medicines to help you conceive

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2005, 05:46 PM
marie2001
I have another question. I have heard about two medicines that are supposed to help you conveive, and I wonder if anyone knows of anyone who has had luck with either of them. One is an ingredient found in Robitussin... it is a really long word that starts with a "G".... the other is the herb "grape seed", which supposedly JLo is taking to try to help her get PG. Has anyone heard of taking either of these?
March 1st, 2005, 05:52 PM
Karma143's Avatar Veteran
Oh Oh Oh!!!!

Look at this http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/cm.html

I just heard about that a couple of days ago on this site. Let me know how it works I might have to try it (if I can get pass the taste )

Good Luck!! This site is really informative.

*~*~*~Baby Dust*~*~*~ your way!!
March 1st, 2005, 06:01 PM
marie2001
That website had a lot of useful info in it-- thank you! Looks like I'll be heading out to the drug store soon to buy myself some Robitussin!
March 1st, 2005, 06:26 PM
tattooedmommyof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tattooedmommyof2 Send a message via Yahoo to tattooedmommyof2
wow that is intresting. I was just taking Robitussin! Maybe this is my month!!!! Woo!

My first goal.
March 1st, 2005, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I took Robitussin! It totally helps! You have to get the one that only has 1 active ingredient it is: Gualifensin, it says this name in the active ingredient section on the side of the box. You DON'T want another type with any other active ingredients. I am waiting to see if it worked for me! It makes your CM watery, that is why it helps with pregnancy. Good luck ladies!

Nicole

ME: 26
DH: 33

TTC# 1

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 1st, 2005, 06:32 PM
HAHA I can only imagine what my dh would say if I asked him to start taking it too! He would I'm sure but he would definatly think I lost my mind!!!

Good Luck to everyone! I think I might pick a bottle up tomorrow!! Question for you though. I thought (I may be wrong) that the CM was supposed to be eggwhite & stretchy for good chances of getting pg? Anyone know. I know I've read it somewhere but just don't remember.

*~*~*~Baby Dust*~*~*~
March 1st, 2005, 06:38 PM
marie2001
Eggwhite and stretchy sounds right to me! I think that is what the "G" ingredient in Robitussin is supposed to do!
March 1st, 2005, 06:41 PM
Okay I guess I just got a little confused because it says that it thins out the CM? Oh well it has worked for so many others I guess they know what they are talking about.

So much stuff to learn
March 1st, 2005, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My ob said that it will be egg white (clear and stretchy) and the "g" in robitussin makes it watery and stretchy. If only our DH's knew what we were talking about! LOL!! Baby Dust!

Nicole

Me:26
DH:33

TTC# 1

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 1st, 2005, 08:38 PM
JaecobsMommie's Avatar Veteran
ha ha, men are clueless when it comes to this stuff! I think EW CM comes right before O and then goes to watery and then dries up? I"m not ENTIRELY sure....I don't rely on CM though I have heard that I should.... I just can't really distinguish what's going on up in there...ya know? it's all wet, messy and just not worth my effort, ha ha!!!

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/7f2bc">
</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search