First Response Early HPT

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2005, 10:49 AM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
Have you guys noticed that when you buy FRE HPT the miu's tested isn't listed.. I found on numerous sites that they only test 25 miU's.. Thats not early, you can get 25 miU tests at the Dollar store.. And I've read also that dollar store tests requires more than 25 miU's, and on the box it says it only requires 25..

Does anyone have any information on this?
March 21st, 2005, 11:05 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally posted by sandycheeks@Mar 21 2005, 01:49 PM
Have you guys noticed that when you buy FRE HPT the miu's tested isn't listed.. I found on numerous sites that they only test 25 miU's.. Thats not early, you can get 25 miU tests at the Dollar store.. And I've read also that dollar store tests requires more than 25 miU's, and on the box it says it only requires 25..

Does anyone have any information* on this?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

All I know is I tested this morning with First Response...suppose to show 4 days before pregancy....its either I am not pregant or they are junk...I am due to start on March 25th so according to my clacualtions thats four days.....I wouldn't waste your money just wait when are you due to start
March 21st, 2005, 11:36 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tang, they are not 100% guaranteed to show a + if you are prego....you may be prego but may have less than the mIU it says it can detect as early as 4 days. Everyone is different as far as how much of the hormone there body is producing. It's possible you may not have enough of the hormone to show a + even after AF is due...it just depends. You should wait until AF is due to test again for a much more accurate result. In a way you are right though as far as the early tests being a waste of money because the chances of getting an accurate result early on is slim...not many people have enough of the hormone that early.
March 21st, 2005, 12:14 PM
I used a FRE hpt my first pregnancy and got a positive.. I just don't think they test as early as they say they can unless your super special and can get a positive that early.. I've also read that most people don't get a positive till their 14 dpo.. So I'm still holding hope.. I am 12 dpo, and I got a negative this morning with FRE. Last time I got a positive I had to wait and test one day after missed period.. Like I said I don't think FRE is as early as they say they are.. I think you have to have 25 miU's and thats not really early..
March 21st, 2005, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My MIL swears by First Response (my husband will be 30 this year and has a 6 yr old sister) and that's the brand I used 4 days before AF was due. I got a faint but positive result. I just think what works for one doesn't always work for everyone.
March 21st, 2005, 01:15 PM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to ask how many people actually get a + using fre before af was due and how much before af was due did you test. This is the test I bought and was going to try testing 10 or 11 dpo but if hardly anyone has gotten a positive that early I may wait. I had read somewhere that fre tested at 15 but in other places I have read 25 so I am not sure. I think it was the peeonastick site that said 15. So far we have at least one person who got a + 4 days before af so I guess it is not a complete waste.
March 21st, 2005, 01:26 PM
KitKat
Each test may vary in sensitivity. Some tests can actually sense lower amounts than what they report that they test at. Some test may not pick up exactly what they say they test at. I have also read that each test may not have the exact same amount of dye in it than another test (so you may get a fainter line with one than another - and they can even be two tests from the same box!). So it is just such a crap shoot when you try to test early. The best thing to remember is... if you test before your period and get a positive (great) your pregnant... if you get a negative - test again. You can't be sure that you are NOT pregnant until you get AF or a negative blood test.

Stinks, but that's pretty much how it goes. But that's ok, we all know that's its fine and dandy to say so... but we'll still be sitting here each month going "Do you think I might be?"

We can't help. Have to have eternal hope and it's so much easier to hope when other people hope with you!
March 21st, 2005, 02:46 PM
I just think its funny how every test has what they test for.. Like they'll have 50 miU's, 25 miU's... First Response doesn't list on their box what they test.. But I too have seen that site where it tests 15 miU's, then on 3 other sites it says 25 miU's..
All I know is if I don't get a bFP, I'll be here again next month, etc etc.. But I'm going to be planned this month, I have a basal therm.,and I'm buying a OPK... so maybe that will up my chances, or atleast tell me if I ovulate due to the fact I have PCOS, so maybe I can get some help.
March 21st, 2005, 03:03 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well since Drs. consider you to be pregnant at 25 then I would assume it wouldn't test any lower than that, KWIM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search