did we miss our chance to conceive?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Regular
Okay I'm going to try to make this as short as possible, but it may be a little longer than planned. I really appreciate any answers though.

On the 11th day of my cycle, I used an OPK and it came back negative. I was away and didn't have my testing supplies until late on the 14th day of my cycle. I used the Clear Blue Easy digital Ovulation kit (the one that gives you an empty circle when there is no surge or a smiley face when the surge is detected).

About 10:30 last night (CD 14) I got a smiley face!! I didn't end up having sex with hubby until about 11am this morning (CD 15), 12 hours or so after the fact that I got the smiley face. Right after we had sex, I did another test to see if it was still a smiley, and unfortunately it was not .

Since I missed a few days between day 11 and day now 15, could I have ovulated on maybe day 12 or 13 and then we missed it? This is so frustrating.

Also, right after we were done I moved a little in the wrong way and somewhat got rid of his
"stuff" haha. Would this matter? As in... if it's in me for that short time is there enough sperm that would make it up there so that when I "gushed" I didn't lose all of it?

Basically, am I fertile or not, was this month wasted, I'm so upset about this. Like, maybe I got the smiley face at the very END of my fertility and the 12 hours later just missed it. This is so discouraging, please someone let me know what is up. Thanks a ton.
December 7th, 2009, 01:42 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The smiley face, or positive OPK, indicates the LH surge that happens BEFORE you ovulate, so your BD this morning should have been in the right time frame hopefully. You should ovulate 12-36 hours after a positive OPK. As for the moving and gushing, I would think some would have stayed in, but by no means am I an expert on this LOL. Good luck and hope you get your BFP in a couple weeks!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
December 7th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Regular
thank you for your help
December 7th, 2009, 03:15 PM
amychristian's Avatar TTC Board Co-Host
You had sex at the exact right time -- after the smiley. Good job! See, the +OPK means you're about to ovulate, anywhere from 12-36 hours afterward, and the egg still has up to 24 hours to survive. So you're okay!
Amy and Benny - TTC #1

---------------------------------------------------
Always missing our precious baby boy
Lost on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 12w5d
We will forever carry you in our hearts
---------------------------------------------------
"Deus da mihi castitatem et continentiam. Sed noli modo."

Tags
negative , opk , positive , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search