OT but pregnancy related - Shape of a mother

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2009, 06:01 PM
pictureunrelated's Avatar Veteran
The Shape of a Mother

Does anyone look at this website regularly? I love it It's one of the things that helped me get through the hard times TTC. I love looking at the pictures and reading the stories.

Warning - It has womens bodies on it so don't open it up at work. I don't feel like I should have to post a warning but the last time I posted a link to this website someone told me in PM that they were "offended over the nature of the pictures" So I guess I better give fair warning that it is a website about
womens - specifically Mothers - bodies before and after pregnancy.

Most people think its a beautiful thing that the website is doing and I have to agree with them We should all be comfortable with out bodies. And so many women aren't after pregnancy, I find it very sad

September 25th, 2009, 06:47 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I've seen this site before. It's kind of interesting.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
September 25th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Oh wow,this is interesting.I look like some of them bellies.I do have 4 children too.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

September 25th, 2009, 10:09 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for sharing this! I think this is a wonderful thing for women to have available to them. I actually told my DH about this site tonight when he came home from work and he thought it was really great that something like this is available.

Btw, I can see where people would appreciate the warning in case they are at work, but I don't see where anyone should get offended by something like this. I guess it's because my family has always been very open about life, sex and the human body.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
September 25th, 2009, 10:26 PM
pictureunrelated's Avatar Veteran
Yeah I never had anyone who said something to me about posting the link because they opened it at work. Because I understand that, its probably NSFW at least for a lot of work places hehe.

I like seeing the pictures but the stories are what I really love about it. Its sad how many people "hate" their bodies so much. Its really hard to read it sometimes because I just want to bonk them over the heads and yell "I wouldn't care what happened to my boobs if I could just have some kids!!" hehe.

But I understand. A lot of people don't have a very open and supportive family when it comes to body image. And society sure doesn't help much when it comes to portraying a "normal" body.

It seems like quite a few women have been helped by seeing others bodies and realizing that they aren't alone with their feelings about their post-pregnancy bodies. And like loving4 said, I think it helps a lot of women realize that they look like other people and other people look like them. and their bodies are beautiful!

September 26th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
cool site - i've never seen it before

Tags
belly pics , children , pregnancy , pregnancy pics , shape of a mother

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search