Clomid!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2005, 02:35 PM
SuperMom's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, my next cycle I will start with Clomid! I have been on it in the past...so I am looking forward to a Christmas baby! AF is suppose to be here tomorrow and I wish she would just hurry the heck up! Anyone else on Clomid??? How has your cycle length been??
March 9th, 2005, 02:44 PM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's great. Sending you lots of baby dust for a Christmas baby. Did it work for you right away in the past? I'm curious as my youngest sister has been ttc for quite some time and has an unpredictable cycle. Good luck!
March 9th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Colleen,

I am going to start clomid. I am going to the doc on friday to get started. I am on day 1 of my cycle. How does it work? Best wishes for a Christmas baby! Babydust!

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 9th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope this is your month ~~~~lots of baby dust ~~~~

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
March 9th, 2005, 03:59 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck to you this month!!

*~baby dust~*

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

March 9th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Veteran
Nicole & Colleen,

The first time I took clomid I got pg the 1st month with my son. Then last year I got pg on the second cycle. This is my first cycle after my m/c and I have about a week before I can test, so we'll see what happens.

The only side effects I have are hot flashes. They're pretty bad, but it's worth it in the end!

You take the pills from cd5 - cd9 and that's it. It doesn't help me ovulate any earlier, which it should, but I definitely think it produces a more mature egg.

March 10th, 2005, 08:07 AM
I have had a lot of success in th past with Clomid...I know that I will "o"! I will be going in for a follcicle check on day 11,12,or 13 per Dr.'s request! They will also check progesterone levels to see if I need a supp! I hope they find a big fat supersized egg in there! I am now waiting for AF (due tomorrow) and will take clomid days 3-7. I will post again when my cycle starts all over again! Good luck to all, and to my clomid companions!
March 10th, 2005, 08:47 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck to you all TTC. I hope you get the eggie in the first cycle!!!

Good luck and baby dust!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

March 10th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Hun! This is my first cycle on Clomid and I'm praying for CHristmas twins! LMAO
March 10th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Wow, Christmas Twins! That would be a real blessing!
March 10th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Shelly,

thanks for the information. WHy did they put you on it? I am going to the doc on friday (tomorrow) and she said that she is going to put me on it depending on what my blood tests come back as. I would love christmas twins! I heard that clomid doesn't really increase your chances for multiples. I hope this is your month!

Babydust to all
Nicole

Mommy to:

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 10th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Actually Clomid DOES inscrease your risk. I have a higher risk then usual because there are 4 sets of Fraternal twins on my mom's side, my MOM is actually a twin. And my daughter was originally a twin. I have a 45-50% chance of twins while on Clomid LOL and my dr said although the information on clomid says there's only a 10% chance that in his CLINICAL count and personal LIVE reactions it's really about 30% for twins. LOL
March 11th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well girls-

add me to the clomid list. I went today and she is starting me on 50mg of clomid starting on sunday. I am excited and scared. I hope that it works. She said that I have a leutal phase abnormality, meaning the egg is released too late in my cycle--hence the day 25 ovulation and 39 day cycles. I would love more info. on clomid if anyone could share, side effects, how long it took to conceive, etc. My doc said to do it every other day starting on day 12. I take the clomid on days 5-9. Does this sound right? Good luck! I am hoping for christmas twins!

Nicole

Mommy to:

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 11th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Wow, there will be a bunch of us starting Clomid this month! I have conceived twice before on Clomid! I to ovulate late, day 22-25 and my cycles are about 38-39 days as well. I thought a leutal defect was when the time from "o" to Af was less than 12 days? Maybe I was wrong? AF is due anytime and I should be starting soon, I hope. I will be taking clomid days 3-7 per dr. instrcutions, but have in the past taken it days 5-9...diff dr. say different things I guess?
keep me posted!
March 11th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Different cycle days is because: some people still ovulate late on CD 5-9. CD3-7 you get more follies and earlier, but CD 5-9 you get stronger and more mature eggs
March 11th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Melissa,

I am starting 50mg like you! Yeah that is what she said she wanted the stronger follicle since I have a history now of follicular cysts. SOOO, we will see what happens! Wishing all lots of babydust!

Nicole

Mommy to:

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 11th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey hun! Good luck! I hope this is your FIRST and LAST clomid cycle!! BABY DUST
March 11th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Melissa-

I do too! Did your s/e ever go away or did they stay with you the rest of your cycle? I hope you get a BFP this month! Babydust!

Nicole

Mommy to:

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 11th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I still am getting hot flashes but that's it. I reccomend drinking a glass of green tea a day before bed! I was starting to dry out but hte green tea fixed it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search