Need your help

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Regular
Hi all,
Me and DH are on our 4th month of TTC.... I don't know whats going on with me.....I'm totally stress free. For the past 3 months we had baby danced on all the fertile days, but still we are getting BFN's....

Last time my AF was 15 days late. In the past 3 months AF got quite irregular. Just wondering if something is wrong..

Can you ladies help me as to how to determine the days of baby dancing.....I think we are not doing at the right time....

Thanks all,
Saycheez

<font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="5" color="orange">TTC # 1 !!!!</font>

February 24th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There are several books out there that are helpful and the internet has tons of information. They say around day 14 women ovulate. However, all women are different and that is why charting helps w/knowing your cycle. I ovulate on day 16 a lot of months, but day 14 other months. 2 key things are temperature and your fluids. They say your fluid will become a stretchy eggwhite (fairly clear) the day you ovulate (possibly a 24 hour period). Your temperature (for some women) will go up nearly a degree w/in 24-48 hours of ovulating. It will stay up until 1) the day your period arrives (it will then drop that day) or continue to stay high if you have conceived.

This is just me putting my knowledge in words. Hope it helps. I've been charting/paying attention to my cycle for over a year and the first month we TTC was successful. Some of that comes from genetics but we did have sex when my fluid was very stretch and eggwhitey. Sorry if it's TMI. Good luck to you!!
February 24th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't want my previous post to sound insulting to some of you women who have been trying for a long time. I don't want it to come across that way at all. I was just saying that it helped me knowing my body and reading a lot of information. Baby dust to all!!
February 24th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Veteran
A really great book available is called Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. Definitely charting your temps, checking your cervical mucous and cervical position are key.

Good luck to you!

February 24th, 2005, 11:29 AM
KitKat
Even though the rest of you life may be stress free. You might still have too much baby on the brain. If you are very anxious to conceive, sometimes that will mess with your cycle.

Plus, statistics show that even with a healthy fertile woman and a healthy fertile man - there is only a 20% chance they you will conceive in any given month.
Most healthy couples who are ttc will achieve thier goal within a year.

I feel ridiculous saying "try to be patient" - trust me we all wrestle with that....
but try to at least take comfort from the fact that even very fertile couples have only a 1/5 shot to conceive each month. I doubt you are doing anything wrong. But I do agree with Chandra - try to chart your CM and tempatures (they are suppose to be taken each morning - before you even get out of bed) and try to determine that way what your cycle is.
You don't want to be too concerned over the 1st phase of your cycle. What you want to find out is what your Luteal (second) phase of your cycle is. That is the time between ovulation and your next AF. The internet has a LOT of information on charting/determining your Luteal phase!!!

Good luck and lots of *Baby Dust* - trust me - the baby dust seems to magical
this month!
February 24th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Taking Charge of Your Fertility is great. That's where I got all my information. Good luck. PM if you ever want to talk.

Kit made a great point about the 20% for fertile couples. It takes time; but you've got a great support group here.
February 24th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Regular
Thanks everyone for helping me with your opinions. I accept KitKat's statement that even if stress free, there may be some baby thing in my mind somewhere.

I've read the book Taking charge of your fertility. Actually the first 2 months, I was too much obsessed with gathering info, and tracking down symptoms, but then I suspected that maybe that is the stress that I'm posing on myself. For that reason, I stopped everything and the last month was totally free from everything...But then AF turned on correct day..

One thing I noticed about CM is whenever we babydance, for the next day or two I find egg white CM. Is it possible that the excess DH stuff that comes out, looks like that... .... Because I've seen it other than my fertile days....

This month I'm thinking of buying that saliva monior kit to check when I'm ovulating....Is that helpful..? Have anyone used that and really helped.
Are the results easy to read and reliable..??

<font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="5" color="orange">TTC # 1 !!!!</font>

February 24th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I only have the EGW (you can literally stretch it w/your fingers) one day out of my cycle. As for your DH's leftovers (sense of humor required here) that is normally a little more runny and watery (in my experiences). Any other opinions gals?
February 24th, 2005, 12:49 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My hubby & I are intimate every other day after I come off my period. It has worked for us in the past{ We miscarried though} .

GOOD LUCK TO YOU WITH TTC!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search