Folic Acid

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2005, 06:42 PM
pandyfackler's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to pandyfackler
or does it even matter? i remember when I was breastfeeding Jimi, I was taking fenugreek and one particular brand really worked better than the rest. so, i figure it may be the same w/the effects of folic acid.

this is my first cycle of really charting religiously and i have the kit ready, pre-seed, instead cups (which i really like for AF as well!), OPK's and HPT for the grand finale. I'm so tired of waiting.

spreading the babydust.....
baby #2 due july 10, 2007

February 24th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Mom2_3mb4's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Mom2_3mb4
I go cheap and buy Equate brand of Folic Acid sold by Wal-Mart. I also buy the Equate brand of O-Calcium and Vitamin B.

I also chart, use OPKs and take Vitex, drink Green Tea and use Wild Yam cream.
February 24th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Hmmmm....tell me more of this Wild Yam Cream you speak of... and the Vitex, i've never heard of those.

I just talked to fiance and told him to stop at Walmart and pick up the folic acid and some green tea....thanks for that remider. i had forgotten the green tea!

February 25th, 2005, 03:12 AM
Karma143's Avatar Veteran
I use the store brand. I don't think it really matters if it is the exact mg you are supposed to be getting.

What's up with the green tea? What is it supposed to do? Is it decaff or regular? I might have to start drinking that. Anthing that can help!!!!
February 25th, 2005, 05:29 AM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
I take one a day kids plus calcium (2 times a day, other vitimins upset my stomach and when pg my DR had me take the kids vitimins instead of prenatal ones so I figure go ahead and take them now since we are ttc) and then the Wal Mart brand of folic acid.

February 25th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Mom2_3mb4's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Mom2_3mb4
I don't take prenatal vitamins, haven't with 3 of my pregnancies due to too much iron in them. My doctor says as long as I'm taking my Calcium and Folic Acid I'm okay.

As for the Vitex its used for levelling out prolactin levels and progesterone levels. I had been breastfeeding which puts prolactin and progesterone out of whack. So I researched and found that Vitex(Chasteberry) is good for that.

The Green Tea I drink to thin out CM. I drink 3 cups a day from CD13 till the day after I O. I drink the decaf green tea with a packet of sugar twin. If I'm out and they don't serve decaf I will have a cup of regular but they say decaf is better.

The Wild Yam cream is a natural progesterone cream. Its for raising progesterone levels to help increase LP. Its the same with B-6.

Any other questions feel free to ask. I'll answer what I can and what I don't know I usually research on the internet.

Dust and whatever else everyone needs.
February 25th, 2005, 09:23 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been taking One Source Prenatal MultiVitamins with Folic acid in them for almost a year now. My doctor just put me on 1 MG Tablet of Folic Acid too.

February 25th, 2005, 12:02 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I take Jamieson folic acid

February 25th, 2005, 12:24 PM
kimberellie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought prenatal vitamins when I was pregnant and am still taking them. I hope that there is enough folic acid in them. What does everyone think?? There should be enough vitamins and foic acid in them????? The name brand is Materna!!!!
February 25th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Okay, so fiance got me the walmart brand folic acid and green tea extract in capsules, not green tea bags!! i was cracking up!!! it says it can be used to make a tea with but wow...is it foul. luckily my friend owns a coffee shop and has a lot of herbal teas, i'll see what he has that isn't too loaded down with other stuff.

Thanks for the info on the Wild Yam. I may check that out. We're on cycle 8 since coming off bcp in August. The first 6 cycles were 21 days and the past 2 have stretched to 24 days. i'd love to be able to stretch it out a few more days.

Thanks so much, gals!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search