The Dreaded 2WW

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Kat,

I just spoke to my OB regarding this, she said that it is best to BD the five days leading up to ovulation, not the day of because it increases your risk for miscarriage. You want your husbands contribution to be waiting when the egg is released. Doesn't it just take the fun out of it? I think you and I have been trying the same amount of time. Good luck and lots of babydust!

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 8th, 2005, 07:43 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for your help! I'm such an amateur! Oh well if this month isn't my month I know for next month right?! And at least I will get it right!!! I still have Tuesday and Friday to hope for this month though!!
Thanks so much!!
**baby dust**

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

March 8th, 2005, 07:49 PM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi KAT!

mommytobe is right in that it is best to BD the 5 days prior to O'ing, that was mentioned in a book I ordered called "The Mother of all Pregnancy Books:The ultimate guide to conception, birth and everything in-between" I guess it's a way for sperms to gather together and wait for the race! The book didn't say anything about better chance of miscarriage closer to O??? I never heard that before

Anyway sounds like you done good and wishing you a BFP!!!
March 8th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
the miscarriage info. was just something that she passed on, a lot of books do talk about if you wait until you already ovulate you are more likely to have an eptopic pregnancy because the egg is not fertilized in the right place, and it is not ripe. Ok Kat I think you did all you can do pat yourself on the back, hopefully your BFP will come in 11 days!

Nicole

Mommy to:

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 8th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Thanks TexMex!!! I hope I did good too!!! haha
**baby dust** to all you ladies!!

March 8th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tex Mex-

That is a great book! I have it and read it over and over every month to remind myself of what I am suppossed to do! Did anyone try the robitussin?

Mommy to:

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 8th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mommy2bstl@Mar 8 2005, 09:52 PM
the miscarriage info. was just something that she passed on, a lot of books do talk about if you wait until you already ovulate you are more likely to have an eptopic pregnancy because the egg is not fertilized in the right place, and it is not ripe.*

<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that possibility...
March 8th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Thanks mommy2bstl! I have actually always wondered that,, it definately makes sense to me!! I don't want to think about that though, especially if I end up with a BFP!
TexMex--> This month was actually the first month I tried Robitussin, but I dont know if it really worked because I only had EWCM for about 2 days tops this month as opposed to 3 or 4 days!!

March 9th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Regular
KAT~ What is the Robitussin supposed to do? I have never heard anything about that. Is it the Robitussin you take for a cold? I am confused
March 9th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
beachgirl-

I posted about the Robitussin, I took it when my OPK started to register that the day of ovulation is getting closer. It makes your CM more watery and elastic for during ovulation to carry sperm. I took it and it definitely helped my CM. My doc said and I have read not to take it longer for those few days, it has negative side effects if taken too long. You want the one that has only one active ingredient on the side of the box: g-word. I can PM you later to post it. Hope that helps.

Nicole

Mommy to:

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 9th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi TexMex,

Thanks for the reply.
Trying for your first is so exciting! I wish you the best of luck, along with everyone else trying! It is awesome to have people waiting with us!! It really helps the time go bye. And the support is awesome!

Baby Dust to all!!!!!

Trying for 3
March 9th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Neo76 Send a message via MSN to Neo76 Send a message via Yahoo to Neo76
Hi Girls! I ovulated on Sunday and an now also waiting to hopefully get that BFP. I wont be testing till atleast the 18th or so but im hoping this is my month as well! It was my first month trying the OPK with BBT and I have my fingers crossed all the way for all of us! Good luck!!
-Neo76

March 9th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Neo, I ovulated Saturday so I will be testing around the same time as you!! I wish you the best of luck hun!

March 9th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Hi Neo!

Welcome to the waiting boat!

Good luck with a BFP!!!
March 11th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Hey there ladies!

So how is everyone doing with the 2WW??? Who has possible symptoms that are making them wonder? Who is testing pretty soon? Who has already gone completely mad!!!!***TexMex raises hand***

I have 11 more days until I test, unless the witch decides to show! I am currently 6-7 DPO with nothing out of the ordinary happening to me yet

Hang in there and let's hope for LOTS of November babies!

***BABY DUST***
March 11th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Regular
I'm here and going mad too! 8 days till AF due, going to wait until the 20th to test though. (I have a thing for even numbers ) I always wonder about symptoms...a couple of days ago, I was very bloated and still have the cm...not to mention running to the bathroom every chance I get. I always hate the game my body/mind plays on me. I try not to read too much into my feelings/symptoms as not to be disappointed if this isn't our month. But, reading everyone's posts helps! Good luck during the last week..... Looking forward to lots of BFPs soon!!!!!!!
March 11th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Being on here really does help!

My AF is NEVER a day late, just sometimes a day or two early, so if it doesn't show by the 20th then I will test on the 22nd just in case it does decide to be late for the first time! I have always been a 28-30 day cycle until we started TTC, then my last AF was a 25 day cycle! It really threw me off so now I know anything can happen!
March 11th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Cali*Luvin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can you add me too i am in my 2 WW also .. Lets all have a BFP

******************************************** Baby dust ********************************************

March 11th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Hi Amanda! Welcome to the dreaded wait!

I added you to the list....the list is on my first post

Lots of BABY DUST to you!
March 11th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Girls!

I am due on the 21st. I always tested positive a few days early though with my other 2. I will probably test right around the 21st... hopefully on or the day after, if I can keep my hands off those pregnancy tests!!! The temptation!!

No real symptoms so far... I have been a little hungry at times, but I don't think I have been eating as much as usual so that is probably why.

Good Luck!! Hopefully we will all start feeling symptoms soon!!!

Tryingfor3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search