Need your help-don't believe my doctor

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Super Mommy
Okay so some of you may have read my other post but I have been on progesterone and clomid. I saw the doc Wednesday (what I believed to be 10DPO) he didn't even test me for BFP b/c he said my progesterone levels (taken on the 10th - 5DPO) were only 5 and he said they should be atleast 10. He didn't even look at my chart, he just said based on my progesterone levels it was highly unlikely that I was pregnant. Okay fine, I'm okay with that we're on meds and he is going to double the dose.

BUT I keep getting more symptoms possibly IPS but I don't think so. I've been naseaus (sp?) have had cramps, add to that a lower back ache yesterday and now sore boobs today....none of the symptoms have gone away they just keep adding to it.

FF never put in cross hairs so I overrode it based on physical symptoms I believe I O'd on CD16 (Sunday the 5th). Out of curiosity today I deleted the override and FF put cross hairs in for CD20 (Thursday the 9th). I don't know if I believe this b/c our timing is horrible for BDing and doc said I would ovulate 7-10 days after clomid that would be 13 days.

So I guess my question is who do I believe? I took HPTs on Tuesday the 14th - BFN and this am - BFN but that was only 9DPO/4DPo (depending on who I believe) and then again at 12DPO/7DPO (depending on who I believe) with a digi its all I had. What do you think....I'm making myself crazy.

All of this happened with DD also....I was on the meds, my charts didn't look good to anyone and my doc even said "you can take a test if it will make you feel better but you are not pregnant" - I was 2 months pregnant at that point. I keep trying to tell myself they are not pregnancy symptoms just side effects of the meds.

Coming soon...... Linkin Archer
April 17th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Crystal O_o's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's hard to say. Wait it out and see. I didn't get my BFP until 17DPO.

Thank you ~Vicki~ for the wonderful signature.
Check out my etsy store for handmade boutique baby items http://MistyDaysBoutique.etsy.com
April 17th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
well, I would do what you feel is right. go with your intution (sp). good luck

April 17th, 2009, 08:05 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow it is hard to say... I don't temp or anything and I am just starting using OPK's this cycle.. I agree with the other ladies. Hang in there and go on your gut instinct.. Oh and I think your Dr should've tested you regardless.
April 17th, 2009, 08:51 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really know anything about charting, but I would also say go with your gut...good luck!

April 17th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looking at your chart, I have to say, I don't really think you O'd. Although today's temp is finally above the others and so it is quite possible that you O'd yesterday. Which I see you BD'd as well, so you never know you may have a chance!

I would be concerned with your doctor as well. It is not enough to assume you aren't pregnant based on your progesterone levels alone. How hard would it be for them to at least do a test! GEESH!

Of course there is always the chance that your chart is just one of those rare ones that makes no sense at all and you really did O. So with that in mind, I would say it can't hurt to wait it out and trust your gut either. He may have upped your dosage and all but you don't have to take it until you want really. You could always wait it out, and if still not getting a BFP at home, but not af you could lie and say you got one and then maybe they will run a blood test.

April 17th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! Alicia you are right my chart doesn't usually make much sense. I have PCOS and honestly most of the time I think it is a waste of time but I do it hoping that someday someone will be able to make sense of it. LOL! I don't know I guess I should just wait it out for now and see what happens. Thanks for all your advice.

Coming soon...... Linkin Archer
April 17th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Alicia W.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you have PCOS it is most likely that you didn't O then. It doesn't look too different from my many annovulatory cycles. Was this your first round of the clomid? It might just be that you need a larger dosage, or to take it on different days. Or maybe it will just take a round or two to get your body going.

When I took it last time the first month I O'd but not until CD18, and I had taken it days 5-9. The second round I took it days 4-8 hoping to bring O on earlier, but it didn't happen until CD21 that cycle. So the third round I went back to days 5-9 and O'd on CD14, and looking at my chart now it may have even been as early as CD11! That was also my BFP round.

April 17th, 2009, 01:05 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's a tough one!! I think that I am about as stumped as FF is. I tried to compare it to your past cycles, but they all vary so much. I do have to say that I do not agree at all with FF on the chart for your last cycle. A 29 day LP!! I think CD 28 or 29 is more accurate on that chart. Anyway, I think that I would have to agree with Alicia and say you may not have Oed yet or possibly yesterday. As for your dr, I would be a bit concerned. If there is even a chance that you could be pregnant they should have taken a test. I would also say, stick to your gut instinct when it comes to the meds. GL!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i know nothing about charting, but i do know one thing....ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search