Appointment

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2005, 11:34 AM
cab8971's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to cab8971
Well, I finally called my Dr. about my long cycles per everyones advice here. I'm on CD99 today. I talked to a different nurse this time and she was so nice to me. I asked if I could get a referral to an OB/GYN because my cycles are VERY long, usually 3-5 months, and there must be something wrong. She agreed that I need to be seen. I left the part out about us wanting to get pregnant because I didn't want her to tell me the same thing the other nurse did: "until you've been trying a year we can't help you."

My appointment is March 10. They had openings before that but with my work schedule and meetings, etc that is the soonest that worked for me.

I know a ton of other people have problems with this too and I shouldn't feel bad about it but I can't help it. I am 23 years old, I shouldn't have to be seeing a Dr. for something that nature should be taking care of. I feel like a huge let down to my DH (though he says I'm not, but it's his job to say that too). I just need to have a good cry I think and then I'll feel better.

No one knows we're TTC so I can't take to anyone about this. I'm just so frustrated. Not with the fact that I'm not pregnant yet, we haven't been trying that long at all, but with the fact that I have to get help with something like this. Basically I feel "broken" for lack of a better word.

Sorry this is so long, I need to vent and this is a lot for me to process right now. Thanks for listening

<span style="colorurple">DH (25)
Me (24)
TTC #1 since October 2004
Diagnosed w/Glucose Intolerance 4/1/05
Metformin 1500 mg
Normal HSG 6/11/05
Normal SA 6/17/05
February 2006 - 50mg Clomid

Furbabies: Allie, Sneakers, Taz, Misty and Cammy

February 10th, 2005, 11:43 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes things get frustrating and it is hard to keep being strong. I have been frustrated the past day or so but I know that if it's meant to happen then it will. Keep your head up!!! There are plenty of options that one will work for you two.

Good luck and baby dust!!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

February 10th, 2005, 11:58 AM
KitKat
OK, here is my advice. Since you are going to a new doctor anyhow....
why not tell him that you HAVE been TTC for over a year???

Unless he's got a hidden camera in the house, there is no way for him
to know otherwise, right?

Good luck and let us know what the good doc says...
February 10th, 2005, 12:04 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I`m sorry you are feeling that way.{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}.......I hope you get the answers you need from your new OB GYN. I just switched doctors myself. My new doctor is so much better then my last one.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU WITH TTC!

February 10th, 2005, 12:13 PM
cab8971's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to cab8971
I'm going to my regular Dr. because I haven't gotten the referral to a new one yet. But that is a good idea if I had upped and switched Dr's! The nurse that told me a month and a half ago that they couldn't help me for a year was through my primary Dr. I just lucked out and talked to someone different today and was smart enough to edit what I told her lol I can't tell my Dr I've been trying for a year because it's right in my chart when I went on BCP and when I went off. Oh well, I'll see what she has to say because regardless if it's been a year or not she needs to fix or have someone help me fix my periods because I know it's not good for me to go that long without one.

<span style="colorurple">DH (25)
Me (24)
TTC #1 since October 2004
Diagnosed w/Glucose Intolerance 4/1/05
Metformin 1500 mg
Normal HSG 6/11/05
Normal SA 6/17/05
February 2006 - 50mg Clomid

Furbabies: Allie, Sneakers, Taz, Misty and Cammy

February 10th, 2005, 02:42 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
Hahahahaha thats a good idea, to say you've been TTC a year... They don't know... Hahaha.. I think its stupid . Before you can get any help you have to be TTC a year.. Why don't they go ahead and give you medicine to help you get pregnant when you see them the first time? Its our money! Its not like its going to hurt us, since they give it out after a year! And why don't they go ahead and give medicine out to strengthen your uterus, or chances at a healthy pregnancy, before you have a m/c... I'll never understand things like that!
February 10th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Karma143's Avatar Veteran
Well I know how you feel about the whole being "broken" thing. I too am young (24) and have had several problems. I had cervical cancer about 4 years ago. It took me almost 2 years of treatments every 2 weeks and as soon as that was over I was treated with Endometreosis. I had surgery a little over a year ago for that & was on menapausal medication for about 9 months, to top it off I have a tipped uterues. HA! It is very hard to deal with and can get very depressing excpecially if you are like so many others here who want nothing more than to be pg. It is okay to feel the way you do. I too have gone through the emotions and still do. It does get very discouraging I would see your new doctor & see what they say. It could be anything. But the good news is I know plenty of people that have had the odds stacked against them and still came out on top. Just try to keep positive & I have a feeling I will be around here for a while & I'm sure everyone else is with me when I say I'll be here if you want to talk.
February 10th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Regardless of the whole TTC thing, they should try to at least figure out why your cycles are so long. That in itself is a problem. So that first nurse saying you need to wait a year is unacceptable. I would definitely tell them you are trying to get pregnant....it might put a push on them to test for more things. Hope this helps some. I was having irregular periods and my OB was great in helping me
February 10th, 2005, 08:22 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
First of all, (((Hugs))). Please don't be so hard on yourself.

I would tell this doctor you have been trying for a year. They don't check your history and they sure aren't in your bedroom. Every ob I have seen has been different. They just ask me my history. I was seen the very next day based on my history and I am a new patient. (ETA: Not for TTC issues though) Just tell them what they want to hear to make you a priority patient.

March 15 is not too far out. I know it probably seems like forever. I hope you get some answers soon.

(((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 15th, 2005, 08:40 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I am sorry I haven't been around to reply earlier.

I agree, tell this new Dr that you have been ttc longer, really, what can it hurt?

Best of luck with the new Dr, changing Drs can be crappy sometimes, but sometimes it is really great too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search