No period in 4 months

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I have been taking birth control for the past 3 years. I finished my last pack in January and had my normal period from the pill beginning January 27th. I have not had a period since. I have had no spotting, pregnancy symptoms, nothing. It has been 4 months and nothing. My husband and I want to try and have a baby but I'm obviously not ovulating which is frustrating. I have made an appointment with my OBGYN but was wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions? I have not taken any pregnancy tests because I haven't had any symptoms. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
May 16th, 2010, 03:42 PM
amber1214's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you sure you not ovulating. I would get a 30 day opk kit just to make sure your not.
May 16th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Regular
I would suggest buying some OPKs and taking your temperature in the mornings. There are sited such as Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting that allow you to enter all kinds of data and you can get a better handle of what your body is doing! I'm sorry you are having troubles right now. This is my first cycle off of b/c and so far im at CD 30(I think) with no signs of ovulation or AF.... and Im already frustrated... so I can't imagine how you are feeling!

((HUGS))

Going to the Dr is also a great idea. KUP!

~Thanks Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~
May 16th, 2010, 03:50 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
This happened to me last year. Did not get my period for a long time, and then I ended up getting it and have been bleeding for 6 months straight.
Basically, while I wasn't bleeding my body was producing so much estrogen that my uterus lining kept building up and building up. Now it's abnormally thick.

SO, basically, you are doing the right thing by seeing your OB so they can try and induce your period or start clomid or something. Not saying what happened to me will happen to you, BUT it's good to get checked out just in case.

I wish I had seen my OB earlier so I could of gotten on progestin pills to induce my period so my endometrium wouldn't of gotten so thick!

GL with your appointment.

Last edited by OnesOnTheWay; May 16th, 2010 at 03:53 PM.
May 16th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Veteran
Well, my first suggestion would be to take a test, just to make sure before you move forward. You could still be pregnant without symptoms. From what I've read, your doctor can prescribe Provera and it should jump start your period.

In my first month off of BC I was a little over a week late, and it confused me, so I started charting so I could figure things out. Fertilityfriend.com has lessons and slides that give all of the info on how to start charting.

Good luck!

Finally, on cycle 9 - EDD 10/6/11
May 16th, 2010, 04:51 PM
PiXiE*DuSt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to PiXiE*DuSt
I'm in the same boat..I had taken my last pack of BCP back in Dec....Jan & Feb went by & no period...so by the end of march i went to the doctors & they gave me Provera to help bring it on. It took about a week after taking my last pill, but it came!! I had normal cycles while on the pill , but before i started on the pill as a teen my periods were always irregular. My doctor did a blood test to see if i ovulated even though i wasn't getting my period & i wasn't So you may want to get some blood work done & take provera for 5 days! It helped me!

Thanks Claire1979 for my siggie!

May 16th, 2010, 05:20 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i would forsure see your doctor and maybe they can give you some medical reason why it isnt happening. I agree with the ladies to temp. if anything its additional info to show your doctor.

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
May 17th, 2010, 12:22 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
i think you should take a pregnancy test. many women have absolutely no symptoms while they are pregnant, so you should just rule it out.

i hope the doctor can help you! keep us posted!

May 17th, 2010, 05:35 AM
FusionGirl's Avatar Formerly TTC#1inNC
I would take a pregnancy test just to officially rule out pregnancy. Lots of women get pregnant on the first cycle off birth control. It is a step in the right direction with the Dr appointment. Like a PP said they can give you provera to kickstart AF and hopefully help you figure out why you aren't Oing. GL and I hope things go well. KUP!
May 17th, 2010, 10:14 AM
sunqueen's Avatar Super Mommy
I'd also suggest you take a test...my best friends sister was just under 6 months pregnant when she found out - no symptoms at all!!

May 23rd, 2010, 09:52 AM
I just wanted to update you all. I went to the doctor this week. She had me start off with a pregnancy test which was negative. She examined me and said that my ovaries and everything looked fine and showed no cause for concern. Her diagnosis was just that my body needs some help jump starting my periods so that I can begin ovulating again. I am on day 5 out of 10 of taking Progesterone. After those 10 days, I should start my period. The hope is that the following month my body will start my period on it's own. I'll keep you posted!
May 23rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
thanks for the update! i hope things go well for you and you can stick around here!

Tags
infertility , period , pregnancy test , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search