Conceiving after Early Labor & Depo

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2010, 08:34 PM
Hello everyone!

I was in here a lonnnnnggg time ago! I learned that I conceived my first child back in September 09 but didn't find out until after taking my first Depo Shot EVER in November 09. Unfortunately Feb 11 2010 I went into early labor and our baby boy didn't make it. I haven't gotten back on any forms of BC and have not taken any action to prevent pregnancy. My hubby and I have gotten busy with work and school BUT I have a desire to have another.

My cycle hasn't been regular at ALL. I spot sometimes and I THINK (not sure) that I MAY (or may not) have had a period two weeks ago. This week, I have been having sore breasts, and nausea here and there, and fatigue. I go to the doctor on Saturday but I don't want to psyche myself up to think I'm pregnant again.

I only had that one Depo Shot in November. I know it can take up to a year for it to leave your body but I only had that one...anyone else get pregnant after Depo Shot within 6 months? Or will it take me longer since my body went through soooo much confusion September-February?
May 3rd, 2010, 09:38 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm not sure of the depo, but my baby was stillborn at 22w 3d and I got pregnant just 2 1/2 months later....have you talked to your doctor about your cycles? would one shot make them that irregular?

May 4th, 2010, 12:34 AM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i took depo for a few years and i liked it (i was horrible at remembering to take the pill so the shot was ideal) UNTIL... for some reason my body decided to have side effects. i had horrible hemorrhaging and ended up in the ER. the cure? they gave me ANOTHER shot of depo (wth? ). anyway as soon as that wore off i didn't go for another shot.

this was years ago (when i was still in college) so i'm sorry that i can't really be of help with your current situation. but i do wish you the best of luck in getting a quick BFP!

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
May 5th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks! So today....I had a few "symptoms" but of course I'm STILL not trying to psyche myself up!
I have lost my appetite, feeling nauseated (as I type) and my breasts are feeling sore. But for some reason I'm not believing it lol we'll see on Saturday what happens. I'm nervous!!
May 5th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Jacobbbsmommy's Avatar Happy but Lost
i got one shot of depo (first time ever and last time i will ever take it) 6 weeks after having my son. 6 months later we started ttc and found out the depo was still having effects on me and didnt wear off til 14 months after i originally got it. i also gained 50-60 lbs in the first 6 months after i got it. i hate that stuff and will never recommend it. hopefully you will not have as bad effects from it and i hope you are able to begin ttc soon. good luck

Tags
conceive , depo , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search