Do you hide your POAS addiction?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2005, 02:19 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Ok, dh gets really mad about my obsessive testing so I don't usually tell him any more unless I get a positive of course, lol. I make sure to throw the tests away. He knows I do it, but at least then we don't fight about it. So anyone else hiding it?

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
March 23rd, 2005, 02:41 PM
modelt's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to modelt
YES I DO MY DH GETS MAD CAUSE HE KNOWS THAT I TOOK IT AND DID NOT TELL HIM.SO I TELL HIM NOW TO HIDE FROM ME UNTIL I WANT TOO BUT SO FAR THAT HAS NOT BEEN ANY GOOD CASE HE IS NOT A GOOD HIDER.LIKE RIGHT NOW HE KNOWS I WANT TO TEST BUT I TOLD HIM I WILL WAIT A COUPLE MORE DAYS.ITS KILLING ME...CAUSE I CAN HEAR IT CALLING MY NAME.

MODELT

ME 30
DH 41
TTC#1

BABYDUST TO ALL
March 23rd, 2005, 03:06 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I don't tell DH either he has never said anything about me taking them but I don't want him to know how much money I spend on them before I am even due...lol

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
March 23rd, 2005, 04:04 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am only posting here to tell you my sister is officially insane. If you had any idea how many tests she will take when she thought she was pregnant you would fall over. Well maybe not. But I think she has taken no less than six tests with any of her kids.

Okay smack me over the head Teresa.

I have never taken more than two or maybe three on a rare occasion. As a matter of fact she is the one that buys my tests half the time because it is driving her crazy! LMBO!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 23rd, 2005, 04:40 PM
Kristimomto2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't tell DH how many times I POAS either till it was positive of course.....I live in Canada so you could imagine how much money it costs to support my addiction. He always says " Why don't you wait to test when you miss your AF?" Is he for real? I could never wait that long I would have driven my self nuts. LOL
March 23rd, 2005, 08:32 PM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hide mine too. Not because of the money thing because he wouldn't say anything about that but because I feel kind of silly. I feel kinda like I got caught sneaking a chocolate bar when I am supposed to be dieting. Kind of guilty for the lack of self control. KWIM. The other day he saw one that I had put in the trash (I had tried to cover it with stuff but he still saw it) and he just asked if I tested (well duuuh) and I said "yes it was neg but I am only 10dpo" (like speaking a foreign language to him) and he said "why get yourself upset why not just wait" ( patience that word is not in my vocabulary). He did not care but I felt like a kid caught with there hand in the cookie jar.
March 24th, 2005, 05:46 AM
KitKat
Definately. Sometimes, I'll tell DH that I think I should test in a few days.... then don't tell him that I am testing like mad until then. Like this last time... DH thinks that I just took the two tests in the box that came out positive... he has no idea that I spent a small fortune on a gazillion tests before those!!!
March 24th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The first month DH was amazed at how much money I had spent on them. So now I hide them so he does not see how much I spend on them. I think he would absolutely flip a gasket if he knew how much I was spending every month on not only opk but preggo test as well! They don't have to know everything....

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 24th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have the opposite problem. My hubsband is always begging me to test. I usually only test when i think there is a chance it will be BFP. Although, I did test 11 DPO this month and got a BFN. AF arrived 2 days later.
March 24th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Send a message via MSN to crazy tempe cat lady
My mother has lived with us for 6 months and I hide the boxes and sticks because I don't want her to get her hopes up or to talk about getting a BFN. She's always been there for me and now us and usually knows somethings up when she realizes I'm acting crazier than usual. But when we do get a BFP she'll be second to know right between my SO and my best friend of 14 years.

Now I don't know what this means but I WAS hiding tests from my fiance because he always gets this grin on his face when I tell him I'm late and it hurts when it's BFN again but the last time I was hiding them and I told him I was late he was like, "I bet you already started hiding tests somewhere around here.", and pointed right where they were in our closet under some clothes!!! I'm 100 % positive he didn't know here they were but maybe he did....what a rascal I'm getting married to!! I should get him back for that! Anyways, now I just come right out and tell him esp. since he can help pay for them too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search