Evaporation lines

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2005, 10:38 AM
Good day all,

I was wondering how common evaporation lines are on HPT's. Do they show up after a time on every single test? Is it considered an evaporation line if there is some color in it? Like if it's very faint pink?

I'm still waiting to hear back about my bloodwork and that test I took yesterday afternoon that was negative now has a nice pink second line on it. My two BFP's that showed up within ten minutes have that faint pink color. That's why I'm wonderin'.

Anyone know?
March 23rd, 2005, 11:05 AM
KitKat
I have heard different things. Not all tests get evaporation lines (most brands do - but times, variations and each individual test is different). Some women have had a two test box set and got an evap. line on one of the tests... but not the other!

Most sites say that an evap. line is either white, grey or clear (looks like a dent in the test) and that if the line has color... it could be a positive.

Other sites say that evap. lines will show up as color as well and that ANY test after the time limit is invalid. Period.

Peeonastick.com even shows examples of some tests' evap. lines - and MOST of those have color to them. So only time (and your blood test results) will tell. Sorry.

Good Luck and let us know what the results are.
March 23rd, 2005, 12:19 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
If you've let the test sit overnight there are lots of tests that will turn positive when sitting past the alloted time. Some brands are worse than others. If it showed up positive after the alloted time I would not consider it positive.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
March 23rd, 2005, 12:22 PM
I'm not considering it positive. What I'm doing is now questioning the two that turned faint positive within the time limit! They look the same as the evaporation one. LOL.

I'm almost at the point that I've convinced myself that I imagined the two BFP's since that last one turned negative. And now I'm questioning everything. I need my blood test results to put me out of my misery! Argh.
March 23rd, 2005, 12:36 PM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
GOOD LUCK Canwood!

I really hope you get a BFP! Please keep us posted!
March 23rd, 2005, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've resorted to buy First Response because they don't have evap lines lol!!! I just kept driving myself nuts with evap lives.
March 23rd, 2005, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a problem with my ovarian cysts making pregnancy tests show up positive. Fact Plus, especially EPT do this, the only one that is truly accurate is Clear Blue easy. that is my experience. Best wishes for a BFP!!!

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 23rd, 2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks everyone.

I think I'm going to go buy a FRED and test in the morning. Still no word from the office about my blood test and they aren't answering their phone. So, I'll pass the time by POAS! LOL.
March 23rd, 2005, 05:03 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
A dollar store test I took Saturday morning at 11dpo the negative line ran, like a wet marker runs... I've never had evap. lines... My first month TTC in Janurary I got pregnant.. This is my first month TTC after a m/c, and I have't seen 2 lines yet

I been lucky with my ovarian cysts they haven't showed up a false positive yet.. But ovarian cysts can.. some hpt's will tell you that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search