Weird Symptom

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2005, 01:07 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has anyone heard about someone figuring out that they were pregnant by their hair color not taking??

I wanted to highlight my hair last weekend. I put it in and left it in for the 30 minutes like it said and when I to look at it after I blow dried it, it didn't do anything but at the roots. No color at all on the rest of it!!!! I color it all the time and have never had this happen before.

Any ideas??

Angie

=May '05 and '11

March 11th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
not that exactly. But I have heard that it is suggested that you not color or perm your hair when pregnant. I think the reason is that the hormones in your body somehow affect the results.

A family member said that she attempted to perm her hair while preggo and it didn't take at all. A friend said she went for a perm and they said it might not take, but in her case...it 'over' took. She said it was a frizzy mess!!!

I'm one that tries not to get my hopes up about things...which is VERY hard to do...especially if something like that has never happened to you before...so.....MAYBE???!!!!

I have an appointment to get my hair hilighted tomorrow. I'm waiting for AF to show (post m/c), so I figure I might as well do it while I KNOW I'm not pregnant!!!

I hope its a sign for you!!!! Good luck and let us know!!!

March 11th, 2005, 01:22 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have heard of that happening to perms, but not to colour before,, I hope that its a good sign for you though!!

*baby dust*

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

March 11th, 2005, 01:22 PM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking it prolly just took to the roots of your hair and if your hair is in pretty good condition the rest of the hair isn't porous so it's not going to soak up the color. Atleast that has been my experience in the past with hair color. When my hair is at it's healthiest (usually after a good cut) and well conditioned the color only grabs onto the roots. When you colored this last time - before coloring when was the last time you washed your hair? The oil in your hair acts as a natural conditioner. So when you color it helps loose color wash away. This is what my hairdresser told me anyways LOL

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
March 11th, 2005, 01:23 PM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
I do hair and when you are pg the hormons can cause color not to take right. if we knew a women was pg then she would have to sign a paper saying she understood that the color may not turn out right and that we could not be held responsable for it. But this can happen also during or right before af, if you are taking any hormons, even stress can cause your hair to do weird things like that. If you think you are pg then I would take a test. If it comes out bfp, you may try corling your hair again, but if it still doesn't come out I would wait until after you have the baby, chances are that would be the way it is the whole time you pg.
Good luck and lots of baby dust!

March 11th, 2005, 01:26 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by carolinagirl@Mar 11 2005, 04:22 PM
I'm thinking it prolly just took to the roots of your hair and if your hair is in pretty good condition the rest of the hair isn't porous so it's not going to soak up the color. Atleast that has been my experience in the past with hair color. When my hair is at it's healthiest (usually after a good cut) and well conditioned the color only grabs onto the roots. When you colored this last time - before coloring when was the last time you washed your hair? The oil in your hair acts as a natural conditioner. So when you color it helps loose color wash away. This is what my hairdresser told me anyways LOL
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

My hair is in pretty good condition. I washed it the day before I colored it and I didn't wash it after I colored it. Like I said, I've never had a problem with it before and I didn't get a cheap brand either.

Maybe I'm just thinkiing too much!!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

March 11th, 2005, 01:36 PM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
nah, I think you're just like the rest of us wanting the BFP so badly we can taste it. But when you're pregnant not only does it increase the hormones in your body and cause your hair to grow, but your nails as well. When I was pregnant with Devon - my hair grew 8 inches in like 6 months it was half way down my back and when I found out I PG it was above my shoulders!! Sooooooo, like littleangel said stranger things have happened. I am hoping it was a sign but it might have just been a bad batch ya know? Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* BaBy DuSt *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
P.S. anyone ever notice that this ~* looks like spermies and eggies? LOL

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
March 11th, 2005, 02:00 PM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* BaBy DuSt *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
P.S. anyone ever notice that this ~* looks like spermies and eggies? LOL
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/quote]
Thats funny! LOL

March 11th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Before coloring again you may want to go into a salon and have a deep condition done it is normally anywhere from $5-15, go into one of the chains like the ones at Walmart they will be the cheapest. You should do that once a month if you color or perm you hair, and in the summer if you swim alot.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search