Update: Dr's appt.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2005, 10:50 AM
KitKat
OK. talked to my dr.'s nurse and she is setting up the blood test for me... one of those where I can go in whenever I want to... so I think I'll go in tomorrow if I can. My first OB appt. she already set up for April 8th (She isn't even waiting for the blood test to come back!).
When she asked me if I'd had any symptoms... I told her that my biggest one is the fact that I have been cramping for the last week (and my period was done over a week ago). Just mild cramps... but it makes me feel like af is going to start up again anytime... She told me that it is quite normal and USUALLY the first symptom to appear (info. for some of the ttc#1 girls - just remember that everyone is different). She also said that it is also the first symptom to disappear.

When I get the blood test (they are doing a beta to get my #'s and then I will have to go back in 72 hours to get them again), it will take 48 hours to get the results (boy will the next three days be the longest of my life). But it makes me a little more confident that she didn't even want the results back before setting me up for an appt.

They plan on setting me up for an u/s as soon as the #'s are high enough, because I'm slightly more at risk for an ectopic pg than most women. So at least I won't have to wait as long as most women to get that first u/s. That's a plus!
Don't they say that once you see your baby in the uterus and hear it's heartbeat that the risk of miscarriage goes down to 5%???
March 15th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
KitKat,

Can't wait to hear how the blood test results come out and about your first OB appt. That is awesome you will get such an early u/s. I had many and early u/s with both of my children and it is very re-assuring to have them. But don't get too used to it, or not having one will drive you nuts!

CONGRATS again!!!

Tryingfor3
March 15th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Veteran
That is awesome news! I can't wait to hear the results. So what's your due date?

March 15th, 2005, 12:26 PM
KitKat
Either Nov. 12th or 13th. Will go by what the Dr. says though when I see him.
March 15th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am soooo happy for you.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
March 16th, 2005, 04:39 AM
CocoHunny's Avatar Foxxy Mommie
Send a message via AIM to CocoHunny
That's Good News Kat, keep us posted

wanting,but waiting (sigh)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search