yay! potty time!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Veteran
our little boy who will be turning 2 in april pee'd and pooped on the potty twice yesterday! the first time we asked if he had to pee shortly after drinking a cup of juice and he said yes and went no problem! the second time he came up to me and said "poop momma" (which he has been saying for about 2 months, usually AFTER doing the deed in his diaper) so i took him to the potty and he went! I'm so excited!!! i've heard potty training horror stories and had all intentions of waiting till i knew he was ready. i wasnt expecting that to be till this summer/fall i cant believe how much aware he is already!

January 29th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to caz4ny
YAY!!!!!! Potty training is a very exciting time. I have gove through it with 3 girls, and each one was differant. Just remember that you should keep praising him when he goes and not pressure him if he has accidents. I hope he does really well and is fully trained soon. YAY FOR POTTYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie

January 29th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Veteran
I am supper excited for him! He is obsessed with Diego, so we got him the diego potty and it came with stickers. so right after we got it for him we started just having him sit on it *dressed* and would give him a sticker for sitting there. now he gets one for going potty. I'm so excited for him and for us, he's growing way too fast!!! time to make him a big brother!! :biggrin:

January 29th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
lcuky you! My son will be 3 in June and has NO interest what so ever. Granted, he is Autistic, but the kid could walk around in poop for a week and not care one bit...UGH! Good luck to you I hope he keeps up the good work!!!!!

TTC#4 since 09/13 Anovulatory cycles 9/13-3/14 Clomid 50mg- No O
Current cycle 3/19/14 Clomid 100mg 3-7 Waiting to O
January 29th, 2009, 05:53 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's funny... yesterday my daughter pooped on the potty for the first time too! It IS exciting!! I hope your son continues to do well!!!

January 29th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Veteran
Good luck to you as well!!

January 29th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
YAY! How exciting!!! Potty training is fun!
January 29th, 2009, 06:31 AM
StephanyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, already!!?? That's great! Nat didn't start till a month or so after she turned 2!

Steph & Jon 2.5yrs <3
Mom to Natalie 2.5 yrs

January 29th, 2009, 07:45 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
awesome!

My little one is showing interest, but being we are in the cloth diaper love I am not ready!

She has to wait at least 6 more months! LOL

January 29th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ironic you posted this today....

My son is just about 27 months old now and really has no interest in the potty. Early on he used it a few times, but lost interest and now if we ask him if he'd like to use the potty when we know he is pooping he will run away or start yelling. But last night I decided to try a different approach on a whim and told him "potty then bedtime" and he went along with it fairly easy. We have been working on "this then that" type stuff. Anyway he sat there for a long time and nothing (normally he wont even sit there. We knew he had to pee and that if he didn't he would be up in middle of the night to pee. So finally when I was about to give up he PEED! He was so proud of himself lol, and he of course got his "big boy sticker". We've also been telling him that once he uses the potty all the time he gets to wear big boy underwear hoping that will help.

Well this morning I decided to try it again and said "potty then poptarts and juice" and he went again! It will be harder throughout the day since I don't know when he has to pee, but even if we can get him doing it at night and in the morning I figure he will get more used to it and eventually let me know when he has to. I know better than to push him lol.

Yay for our big little boys!

January 29th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Veteran
thats a great idea, sort of add it to their little routine! congrats that he is going along with it so easily! this being my first child i will take any help/hints i can get!
i'm just excited that my DS is fairly interested in it. and the fact that he gets stickers seems to be enough for him for now.

January 29th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Super Mommy
How exciting is that! We started potty training DD at 11mths (my mom swears my sister was fully potty trained by her first birthday) At first DD did really well and i was sure by 18mths well we had to take an unexpected 5 day trip (funeral) and then moved all in abuot 2weeks time and it all went down hill from there.

We try to sit on the potty every 2 hours (of course I work full time so I hope Babysitter is doing this also). Also if we are having no luck we put her hand in a cup of warm water or pour cold water on her belly...this seems to work. Now she is associating going potty with sitting on the potty. We are finally moving forward. Also we have been bargaining with her. We tell her do you want a cup of milk? Okay then we have to sit on the potty first. This also seems to help.

Coming soon...... Linkin Archer
January 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
DD was 3 before she did anything but that was because my mom traumatized her by flushing a fish down the toilet in front of her and she was obsessed with Nemo at the time. Yay for you!!!! Just think diapers are almost done for now.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

January 29th, 2009, 11:00 AM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search