I Hate evaporation lines!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2005, 09:52 AM
KitKat
As most of you know.... Thought I was pg - got AF - but it only lasted for 4 days when I'm usually 7. Still bloated and slightly crampy even though AF has been done for a few days... bb's still slightly sore and my one nipple has just gone wacko! It is way more sensitive than the other one and it seems bigger (rounder) and more firm than the other one (sorry, weird and tmi).

Anyway, this morning I took a generic hpt (I don't know what the levels on it are) - it was the Sav-On brand from Jewel/Osco.... and again, I thought I could see a faint line, but only in certain light... and I just looked at it again and the line is DEFINEATELY there now... but EVAPORATION LINE????

I wish I knew if it got darker because I'm pg and it just took a while to detect it or if it is just an evaporation line. I HATE EVAPORATION LINES!!! This is SO frustrating. I wish I could just get a clear answer!
March 11th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
I would call your doctor and see if you can get in for a blood test. I had an extremely faint line (twice..once I talked my self into it being an evap line). When they took the blood, it was a positive test. My hcg was just still very low (29). Many of the hpts require hcg level of 50 before its detected!!

I'd say get in to the doc. Crossing my fingers that it is a BFP!!!!!

March 11th, 2005, 10:03 AM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree I would go get a blood test, using the hpts can be so stressful. Hoping for a bfp for you.
March 11th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Carah062105's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH I HOPE IT'S A BIG FAT POSITIVE!!!!!!! I would be so excited...how ironic would that be...you get your "period" and you're pregnant....that would be awesome Go get a blood test, and keep us updated!!!

Thanks Melissa (Alison's Mommy) for my awesome blinkies!!!

March 11th, 2005, 10:09 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope it's a BFP!!! Call the DR and let us know!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

March 11th, 2005, 10:10 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
KitKat how about the tests that display "pregnant" or "not pregnant" ??? Have you tried that? Those take the guess work out of it.

Don't give up hope , maybe a blood test is what you need.

BABY DUST!!!
March 11th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with tex mex, I'd get the one that spells it out, that way you'd know for sure.

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
March 11th, 2005, 02:44 PM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
kitkat I've had the same symptoms like you since last month AF. Mine was only 4 days - start-stop-heavy-start-stop then poof gone! This months isn't much different. I started yesterday and by today I would have been half way thru a box of tampax (I'm exaggerating a little). I agree with the girls, break down buy the fact plus with the plus or minus sign or clear blue easy (that's what I used last yr when I found out I preggo) it was almost instant that it showed up. Just make sure you put the right end in the wand (laffin) I put the wrong end on the first try, good thing it was a two test box LOL

Good Luck Catchin Eggy ~*~*~*~*~ BaBy DuSt ~*~*~*~*~

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
March 11th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Darn evaporation lines. Sorry to hear Kit. It's probably frustrating. Maybe you can try the ones that actually say "pregnant" or "not pregnant". Good luck
March 11th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
KitKat,

I would seriously call your doctor and get a blood test. I am one of those people that cannot take pregnancy tests (urine ones) because for whatever reason the evaporation line shows up. Blood tests are sure fire ways to get the bottom. I also had the same symptoms and had a cyst--which is very common in a lot of women and causes false positives on pregnancy tests. The only reason why I am saying this is so that no one else has to have their heart broken the way I did when I had all of the symptoms and positive urine tests and it turned out to be a cyst. I hope it is a BFP for you! I hope that it is too soon to register on a urine test! Babydust!

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 11th, 2005, 05:30 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kit- I hope you really are pg!! Keep us all updated and best of luck!

**baby dust**

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

March 11th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Crystal's Avatar Veteran
Oh plz get a blood test,I so hope you get a BFP.Good Luck hun!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search