Is it possible...

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello,

Is it possible to have two possitive pregnancy tests and not be pregnant?

The reason i ask is that even though ive not used birth control for a few years ive never fallen pregnant, (my partner and i have an 11 year old daughter)

Anyway the last time i had sex was the beginning of december, I had what i thought was a very light period about ten days later and ive had no periods but no sex since.. Anyway on friday (11th feb) i remembered i had a pregnancy test shoved away so i used it..OMG it was positive..I phoned the doctor and got an appointment for later that day, he did a second test and that to was positive..

I nearly fell off the chair.. Is it possible that these tests could be wrong ? The only time i could have fallen pregnant was early december and ive had a bleed since then. Im now awaiting a midwife to call and book me in for a date scan, but i'd really appreciate peoples opinions.

Thanks... Karen xx

i meant to say also, ive had no symptoms, no nausea, or anything, though my boobs the aurolas are quite bumpy..

do you think i could be? or is it a wrong result with the pregnancy tests?

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
February 13th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think 2 pregnancy tests would be wrong. I went in for my confirmation of pgncy and the Dr asked if I took any HPT's. I said yes 2 and got positives, he said well I think you are pregnant then!

I think you experienced implantation bleeding which can be similar to a very light period.

Shall we say congrats? Are you happy about it?

February 13th, 2005, 02:51 PM
If its true, then Im delighted..Ive waited such a long time for this and have been dissapointed so many times, though ive never had a positive result before..

I pray that its true, I'd be heartbroken if im not, I think that once ive had a scan i'll allow it to finally sink in.

February 13th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well then...CONGRATS!

I think it is true... HPT's are rarely false positives, usually they are F neg's as people tend to test too early or don't build enough HCG in their body when they test.

Let us know how you u/s goes, then you can head over to the Sept thread, (I think it would be September) or if it's October you can join us in the October club!

Congrats again!

February 13th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks Kelly, God please let it be true..

Though i worked it out that it would an end of August baby.. My daughter is delighted, as is my hubby

I just have this fear that i'll go for a scan and its all been a mistake..I hope that the scan date comes through soon.

Thanks again for the congratulations Kelly, Same to you!

February 13th, 2005, 03:49 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I don't think that the tests were wrong. I also think its very possible to have bleeding while you are pregnant. I had bleeding with my first two pregnancies. With Jeremy it could have easily been mistaken for a period. I think CONGRATULATIONS are in order! I am sure this is a shock.

Congrats and I hope to see you over on the Due Date Clubs!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 13th, 2005, 04:34 PM
AmberC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberC
I would say your pregnant! Congratulations!

</div>
February 14th, 2005, 04:31 AM
WannaBaby's Avatar Veteran
Congratulations!

Deb & Danny</font>

February 14th, 2005, 04:40 AM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
I would say Congrats are needed!!!! Hope everything goes good for you at your next DA! CONRAGTULATIONS!!!!!

February 14th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Veteran
Congratulations!! When do you go for your ultrasound?

February 14th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Congratulations!!!! I agree light, menstrual like bleeding does happen. My mother always had it with all of us, though I never did. But women do. Hard to believe isn't it!!!!! I took 6 when I found I was pregnant with the boys! I had a long history of infertility and it just happened out of the blue. Its also possible not to have strong symptoms. Can't wait for your first ultrasound!!!
February 14th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Carah062105's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!! Please keep us posted as to what the doctors have to say!

Thanks Melissa (Alison's Mommy) for my awesome blinkies!!!

February 14th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks very much everyone, Your advice is very much appriciated, Im really not taking it in still, I sometimes get what feels like a very light period cramp, is this normal ?

Its 12 years since i was first pregnant and to be honest i cant remember what it felt like.

My midwife will phone sometime in the next week and arrange to come to my house, from there she'll arange a scan, I think that will be when it sinks in, When i see my baby..if theres one in there, on the screen.

I know it seems im being very negative, but this is a huge shock, weve been trying for years, I really was beginning to think one of us was infertile. Before christmas i sort of went off sex, Hence this being unbelevable.

If its true, I'll drive you all nuts on here im sure, posting stupid questions! I'll keep you all upto date , as soon as i hear something i'll let you know.

thanks for your support ladies, youve been very kind

Karen xx

February 15th, 2005, 09:32 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I agree with everyone else, you are likely pregnant, can't see it beign anything else.

Congratulations!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search