every other or every day?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2005, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies-

So I started clomid and today is cd 13. My doc said that starting on cd 14-20 dh and I are suppossed to bd every other day. His tests came back today and everything is ok! So my question would be is it better to do it every day to maximize odds since everything is normal or every other day? Does anyone have any opinions? Anyone have this work? I am afraid we will miss the window. So far the OPK is not showing any line. So now I am worried that I will even O this month. Hope all is well and thanks for your answers, your support is so greatly appreciated!

Nicole

TTC#1

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 21st, 2005, 06:10 PM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi mommy2bstl

First of all good luck this time! From what I have researched it does not make much of a difference at all on whether you BD every day or every other day as far as conceiving goes...you may SLIGHTLY up your chances but not much....also I believe it is better for DH to wait a day in-between to help give him a chance to build-up his spermies....but I don't know if that is a big factor or not , so personally I am happy with every other day but if you want to every day go for it, it!

Oh and as far as missing the window, if you BD every other day you have a very good chance because the sperm survive in there on average of 36-72 hours (or longer in some cases) so they will be there waiting! Don't worry about missing the window ok?

LOTS OF BABY DUST YOUR WAY!
March 21st, 2005, 06:43 PM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the argument for every other day is to rebuild the sperm count. Did they test your hubbys sperm count because if it is really high and he has super spermies I don't think you would need to worry about that. We bd everyday when trying. With my last we got preggo the 1st month. This is my first month trying this time around and I am only 9dpo so I don't know if we are successful. If you are monitoring the big O you should not miss your day though. Good luck!
March 21st, 2005, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
TexMex-

You have turned into a savy researcher! Thanks for the information. I am so clueless about some things. DH was tested and is "normal" so now I am just going to do the every other thing. Lots of babydust to you-

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search