunday I had massive amts of cream CM...white, creamy, not stretchy...yuck! Anyway, I started OPKs on Mon and have had neg every day so far. On Mon my CM felt fairly dry...tues it was somewhat watery, I think and today I have no idea. I guess my question is what is the difference between watery and eggwhite. I mean, I know what an eggwhite looks like, but eggwhites are very thick. And, I don't really think eggwhites are too much like semen...semen is wetter, right? Not watery, but wetter. But, FF says eggwhite is like semen. I am just so confused! I don't know what I am having today. I am having lots of CM...most of which is quite stretchy...although it won't stretch all the way between my thumb and forefinger. But, I have trouble saying it is thick like eggwhites...it is thinner and wetter, more like I think semen is. So, is that watery CM or eggwhite CM? I took an OPK at about 11am this morning and it was almost as dark as control...but not quite. I took one around 5:30 and it was barely visible. So, am I still getting close to ovulating? What are all of your experiences? Just wondering....

January 28th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Jen84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there!! I had quite the same questions a few weeks ago, having a very hard time telling apart my CM! I am going to give you a VERY tmi answer here too.

A friend of mine who had more experience checking CM than I did, said... I dont know if this has ever happened to you but it has happened to me a couple of times.. when you go to wipe after going #2 and there is almost a string of CM sort of hanging down from your vagina, THAT is your eggwhite CM.

From what I had read on identifying my EWCM, I had never really had the clear stretchy CM so I thought I wasn't producing it. But everyones is going to be a bit different in color, and all that, so if you can remember back to when you were like GROSS when you went to wipe yourself after going #2, that is what YOUR body's eggwhite CM looks like, so just be on the lookout for that. The other ones are a little easier to look for after you know this. For it to be watery, it will be ALMOST like the eggwhite, except it won't hang down nearly as much if at all, and if you actually get your fingers in it, it won't stretch as much without breaking, but it will look the most like eggwhite CM. Creamy CM is the one that I tend to have before and after O, its just the white lotiony stuff that is very creamy and kind of dry and thick. Dry CM means you didn't have any, obviously, and sticky seems to be more 'clear' than creamy CM, but it has no stretch to it. I don't really get sticky CM too much, mostly mine is either eggwhite, watery, or creamy.

As far as telling semen from CM, that can be a little more difficult. I know this is gross but if I am really at a loss as to which it is, I give it a sniff!! His sperm and my CM smell different. I dont know if this is the case for everyone. BUT if you are at a loss as to which CM it is, and you are in your fertile period like you are this week, go ahead and record eggwhite or watery, whichever you think is more appropriate. There is a chance it could just be his sperm, but better to be safe than sorry.

Oh and as far as the OPK's go, I dont think Ive ever seen anyone's progress each test line getting darker and darker until O. The most common is that it will get almost positive, then go away, then get almost positive again, then positive. But again the fluctuations change for everyone, so take note of what YOUR body does this month incase you dont get your BFP, then you will be a little more informed about how your body works with OPK's for next cycle!! I know somewhere around in the picture place forum, there are OPK progressions that show it getting darker, lighter, then super dark positive. Good luck!

Cycle #21
Roses are red,
so is your period.
Happy Valentine's Day girls!
..::Journal::...................:ictures::..

lilygirl <3
</div>
January 29th, 2009, 07:52 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
For some people their EWCM is watery... I believe ff counts watery cm as fertile cm too.

January 29th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Watery and Egg white Cm is both considered very fertile.. for me watery has no color and doesnt stretch but is a lot like water!

the creamy stuff is usually white to the texture and very smooth.

The sticky CM can be white as well but kind of sticky to the touch!
January 29th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Super Mommy
OK...this may make me look really stupid, but can you have more than one kind of CM at a time? Yesterday I felt like I had a lot of creamy again...some watery and every once in awhile would get a clump of the really stretchy stuff...

January 29th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Regular
I've also heard that watery and EW are equally fertile...its the creamy, white and/or sticky that is not. I find its easy to think of it that way. The advice about number 2 and EWCM is good though! Gross and true

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search