Can OB tell if you are early pregnant by a pelvic exam? >>>

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Regular
I think I could have gotten preggo on the 7th or 8th..and I have a pap smear appt coming up on the 20th which I have also scheduled to speak with my dr. about tring to become pregnant. I was wondering if at this early of possibly being pregnant, if a dr. can manually feel differences such as the uterus being a little enlarged etc where he could provide some insight on whether our last attemps we tried to get preggo, actually worked? Just curious! Of course there is always the good old pregnancy test I will take once I miss my period but in the mean time, I was hoping maybe this would be possible! THANKS!

Last edited by raindropsparkle; August 13th, 2009 at 03:50 PM.
August 13th, 2009, 05:30 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I don't know for sure, but I don't think a doctor could tell that early. If you ovulated on the 8th, then you would be 12DPO at your doctor's appointment...you could probably test that morning and get an accurate result with an FRER.

Good luck!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

August 13th, 2009, 05:36 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
They might be able to tell symptoms of a pregnancy, but even if they could it really wouldn't be very accurate. I'd just ask them for a pregnancy test while you are there. Good luck!

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
August 13th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had some pap work done and little did we know- I was between 8-9 weeks pg. and the Dr. didn't notice a thing. She was as shocked as I was when I came back a few weeks later 12 weeks preggers.
August 13th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
There is a percentage (I don't know what the numbers are) that something turns blue...I only know this because my mom told me once when she went to the doctor to find out if she was pregnant, her doctor didn't even make her POAS because he could tell for 100% certain she was because something had turned blue...cervix or something? It's called the Chadwick's Sign.

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

August 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had some pap work done and little did we know- I was between 8-9 weeks pg. and the Dr. didn't notice a thing. She was as shocked as I was when I came back a few weeks later 12 weeks preggers.
August 13th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
my doc couldnt tell, I even asked for a test and he refused saying it was impossible for me to be pregnant. i got a BFP the very next day and when I tried to get a meeting with him, his nurses gaffed me off. (I wanted a meeting because after the internal exam he prescribed provera to bring on my cycle and then clomid)

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
August 13th, 2009, 10:13 PM
LuvsGavinNJamie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it would be rare for him to be able to tell but with my yearly my doctor routinely does a pee test beforehand. Of course maybe that was only because my cycles are long and I never know if I'm "late" or if I'm just having an AF that's hesitant to visit. Hope you get your BFP when you test! KUP!

August 13th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I don't think they could THAT early, from an internal... but really it depends on how skilled your doctor is, and the physical signs you are showing

August 14th, 2009, 04:14 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The Chadwick's sign that was metioned can obly be observed at around 6-8 weeks along, so being only 20dpo the doctor couldn't tell.

It refers to the discoloration of cervix/labia during pregnancy. I would find it hard to believe he had 100% track record because every woman is different. But I guess he could have been lucky!

Sorry 12dpo! Oops! I was thinking the 20th of august!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search