questions

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Kyra656's Avatar Super Mommy
I just had my period start on the 30 and was over 4 days later...now here it is the 11th and I am about to ovulate. Might be TMI but I checked my CM and its like egg whites and also took an LH test and I am surging. I am concerned becuase I remember reading somewhere that your luteal phase has to be at least 10 days to support a pregnancy...perhaps I am confusing when this phase is before or after period..if anyone could shed some light would appreciate it thanks again ladies

Also I posted awhile on this board thinking I was PG...but it turned out I was just overally hopeful (just wanted to update that)

February 11th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Super Mommy
I'm jumping over from the June DDC. I read your post and wanted to just give you advice on what my doctor told me when I was trying to conceive. I'm not sure how long you have been trying or what your circumstances are, but my DH and I were trying for a few months and then took my doctor's advice and finally got pregnant.

Here is how is how it goes - The day you start you period count to the 8th day. Once you hit the 8th day, try every other night till your 14th day. So for example - you would try to conceive the 8th, 10th, 12th and 14th day of your cycle. This will ensure that you get within the timeframe of ovulation.

Good Luck!

February 11th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Kyra656's Avatar Super Mommy
TY for your response! I will take that advice...I was just worried it was too soon after my period to ovulate and perhaps something was wrong with me..lol

also..is it bad to try everyday during the fertile days? just wondering why many do every other day

February 11th, 2005, 04:37 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Your luteal phase is the second half of your cycle, not the first half so you are in great shape! You can have a short follicular phase (first half) the second half is what you were concerned about. It sounds like you are doing everything right and this is an ideal time. So I hope to see you on the November Due Date Club soon!!!!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 15th, 2005, 08:51 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
Yep, luteal phase is time from ovulation to beginning of next cycle (next period).

Sounds very promising, and there is no harm in BDing every day if you don't have any sperm motility issues. An egg lasts 24 hours, so go catch it!

have fun! and I hope to be on November board with you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search