Ovulation predictor kits

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2005, 09:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there,

I am a new member. I am trying to conceive number 1 and have no idea what I am doing. I used the ovulation kit this month (this weekend) and both lines have been the same color, the reference line being thinner than the test line. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am trying to figure out if I am ovulating after having cysts, and I am so frustrated. I cannot do the bbt--I always forgot

Any experience that anyone has would be greatly appreciated, I am the first of our friends to do this so I have no one to talk to. Feel free to email me if you want to chat: nckelley04@aol.com.

Thanks for your help!

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
February 22nd, 2005, 03:17 AM
butterfly's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi i used the ovulation kits when i was trying to conceive my son, but i found them a right pain and gave up after a few months (my son is 4 now) i`m trying for my second baby and this is my second month of trying, last month I bought a saliva micro scope from the internet which cost me £17.00 inc postage and this is the first month i`ve been using it i am now approching the middle of my cycle and should be seeing a result from it soon (its called ferning) so we`ll see if it predicts if i`m ovulation or not. I`ve read a bit about it and quite alot of people have used them and said it had great results, it tells you when your about to ovulate and when you are ovulating so gives a greater chance of pin pointing the important time to have sex, where as the ovulation sticks only tell you when you have ovulated so it could be to late as if you time it right with the saliva test you could be having sex before and during your fertile period.
Hope that help a little and best of luck to you.
February 22nd, 2005, 06:11 AM
Veteran
I am recently pregnant (at a little over 6 weeks right now)... When I was done with my period each month we would have sex every 2 to 3 days... I did try one of the ovulation kits but they were a pain... the month I used it it said I was ovulating at about 14 days (my cycle is 28 days)... I only used it one month (not the month I got pregnant)... MOst people say you will ovulate between 10 and 14 days if you have a 28 day cycle... Good Luck and be patient... it will eventually happen... It took us almost a year...
February 22nd, 2005, 01:15 PM
BabyMaybe's Avatar Veteran
Hi Nicole,

My experience with the OPK's haven't gotten me pregnant as of yet, but if you have intercourse within 24 to 36 hours after you see 2 identical lines than you are doing it right. Best of luck to you!
February 22nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MrsFuhrman05 Send a message via Yahoo to MrsFuhrman05
I found that OVULITE(the microscope)helps! I luv it! It's sooo easy to use and 98% accurate!
February 22nd, 2005, 04:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all of your responses, it is so tricky! Who would have thought when you are trying to avoid pregnancy. The lines on the test have been about equal since saturday. Anyone ever have both lines for more than a day? Thanks to everyone and baby dust to all!

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
February 23rd, 2005, 08:57 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by mommy2bstl@Feb 22 2005, 06:17 PM
Thanks for all of your responses, it is so tricky!* Who would have thought when you are trying to avoid pregnancy.* The lines on the test have been about equal since saturday.* Anyone ever have both lines for more than a day?* Thanks to everyone and baby dust to all!

Nicole
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
February 23rd, 2005, 10:02 AM
Send a message via AIM to 3Smiths Send a message via Yahoo to 3Smiths
I am TTC#2 and have been using the clearblue easy fertility monitor, they are expensive but well worth the investment IMO. I have gotten pregnant both times I used it, even though they ended in miscarriages. Its really easy to use and reliable, I've found that my ovulation fluctuates from cd 14-17. Good Luck!
February 24th, 2005, 02:09 AM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Get one of the saliva testers, the kind with just a little lit up microscope that you use to look at your dried spit... It's reusable (costs about $20-30), is very accurate, and I found that there was NO confusion with reading the results.

A tip though, and an IMPORTANT one: If you use one of these, let the saliva dry naturally! Do not blow on it to speed the process up because you will ruin the little fern patterns you are looking for as a sign of ovulation! You get a couple days warning before you ovulate with these too, so you have a chance to BD a day or two before you ovulate, which gives you the best chance for a BFP.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search