Did anyone test this morning??? (Sunday) UPDATED

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2005, 05:26 AM
sydney81502
OK, so I broke down and POAS this morning. It look FOREVER for the control line to show up....I actually thought the test might be defective and started to open another one, but then the line showed. But no second line after the 5 minutes that the test says to allow to interpret the results.

So, I went back to bed and got up about an hour later. Looked at the test again and there is a faint second line there. I know very well the rule about not reading the test after the time limit, but of course, I can't help but wonder! Do you think that since the control line took longer to come up, maybe that was the case with the other line too? Or should I consider these results definitely invalid? I'll test again tomorrow morning, but in the meantime, I'm going to be going crazy wondering whether I'm pg or not!!!

Did anyone else test today???

Susan

UPDATE---MONDAY

OK....I'd POAS again this morning and this time the control line came up immediately. At around 3-4 minutes, I noticed a VERY faint second line. But I'm talking VERY VERY faint....like I had to hold it in the right light to even see it!!! Now I'm questioning the accuracy of these tests....they are internet cheapos and this is the first time I've ever used them. I'm wondering if the lines I'm seeing are just evap lines because the tests are cheap. What do you think?? I'll probably go to the store today and get a name brand test and test with that tomorrow, just to be sure. Do you all have any suggestions about which one to get??

If you've gotten this far, thanks for reading!! I really appreciate having somewhere to vent about my confusion!!!

Susan
March 20th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did the control line show up in the specified amount of time? Because if it didn't maybe it was defective. I personally would test again because the emotions you are having now are worth the extra money spent on another test. Atleast that is how I would justify it.
March 20th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you test again, try and wait four hours and not have a drink and then test using that urine, that way its quite strong and not diluted.

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
March 20th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I would test tomorrow to be sure. I did a test today BFN but I am not due till Wed if it is a 28 day cycle. I have been running 27-31 days for the past 6 mo. So I am just going to wait and see.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
March 20th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Kristimomto2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, I can't help much but I am just a POAS addict beginner but I can tell you this, if I had what occured with you happen to me I would test again using a different test just to compare or test again in the morning. What you could also do is call the number on the box and see what they think.
March 20th, 2005, 08:40 AM
monkhester
I hope it is BFP! I am waiting on edge for the next BFP!!!!!
March 20th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Neo76 Send a message via MSN to Neo76 Send a message via Yahoo to Neo76
I would test again for sure! I tested yesterday and my BFP faint line showed up within 5 minutes. It got darker though after the 5 minutes. I then went to go get a blood test cause I couldn't sit their waiting for the next morning to test. Try to test first thing in the morning because your urine isn't as diluted at that point. GOOD LUCKKK! Let us know what happens....

Hoping this is your month!!

March 20th, 2005, 10:20 AM
sydney81502
Thanks ladies!! I will definitely test again first thing tomorrow! I'll keep you posted for sure!

Susan
March 21st, 2005, 04:35 AM
sydney81502
BUMP....Update at top!!!
March 21st, 2005, 04:39 AM
When is your AF due ?

March 21st, 2005, 05:09 AM
sydney81502
Karen....AF is due Thursday!
March 21st, 2005, 05:14 AM
I'd test again on Thursday then, I know some tests do show an evaporation line after the five minutes has passed, Have a look in the sticky at the top of this board and it tells you all the different test names with the amount of HCG measured. I hope this helps , keep us posted

Heres the link for the sticky

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...howtopic=29567

March 21st, 2005, 05:14 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I am thinking it's positive, but I usually test with a second brand if that happens. (That was in response to the update, not the first part)

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
March 21st, 2005, 05:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With my last pregnancy I too had a VERY faint line (my sister thought I was nuts, she couldn't see it)... so I would definately test with FMU again tomorrow.
I did not have good luck with the early predictors and I didn't like the read out ones that say pregnant or not.

It's really best to test closer to AF ( it is still early for you) and if you are testing with very sensitive tests now the store bought ones won't detect as quickly. I would get a pack of 2 or 3 tests and test tomorrow and for sure Thursday!!

Good luck!! I am praying it's a BFP!! It sounds promising to me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search