Carah....

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Any sign of AF?? I'm still hopeful for a BFP until she shows her face. Keep us posted
March 15th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Carah062105's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No....not even a sign! I am getting extremely frustrated. Is it stupid to go get another pregnancy test even though I had blood drawn and it came back negative???? I am just at my wits end trying to figure out what is going on. I have NEVER been this late. I am currently 9 days late for AF! I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!

Thanks Melissa (Alison's Mommy) for my awesome blinkies!!!

March 15th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's crazy Carah. I'd probably get another pregnancy test but that's just me. How long did it take you last time to get a BFP?
March 15th, 2005, 07:44 AM
KitKat
Oh Carah... that sucks. What kind of blood test did they give you? The one that just says if your are pregnant or not? Or the Beta that tells you the levels?

Maybe you are like me and it's just gonna take a while to show up!

I hope so.
March 15th, 2005, 07:58 AM
monkhester
Nine days late for AF! That's is baffling. I would get another test done too. Still hoping, still praying for you.
March 15th, 2005, 08:13 AM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What does your doctor say about all this? When you got the blood test and it came back - did he or she say call me if you still don't have your AF by a certain date? You think they would have you come back in if it did not show within a certain amount of time. Some people said they were given a pill to make AF come. Did they say anything about what they could do to help you? I hope you can get some answers soon I know you must be frustrated. Good luck!
March 15th, 2005, 08:59 AM
marie2001
Carah, that really is a bummer! I would definately be requesting some meds to make AF come. You have been much more patient waiting then I would be!!!
March 15th, 2005, 09:00 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
Carah,

I am sorry that this is all so confusing. If I was you I would get a test and take it at home.

Sometimes cycles take a bit to sort themselves out. After I had Kiera it took 23 months to get my first cycle. You had a m/c and then one cycle, correct? It is possible that your body isn't yet back to "normal" and that it will take a while yet.

I want to wish you all the best!

****babydust****

March 15th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would get another test maybe you ovulated late and did not have enough HCG when the test was done. I would try again now. Good Luck

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
March 15th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Kristimomto2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Carah....9 days seems alittle long to be late. Has something like this ever happend to you in the past? I would probably take another test. Keep us posted.
March 15th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Carah062105's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I called the doc today and she told me that I should go get a urine test. She said unless I got pregnant right before I took the test, that it was accurate. I was already 4 days late when I got the test taken. I guess I'll go get a test tonight while I'm in town, and if AF doesn't show tonight, I'll take it tomorrow with FMU. Yes, Brandy this will be my second cycle since the m/c. Tylersmom, no nothing like this has EVER happened. I'm only 1 - 2 days late MAX. The only time I've ever been later than that, I was pregnant. I am having a hard time being patient. I hadn't even thought of getting a pill to make AF come. She didn't even suggest it. I am having a hard time finding a good doctor, that makes this even more frustrating. She told me all I could do was wait it out. It's Tuesday and I leave Sunday....if she doesn't get here soon, I'll be on when I"m away. OH this is crazy!!!!

Thanks Melissa (Alison's Mommy) for my awesome blinkies!!!

March 15th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Carah,

You are in my prayers. I know that stress, illness, and worrying can play a part in your cycle. Also, if you don't ovulate that can delay a period. Your body could still be very out of whack from your miscarriage. If your urine test is negative, I would call your doctor and tell him to call in a prescription for provera. It will jumpstart your period and it did not have any s/e on me. Best wishes and keep your chin up!

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 15th, 2005, 06:01 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
((((hugs))))

I don't know about the provera, I would be paranoid that I ovulated recently and was pregnant but just a little and that it would cause me to m/c that baby. I am not helping by saying that, I am sure, but how can you be certain?

I would think that the provera would only bring on AF, but that wouldn't help regulate your cycles. I think this is yoru cycles still trying to straighten themselves out after the m/c, it is all the preg hormones that a mom has after a birth, it takes a while.

((((hugs))))

March 15th, 2005, 06:44 PM
marie2001
I'm not sure what to say to you Carah, so I'll just say that you are in my thoughts.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search