cameras o/t

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
Im wondering how many megapixels your camera is!?!?!?! And can you get a clear pic of like a test on it??
Ive been trying to take a pic of my OPK. I have a 12 megapixel camera. It takes AWESOME pics of everything else, but I swear I cant get barely anything to show up when im taking a pic of the test. Ugh. I get a better pic on my 2mp camera on my phone! lol

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 2/1/15!

January 29th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have both a 5D mark II (21 MP) DSLR and a 30D (8 MP) DSLR. Both are great cameras and I can get clear pics of a test. It doesn't however have anything to do with MP. To get a clear shot of a test you would just need a camera that can focus on the test at a close enough distance to see it clearly, and to have proper lighting to get it bright enough and in good enough focus (more light allows for a faster shutter speed which is needed for focus).

January 29th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Momma K's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Momma K
I have a Canon EOS 10.1 MP and an old Fuji 4 MP camera. Both take equally good pictures. The number of pixels really has more to do with how large of a print size you can get out of the picture than focus. The larger the pixels, the larger a print because you have more pixels per inch....meaning better quality/clarity at larger sizes.

If you are having trouble taking pics of your tests...1st make sure you have enough light. Then, make sure you are indeed focusing on the test. (Sometimes the camera can get confused.) Finally, it may help to use the macro mode on your camera (supposing it has one. Usually noted with a flower.) You will be able to get closer to focus on the object in this mode. Most of the OPK/HPT focus issues are due to the fact that you have the camera too close to the object so it is never able to acheive focus.

HTH
~K
January 29th, 2009, 02:12 PM
LoopyLoos's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LoopyLoos Send a message via MSN to LoopyLoos
I have 2 tips, take a picture in the microwave on normal mode, or take it with marco on in good light. Don't ask me how i know this stuff i jus do lol xx

BTW, mine is a 12 MP samsung camera, takes good pictures but nothing special, would love to get a decent camera and learn how to take amazing shots!
January 30th, 2009, 07:01 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
the MP doesn't matter much. Sounds like you need to use macro mode and try to take it in the window so you aren't using flash and getting a bounce.

January 30th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
I have a cannon ESO Xsi 12.1mp I love it! I also have a 5.5 MP P&S.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search