LOL I got my hubby into it I think...

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2009, 07:30 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
I was telling him what I know about temping and all that business and how it is all technical so I have not started it yet etc...and didn't know if I would. He was like "well why didn't you start it from the day you stopped taking the pill so you could start seeing your patterns right away?" LMFAO So yeah if it doesn't happen right away this first month I am gonna be a super newbie charter on FF hahahaha!
April 16th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Prettymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's cute!

April 16th, 2009, 07:37 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^^if i dont get pregnant this month I am going to start charting too....lol....i cant just "let things go naturally" i want another baby bad! hahaha

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

April 16th, 2009, 07:39 AM
LOL well i dunno how much I will get into it as it confuses the heck out of me but guess it will be neat to see the ups and downs of my temp hahaha...you do just use a normal one you put in mouth or ear right? I mean call me naive but I always used to think you put the thermometer up your hoo ha....
April 16th, 2009, 07:42 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still trying to be patient and see what happens without temping.... I think I will wait another 2 or 3 cycles before temping. Sounds like a huge amount of work! I never get up at the same time etc..... good luck!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
April 16th, 2009, 07:42 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hahahahaha...!!! thats great. i never even read about charting before, but i am going to figure it out....we can "pop our charting cherries" together! hahahahahaha

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

April 16th, 2009, 07:51 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only do the CM.. I haven't started temping cause my son still wakes up quiet a bit and I dont get a solid 5 hours of uninterupted sleep.. SO that would be difficult on my part... SO yeah I don't know if I would do that.. OPK sticks are my last resort..
April 16th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Prettymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, you can't use a regular thermometer. It has to be a Basal Body Thermometer. You can get it at Wal-mart or probably any drug store. It costs about $8.

April 16th, 2009, 08:09 AM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think oral is better than the ear. Some people do it up their "hoo haas" but not me. If you do get confused just ask most of us will offer our opinions on your chart.
April 16th, 2009, 08:23 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny View Post
LOL well i dunno how much I will get into it as it confuses the heck out of me but guess it will be neat to see the ups and downs of my temp hahaha...you do just use a normal one you put in mouth or ear right? I mean call me naive but I always used to think you put the thermometer up your hoo ha....
It is really confusing in the beginning, but once you get the hang of it....you can start to get addicted to it. You will need to get a BBT thermometer (pretty inexpensive at walmart) where they get quicker readings than a regular thermometer and are a lot more accurate than an ear thermometer. There are 2 kinds of BBT thermometers - one goes only one decimal place and the other goes 2 decimal places. Either will work. You can use it either orally or vaginally - just make sure you do it the same way every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldovey83 View Post
I only do the CM.. I haven't started temping cause my son still wakes up quiet a bit and I dont get a solid 5 hours of uninterupted sleep.. SO that would be difficult on my part... SO yeah I don't know if I would do that.. OPK sticks are my last resort..
I have read that you can go as little as 3 hours of uninterupted sleep - which is good for me as my 2 year old still wakes up in the middle of the night to go to potty. If I do not think that I will get 3 more hours of sleep after getting up with her, I will just go ahead and temp anyway and note why I took it early. It isn't the most accurate, but it still gives you a general idea of what your temp would have done that day.

Fertility Friend offers a free online course that goes over all the basics of charting. It is 20 lessons long and lasts 20 days - 1 lesson a day. You can easily finish each lesson in 5-10 minutes (it all depends on how much you study each lesson). I learned A LOT from doing the online course and highly reccomend it to anyone new to charting. And don't forget that we are all here to help you learn and figure out what is going on too!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 16th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Wow thanks for all the great info and yup just saw that FF offers that course so I will sign up to do along with my first month of charting! Is there any particular time they suggest to start(during CD1 or wait until after period is done etc)? Thanks!
April 16th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Wow thanks for all the great info and yup just saw that FF offers that course so I will sign up to do along with my first month of charting! Is there any particular time they suggest to start(during CD1 or wait until after period is done etc)? Thanks!
April 16th, 2009, 01:51 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would start charting the 1st day of your period if you are going to take the online course. That way you can get a good jump start on the course before the really important days around O get there. You can see in the lesson rundown below that they don't even cover BBT until lesson 7 and 8. JMO.

This is a rundown of the lessons (I have them all saved in my email for easy reference!):
• Lesson 1: The Fertile Window
• Lesson 2: Charting Essentials
• Lesson 3: Your Cycle Phases
• Lesson 4: Your Hormones and Your Fertility Signals
• Lesson 5: All about Cervical Fluid
• Lesson 6: How to Observe, Chart, and Record Your Cervical Fluid
• Lesson 7: All about Basal Body Temperature (BBT)
• Lesson 8: How to Take and Record your basal body temperature (BBT)
• Lesson 9: Cervix Position, Optional Fertility Sign
• Lesson 10: Devices and Tests for Measuring Fertility Status: Fertility Monitors, OPKs, Saliva Microscopes
• Lesson 11: Additional Possible Fertility Signs
• Lesson 12: All about Ovulation
• Lesson 13: Interpreting your Chart
• Lesson 14: Chart Patterns: The “Ideal” Chart
• Lesson 15: Chart Variations
• Lesson 16: Chart Variations: Illustrations
• Lesson 17: Pregnancy Patterns: Identifying Signs of Pregnancy on your Chart
• Lesson 18: Advanced Conception Tools to Maximize Your Conception Chances
• Lesson 19: Keeping Track, Staying in Charge and Managing your Cycles
• Lesson 20: Supporting Each Other: Sharing the Trying to Conceive Journey

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; April 16th, 2009 at 01:53 PM.
April 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM
jaypbee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i charted when we were ttc #1 and i'm charting now. i LOVE it. i learned so much about my body/cycle by doing it. i temp orally, but do know girls who temp vaginally. if you are a "mouth breather", temping vaginally is more accurate. i think you'll love charting and be amazed at how much you'll take away from it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search