Totally off of the subject

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2005, 12:41 PM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Girls, I am totally stressed to the max! Maybe this is leftover hormones from AF (she's only been gone 2 days) but I just so wanna cry out of frustration.

I got a speeding ticket last month, found out my license was expired
and I went to renew it right after I got pulled over. Found out that the name on my social doesn't match the name on my license (long story short got married - changed my name on everything - got divorced forgot to change name on social).
and the girl won't renew my license til I change it. No biggie right? Yeah that's what I thought too.. a month later and 4 trips to the social security office and STILL NO NAME CHANGE!! They keep telling me I need this and I need that and it's a different person each time I go in and a different story. *sigh*

So now I have to send off to FL for my first marriage license (to show proof that I am who I say I am) but I am scared that it won't get here in time for court in April. So girls if you've gotten married and never changed your name on you social you might want to check into your states requirements. If I were PG.. I would so totally be in the hospital with a mental breakdown. The stress is soooo bad and my nerves are shot.

sorry this was so long and totally not what this message board is about but I just needed to get this off of my chest before I go nuts!!! *eating chocolate and finding a happy place* LOL

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
March 18th, 2005, 12:46 PM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a drag. I learnt about not changing my name with SS when they held my tax return one year. There hrs interfered with my work hours so I never did it. Needless to say when I did not get my tax check I got it handled immediately. Good luck I hope you get things worked out soon.
March 18th, 2005, 12:47 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that this is happening to you!!! I hope you get everything worked out!!! Don't you love the government!!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

March 18th, 2005, 12:47 PM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ew, yuck! sorry to hear that! I hope it all works out for you
March 18th, 2005, 12:58 PM
thanks girls.. I really appreciate it.. I hated venting here.. but I am at work and did all of this on my lunch break.. just soooooo frustrating.

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
March 18th, 2005, 01:36 PM
KitKat
so sorry that you had to go through that. Want to hear a funny S.S. story?

Went to work when I was 14 (long story involving cheap parents, a desire for the latest and greatest fashion and a wierd thing about wanting to be older than I was). I also had a mom that wouldn't let me get my license right away when I was 16 like everyone else. So I didn't get my license until I was 18.

Well, in order to get my license... I needed my social security card (my Dad had written the number down for me on a piece of paper to use for job applications). Well, my Dad couldn't find the card... so we went the S.S. office to apply for a new one. When I told the lady at the counter what my S.S.# was... she looked it up and gave me this wierd (kind of incredulous and trying not to laugh) type of look. She told me that the S.S.# that I had been using at work for the last 4 years belonged to woman who had been born at the end of the 1800's! She was pretty sure that wasn't me!
My real S.S.# didn't even come close to the number my Dad had written down for me (I later in life found out he was numerically dyslexic - wish I would have known that then!). I had become so use to that number that it took me almost 6 or seven years to remember the real number... I just had the old one firmly planted in my brain!!!
March 18th, 2005, 01:49 PM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
If you go to http://www.vitalrec.com/fl.html#State you should beable to buy a copy of the marrige cer. there, this is for FL. i got a birth cer. for my DD and I think there is a place for marrige as well, it maybe a faster this way then, mailing something asking for it and then waiting for them to mail you a copy. Also there is a site I cannot remember the web address off hand but can try to look it up later if you want for SS that will tell you everything you need to have, and also a number you can call if you have any questions, that may make it easier than going into the office and then having to come back later with more things. I need to find it get what I need to get my DD name changed on her SS card, my husband adopted her over a year ago and I still haven't gotten that done!
I am sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time with all this and I hope it works out for you soon!

March 18th, 2005, 01:55 PM
LOL oh my lord! It's funny thinking about or looking back at things like this... but at the moment I was soooooo friggin angry.. well ok, more like fed-up. I feel like they sit back there behind the glass and whisper to each other and see who they can make the angriest or think up outlandish things to prove who we are. Next she'll want a pint of blood, a semien specimen from my Dad and eggs from my Mom (oops Dad is deceased and well Mom doesn't have her equipment anymore.. now what?) hmmm... then when I miraculously accomplish that, they'll want me to stand on my head & stay the alphabet backwards. After all this will be said and done I feel like setting up an appointment to get disability for mental illness (be like 'HI remember me? well you should I've only made 6465454 trips here trying to get my name changed on my social security card! So now I'm applying for disability benefits.. oh what's that.. I'm approved! Imagine that, it was easier getting disability than it was changing my name')... cos after dealing with these ppl I am bound to become insane! No wonder Postal workers go.. well.. postal LOL.

KitKat did you ever get tax stuff straight after memorizing the correct number or did you not worry about it?

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
March 18th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow I can't imagine going threw all of that. I got married in Nov and changed my card the next week and now I am glad. Good Luck with it.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
March 21st, 2005, 06:54 AM
KitKat
Quote:
Originally posted by carolinagirl@Mar 18 2005, 04:55 PM
KitKat did you ever get tax stuff straight after memorizing the correct number or did you not worry about it?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Nah... I was too young at the time to realize what that meant. Plus, working part-time after school... I didn't even make enough money that I HAD to file taxes. So I figured the S.S. was such a small amount that it wasn't worth it to go back and fight for it.
March 21st, 2005, 09:42 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to amanda817
Yeah I know what you are going thru. I am the daughter of a very paranoid father, all gov concerns anyway...
I didn't get my license until I was 18 too, because my grandfather was fed up with my Dad, basically and told me it was time for me to even have an SS # so I could work! Anyway, I changed my name around the same time (long story short I didn't want my 'bio dad's' last name).
So me and my Grandpa went into the office to set me up with a SS#. They saw my name change and preceded to treat me like a criminal! I had everything! Birth certificate, name change docs, immunization records... well I didn't have a driver's license yet because I didn't have a social.
They made me wait for a #! Finally after a SUMMER of waiting, me and Grandpa go into the office AGAIN, and they treated me like a criminal trying to run from the law. Well, grandpa was having NONE of that! Preceded to throw profanity at the woman and two days later I get a call from the SS administration with my number. I finally get a card two weeks later!
My advice:
Just bring your DH or your Dad in with you so he can get mad and yell at the lady, and they will certainly get on the ball. Or you can totally make a complaint to your representative or call the Administration directly and make a complaint there. GOOD LUCK, and I'm sorry to hear about that!

Amanda & Chris
March 21st, 2005, 09:50 AM
oh I am deff bringing DH this time. After I left on Friday in tears he said that he would be making the FINAL trip with me. It's rediculous that I've had to go back so many times trying to get my new card and all they want to do is have me bring this doc. and that one. Well... I have news for them... I found my first marriage license online and I will be calling for a certified copy at lunchtime. Ticks me off that I have do this, and pay for the copy and pay for overnight shipment, but I have no other choice. I've got to renew my license before court next month... otherwise I'll be writting from a jail cell LOL. Then I'll have to change my name to criminalcarolinagirl LOL

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search