No AF and BFN

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2005, 10:54 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was supposed to start on Wed (9th) and I didn't so the next morning I took a test and it was BFN. It is 3 days late and I haven't taken another test yet. My cycles have been normal but I was on the patch until the 9th of last month (Jan). Could that have thrown off my cycle and caused me not to ovulate or could I have ovulated late in my cycle to cause me to skip my period but too soon for a BFP??

Angie

=May '05 and '11

February 11th, 2005, 11:47 AM
cab8971's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to cab8971
I don't know anything about the patch, but if it's anything like the BCP it might be possible that it will just take some time to get it out of your system. Then again, I might be way off too? Just my thoughts is all Hopefully that's not the case though and it's just too early to get that BFP. Try testing in a few days if AF hasn't showed.

<span style="colorurple">DH (25)
Me (24)
TTC #1 since October 2004
Diagnosed w/Glucose Intolerance 4/1/05
Metformin 1500 mg
Normal HSG 6/11/05
Normal SA 6/17/05
February 2006 - 50mg Clomid

Furbabies: Allie, Sneakers, Taz, Misty and Cammy

February 11th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Carah062105's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say test in a few days. Anything can happen coming off birth control. Your body might just need a few months to get on track, so you can determine how long your cycles are, etc. Let us know in a few days if you test again, hopefully you get a BFP and AF stays away!!

Thanks Melissa (Alison's Mommy) for my awesome blinkies!!!

February 11th, 2005, 05:47 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I have never really used hormonal birth control so I am not really sure on this. But I do know that my cycle gets off sometimes when I am stressed. I hope that you get a BFP soon. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 12th, 2005, 11:34 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tested again on Sat and it was still BFN. I think that I didn't ovulate this month. So we will have to try again next month. The only bad part is now I don't know when I'm supposed to ovualte and my hubby is going to be gone all next week!!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

February 12th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Karma143's Avatar Veteran
I know everyone is probably getting tired of me talking about the new Ovulite thing but I just think it's great. You should try to get one. There is a coupon for $5 off if you search for it on Google. You can use it any day and as much as you want. It will tell you exactly when you are ovulating. The first day I noticed it was not that clear but the second day It was crystal clear. It kind of helps take some of the guess work out. Good Luck to you! I hope that this is your month!
February 15th, 2005, 10:06 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
Birth control 'dictates' when your period will be so although you may have always had predictable cycles, it can all change afterwards. I would wait a cycle or two before you know for certain. Best of luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search