Confused (OPK) *Update 2 in post #17*

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Super Mommy
Ok so hubby and i decided to TTC #3 and ive never used an OPK before so i dont know to much about them.
Ive gotten + on all of them and ive taken them for a week (i dunno why i still did after the first + so dont ask lol) are you supposed to get a + for that long? taken them at or around the same time everyday

this is what i keep getting

i dont know i guess im just trying to figure this all out..

oh and if it helps the dr's told me i had PCO/PCOS about 2 months ago

Last edited by Soldierswife006; May 27th, 2010 at 05:25 PM.
May 25th, 2010, 10:58 AM
amychristian's Avatar TTC Board Co-Host
Are you pregnant?? They can come back very stark + if you're pregnant because LH and hCG register similarly on OPKs.

I've gotten + OPKs three days in a row at most, but never a full week. Are you on any hormones?
Amy and Benny - TTC #1

---------------------------------------------------
Always missing our precious baby boy
Lost on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 12w5d
We will forever carry you in our hearts
"Deus da mihi castitatem et continentiam. Sed noli modo."
May 25th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Super Mommy
umm i was on Nuva ring for about a month and a week and that was about 2-3 weeks ago that i stopped. Maybe its still in my system even though i wasnt on it long.
I dont beleive i am preg because hubyb and i have only messed around once in like the last week (he was in training for a couple months before too so it had been about 2-3months since we did anything before then)
May 25th, 2010, 11:26 AM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my first thought was that you were pregnant, too! maybe you should POAS (hpt) just in case?

otherwise, i have to say i've never heard of anyone getting + OPKs for so many days in a row (two to three days yes, but a whole week no). i'm not familiar with the nuva ring so perhaps that could be affecting your LH levels?

if it continues and you get a BFN on a HPT then maybe you should try calling your doctor to get an informed opinion on the matter.

GL and KUP!

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
May 25th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Super Mommy
yea i have to run to walmart to get lil one some diapers (hopefully she will be an early potty trainer) so ill grab a test while im there. I doubt it will be + but who knows...its worth a shot either way! ill post when i do it!
May 25th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Stephanie_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
GL! I'm new to this scene so I have no advice for ya but i can't wait for an update!

Big thanks to *Kiliki* for my GORGEOUS siggy!
[/URL]
May 25th, 2010, 11:35 AM
what time in the day are u taking the test?
May 25th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Looking forward to hearing about a BFP

Best of luck.

May 25th, 2010, 12:20 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
i agree with the girls, pregnancy is the only thing i can think of that would cause such a dark positive opk for so long. cant wait for an update!

May 25th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not to bubble burst... BUT, it's extremely common for ladies with PCOS (including myself) to get only positives on OPK's because of some sort of hormonal imbalance. The answer brand was positive every day for me, but I have been trying out the internet OPK's and they seem to be doing the trick. My advice... after trying the HPT, try and change brands of OPK's. Good luck and KUP!

May 27th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Super Mommy
Ok ladies sorry for the long wait. ive been really busy with the FRG for hubbys company. Went and bought 2 boxes of tests that way i would also have some on hand depending on what happened. I took a equate and it instantly turned positive no waiting to it i didnt beleive it so i took a CB digi and only about 1 min later it was +Pos.

DH and i sat down and tried to figure everything out and it confused us even more (prob TMI but ohwell). i was wrong about when i took the ring out it wasnt as long ago as i though.. i took it out friday night and dh and i BD sunday (all while i was getting pos opk's) but that wouldnt show up and before that the last time we can remember doing anything was in march because of training to deploy but we used a condom adn when they did the preg test before giving me the nuva ring they did a preg test and the dr said if he didnt call to put the ring in if he did it would be a diff story well he never called so i assumed it was -neg. so im just lost. So anyways all the tests i took came back BFP+'s Maybe were not rememnbering one time or something (i hope this is the case) or its being caused by another problem. Im going nuts waiting to get a Dr's appointment since they are booked about a month out
May 27th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Congrats

May 27th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Congrats. I had that same issue.....the opks kept coming back pos. so i took a hpt and now hes 7 lol
May 27th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Wow -- hey -- we're a smart group of ladies!

Congrats!! That's so awesome!!
Amy and Benny - TTC #1

May 27th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies.. i am going to go to the dr's to make sure that its not something else Just in case. Im excited and so is hubby but we dont want to get our hopes to high or get to excited just to find out it was caused by another problem. i have 2 heart probs, pcos, asthma, and a couple others i wont bore you with so wouldnt be surprised if there were another prob... but keep you fingers crossed it is a true +BFP for me.

Thank you Claire1979 for my AWSOME siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 27th, 2010, 11:33 AM
If it makes you feel any better, HPTs only measure hCG. If it's positive, then that's what it registered as being present in your body. The only medications that cause a positive result are those that contain hCG (like the hCG trigger shot or medication such as Humegon, Pregnyl, Profasi, Pergonal, and APL). Other than that, the only condition that can affect the result is ovarian cysts (or if you've just given birth or miscarried within the last nine weeks). Hopefully your BFP is a real one, and I honestly think it is. My cousin has PCOS and the ONLY time she got a BFP was when she got pregnant, and she tried for over a year and went through hundreds of tests and never got a false positive. I am confident in your result!

Amy and Benny - TTC #1

May 27th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amychristian View Post
If it makes you feel any better, HPTs only measure hCG. If it's positive, then that's what it registered as being present in your body. The only medications that cause a positive result are those that contain hCG (like the hCG trigger shot or medication such as Humegon, Pregnyl, Profasi, Pergonal, and APL). Other than that, the only condition that can affect the result is ovarian cysts (or if you've just given birth or miscarried within the last nine weeks). Hopefully your BFP is a real one, and I honestly think it is. My cousin has PCOS and the ONLY time she got a BFP was when she got pregnant, and she tried for over a year and went through hundreds of tests and never got a false positive. I am confident in your result!
Thanks I really hope so! This will be the fastest ive ever conceived my other 2 took around a year each to get pregnant. Update#2 I called the dr's and they said that since i got a BFP on the home ones and if its pos on theirs its mostlikely a preg but they said that from what i told them they wanted to get me an appt ASAP that way if it was something else then they could figure it out and if it was POS and i am pregnant they can get me into the OB's sooner because i had A LOT of problems with my daughter and almost lost her 4 or 5 times so they want to monitor this one.

Thank you Claire1979 for my AWSOME siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 27th, 2010, 05:32 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i hope this is your BFP. Keep us updated!!

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
May 28th, 2010, 02:52 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
huge congrats! i really hope everything goes well for you.

May 28th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
WooHoo!! Congrats! KUP.

Tags
ovulation

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search