I am curious..

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2009, 08:58 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just thinking about it alot when I thought I was preggo, but how quickly do you think you will start getting baby stuff ready to do the room??

With my DS I didn't really start anything until I was past the first trimester.. As soon as I got the crib I had to have it set up and it just made it that much more exciting.. I would just sit and stare at the crib and rub my tummy and talk to my son.. I didn't really get the clothes and stuff washed until closer to his arrival but I loved getting everything set up... So exciting.
April 15th, 2009, 09:03 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I got pregnant my son I started to buy things right away...If we have a baby it will sleep in my room, so i'm not doing a nursery or anything...Not till we move anyway.

April 15th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I think with both of my i was in my 2nd trimester before I started doing anything to the room. But I always bought stuff non-stop for the babies.
April 15th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto what Megan said. I will probably buy more things, especially if it turns out to be a girl, but I have most of what I need already and will just have to pull it out of storage and put it back together. But the crib is still set up in our room so that is where the baby will be. We don't have an extra room in our house for another nursery.

For my son I was super excited and went all out on the nursery.

April 15th, 2009, 10:05 AM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with all 3 f my pregancies i starting buying the day I found out. This time because of my loss I will not buy until the second trimester.
April 15th, 2009, 10:29 AM
HuskerMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I waited until the 2nd trimester to buy some blankets, etc, and I waited until my big u/s to buy big things. I think our nursery was set up right around 25 weeks...
April 15th, 2009, 10:50 AM
LivingAsSara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good question! I think I'd buy *something* the day I got a BFP but would probably wait to do the majority of stuff in the 2nd trimester. I really don't know!

April 15th, 2009, 11:30 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
Our baby will be in our room with us and I won't buy anything bedding or crib related until 2nd trimester...other stuff I will prob start getting though as soon as we hear heartbeat!
April 15th, 2009, 12:03 PM
AmandaHugNKiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first two kids (now 14 and 11), money was extreeeeeeeeeemely short and so I could only buy things as and when it became financially possible. If I manage to get pregnant now, I'm pretty comfortable financially and have a sneaking suspicion I might start buying things as soon as I find out!

I know it's 'risky' but I don't think I'll be able to help myself. I'll just hold off on buying anything substantial like the cot or pushchair until I'm out of the 1st tri.
April 15th, 2009, 12:55 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Well i've already gotten a lot of things since I was financially able to at the time. But for the crib and the big stuff i'll wait until 2nd trimester or hope I get it at the baby shower.

April 15th, 2009, 02:08 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I already have a lot of the things I need from my first pregnancy (with DD) so probably won't buy much at all. With my 2nd pregnancy I started to set up the nursery during the first trimester and got extremely upset when I would see it all after my m/c. So my next pregnancy, I will not be buying or setting up the nursery until after the 1st trimester is over. Too much heartbreak!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 15th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
DH and I are in a 1 bedroom apartment and probably won't move into a 2 bedroom until the baby is 6 months old or so. Until then we'll just be decorating a corner of our bedroom =) I'm not sure about buying stuff and setting things up... I'm just not sure what to expect from a baby shower, ya know? I figure I'll just cover my bases and try to buy samples of things from all age groups (up to a year, since by then I should easily be providing income again), so that way I'm not just covering my bases for the first 3 months. I definitely want to get some of those letters that spell out baby's name to put over the crib, but we won't do that until after the little one is born, in case we change our mind at the last minute about a name.

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

April 16th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i think i will do the same thing and start setting up the room. I have a neutral pooh bedding. I think i will wait to paint it all until I am past the three month mark.

April 16th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WIth my son, we pretty much waited til I was around 25 weeks to get the nursery furniture. And we didn't get any of the decor until after my baby shower...which was when I was about 33 weeks. My mom didn't want us to buy ANYTHING until after the baby shower, haha. But, it'll probably be different next time around since they'll be so close in age. We'll probably start buying things for the nursery as soon as we find out the sex.

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
April 16th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually start buying baby furniture after first trimester. Then begin buying clothing around 5th month and your right it just makes you feel great and excited.

April 16th, 2009, 07:22 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Just before or after they are born. I've gotten so slow about it. Well with Zach he was a 35 weeker so totally taken off guard.

April 16th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Super Mommy
We're moving in July so I wouldn't do anything until then.

April 16th, 2009, 08:38 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Will try not to get anything until second trimester, because I couldn't imagine having a m/s and having to look at a crib or stack of baby clothes every day.
April 16th, 2009, 08:56 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingAsSara View Post
Good question! I think I'd buy *something* the day I got a BFP but would probably wait to do the majority of stuff in the 2nd trimester. I really don't know!
I feel exactly this way too! Buy one thing the day I found out and then the majority in the 2nd trimester!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
April 16th, 2009, 09:14 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Probably around the 2nd trimester. we have mostly everything from xavier, so ill only have to buy some new blankets, bottles, and mattress....and of course new clothes if it would be a girl

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search