I hate CM!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok seriously though I hate how hard it can be to define which CM you are having on any particular day. I have been doing this for a long time and know what they are so you'd think I could figure it out, but there are so many times that I just have no clue what I should call it.

Today is one of those days. It (for lack of a better word) looks and seems "boogery". Like a clear glob, that has some stretch, but not thinned out like I know EWCM should/would be. And it obviously isn't creamy, or plain watery. So really that doesn't leave much but sticky, which is what you should get when you aren't near O, which hopefully I am lol. Beyond the "globs" though there wasn't much underlying CM. So I just recorded as sticky.

I have to wonder if it was actually semen messing it up, but I didn't have a cup of water handy to test out whether it sank or floated lol. Anyway I just hate how confusing it can be at times, and that is partially why I just opt not to check it most cycles. But I also can't convince myself that checking it each day, sometimes more than once a day, isn't interfering with the semen that I hope is there waiting for its turn to get to the egg. Since I only BD every other day I feel like maybe I am pulling it out with the CM on my cervix. Silly maybe, but you all know how it is rofl.

Anyway, I am debating whether or not I should record CM this cycle again or not. I might just check my cervix but not pull any CM out to examine. Its much easier to record CP anyway rofl. Or maybe I will only record EWCM when I know it is there since that is hard to miss lol, and just leave out the others.

I also noticed today again (seems like every cycle now) that I have multiple little bumps on the outside of my cervix again. I know it is probably nothing, but I always feel a little nervous about them.

April 16th, 2009, 03:45 PM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I am really new to it and it is confusing as hell!! I am sure semen messes mine up... or whatever. It's all very annoying. I haven't actually been checking right on my cervix.... just a little way up - which probably explains why i have always really only had one type - creamy. Sigh.

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
April 16th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Well I am really new to it and it is confusing as hell!! I am sure semen messes mine up... or whatever. It's all very annoying. I haven't actually been checking right on my cervix.... just a little way up - which probably explains why i have always really only had one type - creamy. Sigh.

April 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM

Wow - triple post - sorry.

April 16th, 2009, 04:01 PM
jaypbee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i am totally fascinated by what our bodies do (or should do) to gear up for ovulation, conception, etc. i learned so much when i charted w/ ds. i, however, am totally squeamish about internal checks. lol. luckily, i get enough on the tp when i wipe to be able to record it!

April 16th, 2009, 04:29 PM
It doesn't bother me to check internally, and that is good because I don't get a clear idea of what type it is on the tp.

April 16th, 2009, 04:57 PM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
Times when i have kinda checked mine i just insert a finger a little bit to see what kind is nearest opening.....I mean it should be the same all the way up then aye? I just squirm when i think about touching my actual cervix ooofffff....and I am in no way prudish it just gives me the same feeling of when I had to wear contacts for the first time and I was grossed out by touching my eyeball hahaha
April 16th, 2009, 07:39 PM
kins's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alicia, bumps are okay if they are not too yellow or too red. sorry TMI, I have those frequently, and my aunt who happens to be ob told me its because of some minor hormonal changes.
April 16th, 2009, 07:40 PM
*wishing4athirdbub*'s Avatar Super Mommy
I used to check CM very regularly, like twice a day, but it was so different every day and didnt really match what my chart was saying. I got frustrated with it! I also used to check CP every day but then i noticed even if my CP was high, i could start AF half an hour later and its moved right down in that time!

So im right with ya!! TTC is a very confusing business!

~sarah~

finally pregnant with #3 after 18 months TTC!
April 16th, 2009, 09:24 PM
That is good to know kins. But not sure how I would see them to tell what color they are lol. I can only feel them on the outside tip of my cervix.

April 17th, 2009, 06:41 AM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
I felt bumps on my cervix as well i was kind of concern also... and checking my cervix is a chore all its own. i can never tell what i am feeling i mean u can tell its high when u r sticking your finger up so far to feel it and when i am bding (TMI) but i have an orgasm quicker when my cervix is low as appose to when its high i cant get one to save my life (like last night). My cm was stretchy at some part and creamy at another i dont knwo whats that about i am so cofused by this usually my cm is clear but it was white (prob semen mixed in) and then my temp was majorly high yesterday morning and this morning it dropped really low confused on what that means aye vay why me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look at my chart and please tell me what u think!!!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42644

Last edited by swtneka; April 17th, 2009 at 06:47 AM.
April 17th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I have decided that I am not a fan either.... I had so much of it this cycle which was different so I got my ray of hope and then af shows..lol Cm is tricky

April 17th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I feel you Alicia! So many times I don't know what the heck it is. Like I got a glob this morning but since we BD last night, I was thinking that was it. What is the sink/float thing though? I recorded my as sticky because I think that's what it is...on CD9. Good luck though!!
April 17th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I heard that CM will sink I think it was and maybe semen would dissolve/float. I dunno. I never paid much attention since I knew I would probably never try it rofl.

April 17th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
LOL yeah I don't know if I could do that...LOL
April 17th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
I completely feel your pain.. there are days i have NO idea what to put down as my CM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search