Does your DH/SO understand

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2005, 07:19 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Ladies!

How many of you discuss possible pregnancy symptoms you think you may be experiencing with your DH/SO? I try not to talk to my DH too much about it because I don't want him to get his hopes up if it ends up not being the month. Also he doesn't really understand the process of the ovulating, the egg implanting, etc...and the time frame of those things...I am 11-12 DPO today, I was so completely sure this was not my month since I had NO symptoms at all, but last night I started cramping and I swear I thought I would wake up this morning with full blown AF! With AF coming early last month I expect her anywhere between today and Sunday at the latest. Well she didn't show thank god so now I am really confused because I never cramp before AF shows! I also have no spotting and no CM of any kind. So when I mentioned to DH (I was going to keep quiet with him but thought this is so unusual I would tell him) that I am having cramping at an unusual time and it may be because of Implantation he says "well, wouldn't that have happened a while ago?" and I had to explain to him (again!) that it takes atleast a week for it to start implanting itself. I feel like no matter how well I explain these things to him he just won't understand fully so I try to keep symptoms to myself for the most part

Wow this is long sorry about that!

Would love to here your experiences with DH/SO
March 15th, 2005, 08:37 AM
I guess no one talks to their DH/SO about possible symptoms
March 15th, 2005, 08:42 AM
KitKat
I generally don't. Not because he doesn't understand... it's just that I have THOUGHT that I might be pg so many times... that DH started to get impatient everytime I would mention symptoms to him. He'd get that "here we go again" look....

So no, I just talk to you guys.
March 15th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to amanda817
Yeah,
Last month I was 4 days late for AF... and I tried to keep quiet, but I collapsed and we went to the drug store to get a test together. Right before we went inside he was staring off into space in the car and wouldn't get out for a second or two. Later on he said , hell I don't know what I would do if you were pg! I was thinking about how it would be with a baby in the back of the car!
He is such a big worry wort! I think it would be so awesome to have a baby together. Of course we've talked about it... He would be so happy if he had a son.
The test was neg, by the way. I think we'll start trying for sure next month, but I get kind of worried about telling him b/c my Mom had a horrible time carrying to term. Can I wait 2 or 3 months until I know for sure there's a baby on the way? I don't know...

Amanda & Chris
March 15th, 2005, 08:52 AM
CocoHunny's Avatar Foxxy Mommie
Send a message via AIM to CocoHunny
when we actually try to conceive i always tell how i'm feeling each day and he'll be like i think you're pregnant.

wanting,but waiting (sigh)
March 15th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the replies
March 15th, 2005, 09:05 AM
zoey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know if I get morning sickness he'll know right way and get all excited. He is the type of person who has a lot of energy. Id feel bad if it didn't pan out. He'd be so sad..
I think I'll keep quite until Im a ways late. But then thats easy to say now, I'll probally to too anxious to wait.
March 15th, 2005, 09:15 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I have never really had a lot of symptoms so I haven't shared them with him. Even if I did, I am not certain he would realize they were preg symptoms.

March 15th, 2005, 09:15 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I have never really had a lot of symptoms so I haven't shared them with him. Even if I did, I am not certain he would realize they were preg symptoms.

March 15th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My husband is the type that won't believe it until a test proves it to him. Sometimes I will mention symptoms but he just doesn't get the whole emotional change that comes with pregnancy.

Actually I don't think he realizes how emotional some women get.

I haven't had too many symptoms... okay none at all.... this time so haven't been able to tell him.

I wish you would test TexMex!! I am waiting for your BFP!!!
March 15th, 2005, 09:30 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really tell hubby if I think I'm pregnant. If he asks then I just say that I don 't wanna say anything until I take a test. I don't wanna say something to get his hopes up and then get a BFN.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

March 15th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Tryingfor3, too funny! Um, well I won't test early as much as I want to, and believe me I WANT TO , because if I am prego the chances of the tests being negative right now are pretty high and so I would rather somehow manage to wait it out and if AF does not show by Sunday then it is definitely testing time. Not to mention the money for these tests

I am feeling OK today, I do have VERY SLIGHT cramping, but not like last night...still no AF! She just better stay away!

I will keep you all posted of course!
March 15th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Veteran
I guess I'm in the minority. My husband knows everything. He asks me every morning what my temp is. He looks at my chart every day. He knows all the terms, everything. In fact, when I test and it's negative he goes out and buys me a chocolate bar because he knows that I need chocolate during AF. It's my one vice. Wierd, maybe, but I love him for it!

March 15th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Aw, that's really sweet!
March 15th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't tell my DH anything I don't want him to get his hopes up so I am waiting till I get a BFP before I tell him anything.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
March 15th, 2005, 02:20 PM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
The only time I have really gotten into it was when I was REALLY, REALLY late, and I happened to be sick also at the time. But for the most part I keep quite about it all. I figure I will tell him all about them all when I get a bfp. But he really wants one so I don't want to get his hopes up.

March 15th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
TexMex,
how are you? I have been so busy I have not chatted with you in awhile. Here goes. My DH is really dumb when it comes to the reproductive processes. I do not tell him anything anymore and here is why. In January our first month of trying I took a test and it was positive. I had all of the symptoms. Horrible swollen boobs, etc. It turned out that it was a ruptured ovarian cyst and it caused the symptoms of pregnancy. It really took a toll, and now he thinks I am a hypochondriac, so I will not tell him EVER again unless I have confirmation from a doc.

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 15th, 2005, 06:37 PM
marie2001
My DH always seems to know when I am taking my OPK test, or when I am taking a PG test, and he is always eager to know the results. As for telling him every time I think I have a sore boob, or an implantation cramp, I keep quiet. My hubby is the type where I could describe every PG symptom until I am blue in the face, but until I show him a positive PG test, he really won't believe it. Therefore, I try to keep my various symptoms on the down low....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search